It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's confirmed, the F35 sucks

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 07:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Wide-Eyes

Oh the reports already coming from the guys developing tactics are wild. They did an exercise at Eglin that used simulated radar transmitters, they basically sent a false signal to the aircraft in the right frequency range for certain types of radar. It's worked great for decades, and it's cheaper than buying actual radar transmitters.

The F-35s got the signals, recognized them as simulated sets, and totally ignored them.

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 07:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58
a reply to: seasonal

Or perhaps people should realise that they're developing the most complex aircraft ever conceived of. Every single aircraft ever built had fairly serious problems during development, and some of those went on to be some of the best aircraft ever.

Sounds like all the same crap that was thrown around about the F-15 back in the day it was new and fraught with issues. But, was it eventually successful as a platform? How many countries bought into it afterward too?

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 07:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Krakatoa

I'd say 104-0-3 between all variants is pretty successful.

You can find comments like this with the Viper, Hornet, Raptor, etc.

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 08:03 PM
link   

a reply to: Tempter

I'm well aware of the report, as well as who wrote it. The F-35 has been torn apart in this forum for years. Yes, it has problems, of course it has problems. All new aircraft do. Those problems are being resolved at an increasing rate over the last few years, and at least some of this information is old.

And Red Flag doesn't get cherry picked. It's the most intense exercise anywhere in the world.

Actually, P90x is king. Have you ever done that for 60 days? Jesus!

I attended Red Flag. I was there as an F15 Crew Chief. I know the value of it. I also know there will be Red X after Red X every single flight with the F35.

Count on it.

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Of course there will be. And you know this from your extensive experience with it, right?

We went around on this before. I know how much you already dislike the F-35 and are willing to believe every bad thing about it. And meanwhile, it's proving to be far better than reported and improving.
edit on 3/30/2017 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 08:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Sounds good, decoys are always better than a fire fight.

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 08:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tempter

I'm well aware of the report, as well as who wrote it. The F-35 has been torn apart in this forum for years. Yes, it has problems, of course it has problems. All new aircraft do. Those problems are being resolved at an increasing rate over the last few years, and at least some of this information is old.

And Red Flag doesn't get cherry picked. It's the most intense exercise anywhere in the world.

I attended Red Flag. I was there as an F15 Crew Chief. I know the value of it. I also know there will be Red X after Red X every single flight with the F35..

Ah! Now I get it. Thanks for your service.

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 08:46 PM
link   

I've read the article, all of the comments and all I have to say is the following;

As an Australian I am not keen on taking any F35s now, next year or in 2 years time. If that report is even 50% accurate, it's a bad buy, end of story.

On paper it's obviously a brilliant idea, but at the moment ...................

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 08:48 PM
link   

And yet, they've been kicking ass at just about every exercise they've been involved in since reaching IOC. Including one of the most intense Red Flag exercises in years.

Oh, I should have known they were using Gilmore as their source.

What is the issue with Dr. Gilmore ?

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 09:01 PM
link   
a reply to: M5xaz

Just about everything under development under his tenure has been a "it's going ok, but...."

No matter how well the program has been doing he's found some tiny little thing wrong with it to say they're facing delays, or they aren't running the testing right, etc. He comes across as much more worried about politics than the actual programs.

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 09:04 PM
link   
a reply to: myselfaswell

No, actually, at the moment it's doing well and building momentum. Several of those issues are software related and will be resolved with the next block of software, the helmet issue was mostly the Gen II helmet. The Gen IIIv helmet has resolved almost all the issues.

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 09:06 PM
link   

a reply to: M5xaz

Just about everything under development under his tenure has been a "it's going ok, but...."

No matter how well the program has been doing he's found some tiny little thing wrong with it to say they're facing delays, or they aren't running the testing right, etc. He comes across as much more worried about politics than the actual programs.

OK
Thanks

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 09:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Wide-Eyes

Billion dollar bombers and million dollar bombs.

I don't care how expensive it is. If you can see it, you can kill it.

Other sources for the warmongers to sling mud at...

F35 failure

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Thanks for the reply.

The Gen IIIv helmet has resolved almost all the issues.

I guess that's my point.

I wouldn't buy a car from a dealer who will admit that a car goes real fast, but squeaks a bit.

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 09:23 PM
link   

You also wouldn't buy a car that's in development. The F-35 is still in low rate production. By the time they enter full rate production and are entering service with everyone else, they'll have completed the development program, the final version of the software will be uploaded onto the aircraft.

Australia isn't planning on IOC until 2020 now. The 3F software that allows full operation of the aircraft is scheduled to be uploading soon and is in flight testing now. It should be in all production aircraft by the end of next year.

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Ah, yes...

Gilmore, the expert on all things F-35. Despite being proven wrong oh, so many times...

In Red Flag the aircraft and its pilots were, shall we say, impressive.

But hey, if Gilmore says its true...

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Point taken, however I have experience with the US military and the manner in which they operate.

I was in Saudi during the first Gulf war, the Patriot missile system was nothing short of laughable. In fact I only narrowly missed a Scud which blew the top 3 stories off of a Saudi government building that was subsequently leveled to the ground by the Patriot following it in. I still remember the propoganda that it was working well, when it wasn't, and I also remember the deaths.

And that drama continued all the way through to the next Gulf war apparently. I'm sure there are shirt loads of other examples but I'll leave it at that.

The truth is the US Military does not admit to making lemons even if they're killing their own.

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 09:57 PM
link   

There are far too many people that are impressed by the F-35. Even people that started out wanting to see it cancelled have been won over. They've gotten to the point now where countries that originally had little to no interest in it are shopping for them.

Yes, there have been bad programs. Every military has them, and none admit them until after they're out of service. You don't admit that your primary missile defense system doesn't work, when people might shoot at you. Although they after action reports on the Patriot in Desert Storm were pretty scathing.

The F-35 isn't going to be a great aircraft, but it's going to be a hell of a good one. It won't be in the same category as the F-15 or F-22, but better than the F-18.

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 10:50 PM
link   
Apparently the Kosher version is do reasonably well according to a reliable source.

Нет контакта, где он, где он, черт возьми !
"No contact, where is it, where the hell is it ! "

Buck
edit on 30-3-2017 by flatbush71 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 11:52 PM
link   
I been reading th ef-15 is getting a upgrade to a 2040 c designation to be used as a missile truck. looks great.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join