It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump vindicated as judge approves 25 million Trump university settlement

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 02:42 PM
link   
6000 Trump university alumni were compensated. In exchange, Trump admits no wrong doing. And thus ended the 7 years Trump university saga. However the crook Michael Sexton who conceived and run Trump university escaped justice. The charges included calling it a university when it wasn't although Trump university was later renamed the Trump Entrepreneur Initiative, and fraudulent ads which stated students would be taught Trump's business secrets that made him a billionaire.

link

+5 more 
posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 02:47 PM
link   
I don't see that the settlement vindicated Pres Trump but I do see that he was allowed to settle without admitting wrong doing. There is a difference.
a reply to: allsee4eye

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 02:53 PM
link   
a reply to: whywhynot

Those students would have never won the case against Trump in court. Trump didn't force them to go to Trump university. They did it on their own volition. Trump was being kind hearted to compensate them.

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 02:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: allsee4eye

Those students would have never won the case against Trump in court. Trump didn't force them to go to Trump university. They did it on their own volition. Trump was being kind hearted to compensate them.

Even if that were true, which I doubt, how does that vindicate him? I think it makes him look guilty and cheap.

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Kind hearted?

Trump made a horrible business decision to allow his brand being attached to what amounts to a scam, and he profited from it.

This is the result of poor decision making.

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 02:58 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

I agree. Trump university was a major fu. It was the worst Trump brand business ever. Maybe Michael Sexton was a Dem operative who was hired by DNC to sabotage Trump? Who knows?

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 02:59 PM
link   
However, there are truth in advertising laws. Trump University was not a University. They assert, among other things, that they were enticed to purchase the courses because of misleading advertising.

Everyone has their position, that's how attorneys educate their children.

reply to: allsee4eye

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 03:00 PM
link   

You look awful in your Trump University cheerleader getup, bud.

This doesn't vindicate anything. Trump had seven years to get the suit thrown out and didn't pull it off. Trump said he'd never settle "when I'm right" and then turns around and settles.

Put the pom-poms down.

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 03:01 PM
link   

It was not a university. A university must have many faculties. Trump university only taught business.

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 03:01 PM
link   

a reply to: introvert

I agree. Trump university was a major fu. It was the worst Trump brand business ever. Maybe Michael Sexton was a Dem operative who was hired by DNC to sabotage Trump? Who knows?

I doubt it has anything to do with politics or sabotage.

They saw an opportunity to make some cash and it bit them in the ass.

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 03:02 PM
link   
My point exactly

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Trump U was being sued for 40 million dollars, but they settled for 25.

Thats 25 million times trump got vindicated.

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 03:14 PM
link   
A settlement is more like admitting to wrongdoing and paying somebody off to shut the F up about it.

I have no idea where someone would see it as being vindicated.

I guess y'all just see what you wanna see...

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 03:15 PM
link   
a reply to: MyHappyDogShiner

Bill Clinton settled with Paula Jones for nearly a million even though the judge said Paula Jones' claim was baseless.

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Jesus, some mental gymnastics you're pulling. Trump paying 25 MILLION dollars is a SETTLEMENT. Had he not SETTLED he would have most definitely been proven of wrong doing WHILE also paying out MORE money.

Trump was completely wrong in CONNING poor people out of their money so stop blaming someone else no one ever heard of.

Your defense of Trump is PATHETIC. And what's really ironic is that Trump brags about NEVER settling lawsuits and yet here he is, settling.
edit on 31-3-2017 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 03:18 PM
link   

We weren't talking about Bill effin Clinton.

Always deflecting toward somebody else being a bad dog as an excuse for being a bad dog doesn't make one a good dog.

Woof.

edit on ? by MyHappyDogShiner because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Bill Clinton settled with Paula Jones for nearly a million even though the judge said Paula Jones' claim was baseless.

Trump supporting 101:

a) Always deflect to Clinton when defending Trump.

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Aaaaaaaaactually, one judge threw out her case saying she had insufficient evidence that she had lost her job after telling Billy to back off and then the Supreme Court ruled that a woman doesn't have to be fired to be able to say she had been subjected to sexual harassment at work.

And then Billy settled for more than Jones had asked for initially because he was trying to damage the impeachment case being brought against him.

Don't try to revise history to bolster your cheerleading

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 03:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: MyHappyDogShiner

We weren't talking about Bill effin Clinton.

Always deflecting toward somebody else being a bad dog as an excuse for being a bad dog doesn't make one a good dog.

And he would know, just check out his name and avatar!

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 03:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: MyHappyDogShiner
A settlement is more like admitting to wrongdoing and paying somebody off to shut the F up about it.

I disagree. Parties to a law suit settle when each of them believe that the cost of proceeding to trial exceeds the benefit of the likely outcomes of the trial. Remember, a settlement doesn't occur unless BOTH sides settle.

So if as you contend settlement equals wrongdoing then both are admitting it.

Just my thoughts.
edit on 31-3-2017 by whywhynot because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join