It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

In historic break, Britain gives formal notice it is leaving the European Union

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 07:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

originally posted by: SprocketUK
a reply to: Krazysh0t

One source, you could equally find others that say we will owe nothing. (For a start, that source doesn't take into account all the money we have tied up in the ECB and the property that we helped finance).

Well it's still being negotiated, but all the countries remaining in the EU are looking like they want you guys to pay. So you COULD find a source saying you won't pay, but that sounds more like wishful thinking to me.

bfy.tw...

As you can see, there are plenty of sources there, including such lefty paragons as Channel 4 news.

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 07:16 AM
link   

Some of the best, most lethal weapons systems in the world.

Everyone and their brother can make guns.

The most recognisable, luxury cars.

But BMW and Mercedes are German companies.

Some of the best, bleeding edge IT and scientific stuff.

You got me there. Trump has decided that science is the devil.

Tweed, lots of tweed.

Who cares?

The sort of shoes that will last you a life time.

I'll have to take your word on that. I've never bought a British shoe.

Beef that tastes like it was raised in heaven and won't give you cancer because it is full of hormones and stuff.

Uh huh...

Beer to die for.

You can keep your warm beer.

Wine that even the French buy now.
Whisky, Gin and a whole bunch of other stuff that you can use to dull the pain of not being British.

Ireland and Scotland wants to leave you guys now.
edit on 29-3-2017 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 07:19 AM
link   
a reply to: SprocketUK

I closed your link after I realized you were being patronizing, so I don't see anything you are talking about. I'll default that you are just seeing things you want to hear. Britain can sing and scream all day that they won't pay anything, but that doesn't mean it will be true. The EU says they owe and negotiations may reduce the amount, but y'all will be paying something. Bet me.

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 07:20 AM
link   

What problems with Trump? As I just posted in another thread, all I see is a man creating jobs and working on healthcare reform.

I think you are the deluded one. Sorry but don't underestimate our drive, we have some of the best in the world.
edit on 29-3-2017 by Wide-Eyes because: Grammar

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 07:20 AM
link   

Turn up somewhere in a Merc or Beemer and people are just meh
Turn up in a Roller and everyone knows you have arrived.

If you never tried a pair of proper shoes or a tweed jacket, then you just don't know what you are missing.

And all beer isn't warm

Part of Scotland wants to, not even a majority and, I would imagine, even fewer will want to leave once they get their fishing grounds back and the Royal Navy can once again favour British shipyards and steel works over foreign ones.

Ireland left years ago, the 6 counties of Ulster are still deciding which way to jump.

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 07:22 AM
link   

a reply to: SprocketUK

I closed your link after I realized you were being patronizing, so I don't see anything you are talking about. I'll default that you are just seeing things you want to hear. Britain can sing and scream all day that they won't pay anything, but that doesn't mean it will be true. The EU says they owe and negotiations may reduce the amount, but y'all will be paying something. Bet me.

Convenient, that. Isnt it? it does actually give the same google results as if you could be bothered to do it yourself, just that it does so with a smile.

if you are happy with spouting your opinion and everyone understanding that it is based on your own, self imposed, ignorance, then fine. bit sad though, don't you think?

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 07:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: alldaylong
Britain survived and in fact did really well before we joined the E.U. In fact it was The EEC we joined, which was nothing like what The E.U had become.

Newsflash: It isn't 1950 anymore. The world economy works CONSIDERABLY differently than it did back then.

You have the luxury of voting for your president.

We don't. The President Of The E.U. is imposed on us.

Y'all vote for the European Parliament, which decides the President. It isn't the same, but its similar.

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 07:23 AM
link   

NEWSFLASH! Ireland isn't even a part of the UK! LOL!

Extra tidbit. I think Trump will persuade Scotland to stay in the UK.

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 07:24 AM
link   

Convenient, that. Isnt it? it does actually give the same google results as if you could be bothered to do it yourself, just that it does so with a smile.

Except this isn't the mud pit and I won't walk down a path of arrogance with you. For example. I clipped the next part of your text because this thread is a news thread not a bio on Krazysh0t.

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 07:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Wide-Eyes

NEWSFLASH! Ireland isn't even a part of the UK! LOL!

Northern Ireland is still part of the UK

Extra tidbit. I think Trump will persuade Scotland to stay in the UK.

Good luck with that. Scotland hates that man.

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 07:27 AM
link   

Except this isn't the mud pit and I won't walk down a path of arrogance with you. For example. I clipped the next part of your text because this thread is a news thread not a bio on Krazysh0t.

Hey, you made a statement that was plain wrong, not my fault if you don't like being called on it.

Seems to me that just like all the other pro EU types, you are the one who's knowledge is lacking. maybe if you understood better, you wouldn't be so anti independence?

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 07:27 AM
link   

Y'all vote for the European Parliament, which decides the President. It isn't the same, but its similar

No it's not similar. It's nothing like it at all.

Newsflash: It isn't 1950 anymore. The world economy works CONSIDERABLY differently than it did back then.

And you think Britain can't make it work ( like it has done so over 100's of years ) What a defeatist attitude.

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 07:30 AM
link   

Maybe in Britain. Here in the States not so much.

If you never tried a pair of proper shoes or a tweed jacket, then you just don't know what you are missing.

Looking British. Something that looks silly outside of Britain. Sorry I can accept missing that.

And all beer isn't warm

I know. ALL of my beer is cold AND it tastes like heaven thanks to the microbrewery market.

Part of Scotland wants to, not even a majority and, I would imagine, even fewer will want to leave once they get their fishing grounds back and the Royal Navy can once again favour British shipyards and steel works over foreign ones.

We'll see.

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 07:30 AM
link   

Northern Ireland is a separate entity. That's what all that terrorism was about a few moons ago.
edit on 29-3-2017 by Wide-Eyes because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 07:31 AM
link   
a reply to: alldaylong

Oh I'm sure y'all will survive. I just don't think it is a good idea and one you will be regretting later down the road once your world influence wanes drastically.

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 07:33 AM
link   

Britain survived and in fact did really well before we joined the E.U. In fact it was The EEC we joined, which was nothing like what The E.U had become

Very true

link   

originally posted by: Wide-Eyes

Northern Ireland is a separate entity. That's what all that terrorism was about a few moons ago.

And? It's still part of your country and a potential powder keg waiting to go off thanks to this decision. Do you want all that terrorism to spring back up again?

link   

Maybe in Britain. Here in the States not so much.

Looking British. Something that looks silly outside of Britain. Sorry I can accept missing that.

We'll see.

1, maybe it's a class thing.
2, definitely a class thing. If you are happy with your falling down trousers and training shoes, that's fine. But if you ever want to look good, you know what you are going to have to do

3, exactly, we will see, not "They want to leave" as you erroneously stated.

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 07:36 AM
link   

Oh I'm sure y'all will survive. I just don't think it is a good idea and one you will be regretting later down the road once your world influence wanes drastically.

Why would our influence decline ? We are already part of a much bigger club than The E.U. It's called The Commonwealth.It comprises 52 countries.

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 07:37 AM
link   

Everyone and their brother can make guns.

They have a very formidable Defense capability

But BMW and Mercedes are German companies.

So Jaguar or Rolls Royce/Bentley dont count...lol

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join