It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No way it is coincidence that morality is not taught in schools, Universities

page: 10
<< 7  8  9   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 04:25 PM
link   
a reply to: dukeofjive696969

Or if they are taught it, it's in Kindergarten, not University.

What amazes me more (actually, not really, considering who benefits) is the lack of classes on personal finance and managing money.

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 04:57 PM
link   
People being able to do so much for themselves; does not broaden the job market nor help the economy... it is counter productive to capitalism unless of course you are someone that can provide someone with some need no one has really fulfilled in your area or they have no other competition or the services offered are piss poor.

Too skilled is a thing... I am one of those over qualified too skilled sorts. Being able to fix and build anything all by my lonesome... if everyone had those sorts of skills? Well aside from saving a hell of a lot of money? Less jobs and money sinking into local economies except well the places one would get parts etc. from but being able to order stuff like that offline typically 200-300%% cheaper before labor those aren't really needed either.

lol basically just a steel and lumber yard with various fasteners that's about it... easy to be self sufficient in everything else.

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 05:06 PM
link   
a reply to: BigBrotherDarkness

Not totally sure I agree with your conclusion there.

I know how to unblock the sink in the bathroom. If it wasn't so expensive to hire a plumber, you can be sure I would never again be undoing the trap in the drain pipe and fishing out decomposing hair and stuff.

The same goes for washing the car, servicing it and a whole load of other things, such as plastering or bricklaying.

I only do those because I am cheaper than a professional

Given the choice, I'd sub contract out all those jobs and stick to working on my bike and cooking

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 05:19 PM
link   
a reply to: SprocketUK

Sounds like you just want to ride around the country side grilling out... it's fun stuff if you've never heard of Chopcult check it out I used to Mod for them MotoCantina are friends of mine as well when it splintered one side went corporate whoring and the other one likes it underground.

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Thans, I'll have a look.
But yeah, the point was, there is stuff we do because we love it and stuff we do because it needs doing.

It's nice to make something yourself (I made beds for all three of my kids when they were younger, a mystery machine bunk bed for the boys and a Barbie princess 4 poster for my daughter), but there are times you want to pay another to do it for you so you can enjoy something different, yeah?

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 05:31 PM
link   

True that; like eating is much better than the dishes part.

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 08:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: BigBrotherDarkness

True that; like eating is much better than the dishes part.

Oh yeah!

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Actually, I think it is beneficial to the economy to be able to do things oneself. It might cut into jobs some, but it also forces businesses to do a better job.

As an example: when the CV half-axle went bad in my car, I had a choice. I could go find a mechanic to replace it, or I could replace it myself. At the time, the cost of having a mechanic do the work was far more than I could afford. So I replaced the thing myself, not because I wanted to, but because I had to. Had the mechanic's labor been affordable, I would have really preferred to not spend a day buried inside a greasy wheel-well.

The mechanic will make more money if he does more work; that's why shops hire mechanics: to fill the workload. The workload is dependent on the cost of the service. Ergo, the lower the cost of the product, the more work there is available to provide it. The more choices people have, including the choice to revise for themselves, the more pressure there is to keep costs low.

Without that pressure, costs will rise unchecked because people are forced to use the service or product. As costs rise, more and more people cannot afford to use the product or service, and payment is taken over by insurance or entitlement programs. This removes the customer further from the service or product and renders their feedback null and void. The only winners are those who get the government contracts or insurance agreements, who are usually not the best but rather those with the best contacts.

Sound familiar? I did my part to stop it: I changed my own half-axle.

TheRedneck

posted on Apr, 5 2017 @ 07:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: enlightenedservant
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Not to mention, who would even be qualified to teach it? Humans can't even agree on what's "right" or "wrong" with simple things like hair styles, clothing, or relationships.

It would always come down to the political swing of the neighborhood/area the school finds itself in. Teaching morality would be even MORE ripe for political shenanigans and showboating than teaching history (and unfortunately science) already is.

posted on Apr, 5 2017 @ 08:33 AM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

The boots are made with rubber that degrades when that inferior material boot on them splits then the non water proof grease washes out of the bearings... and then clickety clickety; which racket do you think am I more concerned about?

Edit to add: Did you recycle your CV joint? Because that's typically what is done with them but charged as OEM well because it is even if refurbished boot and grease OEM approved... a chemical bath new grease and new boot and then re-stocked and put on someone else's car, typically people don't drive around on a busted CV long enough to produce much wear. I busted both CV boots on a CRX I had drove it like that for three years... just named my car Horse and pretended it was galloping like horse shoes on cobblestones when going around a corners... I just got tired of replacing them every 6 months. My rationale was like that of skateboard bearings on purchase I would pop the shields off flush the grease out and pop them into the wheel. Lasted longer doing that, since I also skated in the rain it prevented all the grease from flushing out the shields then wearing on the retainers wearing them out and ruining the bearing. So same thing in the joint... so it was a noise? If it failed completely then replace otherwise still good to go. Someone ran a flashing red light on me(treated like a stop sign at night in this city) putting it out of commission so money saved even though I had just put brand new tires and clutch in it.

edit on 5-4-2017 by BigBrotherDarkness because: sp.

posted on Apr, 5 2017 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Yeah, that's a whole 'nother thread.

And I did turn in the core for deposit... doubt they got much out of it, though. She was worn pretty bad.

TheRedneck

posted on Apr, 5 2017 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Oh a cut throat competition for a management job, huh?

Do you think the greatest person is gonna get that job?

Or do you think the greatest person competing is gonna be one of the first people thrown under the bus?
edit on 5-4-2017 by InachMarbank because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 03:57 PM
link   
a reply to: InachMarbank

I think the person that can do the job and do it at the cheapest rate the company can get them for.

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 10:54 PM
link   

What do they call that in economics, a race to the bottom?

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 07:52 AM
link   
a reply to: InachMarbank

From the top? Trickle down. Re: CEO's increasing ridiculous sums while they close office after office booting thousands from their jobs and not pay a dime in corporate taxes saying they prop up the economy with those jobs. But the CEO is appointed from a round table that revolves making those decisions and paying each other... as the entire corporation is raided and sold into larger corporations in consolidation into one parent family... think of the 3 pyramids three family brands own every other corporation in the U.S. and well most of the world too, they buy sell and shift around.

As soon as any privately owned business or corporation looks lucrative and they cannot outsource or out competition it; especially in the days of the internet... then they look to buy it out. When they were looking to buy snapchat for example and the fellow said no it is worth more, hackers then hit it exposing people's private data and photos trying to shake the fellow into selling for fear of the controversy and backlash in an attempt to not make it worth as much.

They don't want to play competition; they don't want to invite people to the table... they desire and want to rule the entire thing. Buy those things out and absorb them in branding or basically slavery, but the mark isn't on the people except as a mark for getting their dollars, the mark is the trade mark or brand loyalty itself... the more consuming that can be forced onto people they do not even want or need? The more control they have... so it bears them to make up a global system of debt/slavery from cradle to grave, and then start enforcing that entire thing down to the smallest grain of sand.

There is really no escape from what has been created; other than compliance... and forgetting about it, in that's just the way it is unless the people do something... but then again it will turn right around and eventually do the exact same damned thing, so it's a catch-22 already being systematic and everyone's education compartmentalized... so what are they going to do if they are not doing tasks they know how to do? Still have to earn a living support themselves perhaps a family.

The entire world is already corporate owned, the fighting is just to gain more territory and cheap labor and resources and people not wanting a part of that use religion as an excuse to have rights not to have to deal with it. But they were at one time and still are to some extent corporations all their own. With kings and queens sitting as CEO's.

top topics

<< 7  8  9   >>

join