It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ex-Bernie Madoff Hedge Funder Plunges to Death from 24 Story NY Building in Apparent Suicide

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Partner at John Paulson’s Hedge Fund Plunged to His Death in Apparent Suicide

This man apparently plunged to his death from a 24-story luxury hotel in Manhattan yesterday.

Charles Murphy (age 56) was a partner at a firm called Paulson & Co., and at an older company he worked for, they invested $7 Billion into Bernie Madoff, losing investors money.

Charles Murphy, 56, was found on the fourth-floor terrace of luxury New York hotel Sofitel, after jumping from a room on the 24th floor, according to Bloomberg, citing people familiar with the matter.

The firm he most recently worked, Paulson & Co. has been scrutinized for business practices as well:

Paulson & Co. hasn't had an easy time in recently. In 2016, the firm made famous for betting billions against the subprime mortgages before the financial crisis lost some $3 billion according to Bloomberg. Paulson's investors were also losing faith in the fund fast, with $2.5 billion in outflows that year, according to people familiar with the matter to Fortune last year.

The story seems to really want to suggest this is a suicide, blaming it on Paulson's $50 million home he was trying to sell, that is now on the market for $36 million. Give me a break.. it's not remorse from the Madoff thing years ago, it likely isn't sadness from losing some of his money...

Apparently he may have been with family at the time..

Link/video

2nd Source - The Event Chronicle: link

I originally heard about this on a podcast from today by Ken Shortgen (below), " entitled The Daily Economist update for 29 March 2017 - Article 50 and Fed Fischer Jawbones "

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 06:31 PM
link   
a reply to: FamCore

I cannot say that I believe it was a suicide. How many other people have dived off buildings again? Bankers for the most part. I only hope he was saved first.

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 06:45 PM
link   
This is so ironic, I was just reading a comic book called the black Monday murders, its about bankers that made a pact with mammon or the devil type of deal and it starts off with one of them getting thrown out the window. Ita more complex then that but not to spoil anything.

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Every hedgefund manager ive ever personally known was a sociopath. 90 percent of them should commit harikari. I have a personal aquaintance whos a hedgefund manager. He even attempted sucide. Said it was due to moral issues with his work. But still hes making 600k a year for a decade now. Hes a paycho but hey i grew up with him.

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Imagine my complete lack of surprise. It sucks to sell your soul. Don't believe me? Ask hedge fund managers.

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Is hedge fund trading just another term for insider trading? All I can say is good riddance, the devil collected his dues.

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 07:21 PM
link   
a reply to: FamCore

I wonder if they have been "handing" investments for the Clinton foundation? Or maybe the feds came aknockin' in which cases there are only two choices, run to a country without an extradition treaty or suicide by flight, two bullets to the head, chainsaw to cut wrists, stab yourself seven to fifteen times while wearing handcuffs, etc...

Cheers - Dave

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 07:21 PM
link   
More food for me.
Next.

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 07:26 PM
link   
Probably couldn't live with being a total pos anymore.

When you trade your soul to dark spirits don't be surprised if they come back wanting a return on their investment.

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 07:36 PM
link   
a reply to: RisenMessiah

I only hope he was saved first.

LOL the fate of his soul would be on his investors minds...hahaha

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 07:40 PM
link   
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

His Investors have a lot of explaining to do then!

new topics

top topics

join