It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump signs order undoing Obama climate change policies

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 02:39 PM
link   
So here I go stepping into the world of American polotics, BUT I hope that my lack of a vote is not the issue in this topic

www.bbc.co.uk...

Mr D J Trump and his EO pen have promised to

end to the "war on coal" and "job-killing regulations"

"With today's executive action I am taking historic steps to lift the restrictions on American energy, to reverse government intrusion and to cancel job-killing regulations."

So he would seem to be implying he WILL be remembered for taking historic actions on American energy, while I hope that he is correct I myself believe fossil fuel is pretty bad for peoples health, if I am wrong I hope it brings the prosperity Mr D J Trump has promised.

edit on 28-3-2017 by UpIsNowDown because: missed my Y from imply

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 02:47 PM
link   
The swamp people will be upset because some of their money skimming will stop.

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Hasn't Trump heard? AGW has been declared "RACIST" by BLM. This proves he really is a racist tyrant.

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Anyone know if the US pulling out of the Paris climate agreement?

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 03:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: allsee4eye
Anyone know if the US pulling out of the Paris climate agreement?

It would appear undecided as yet but other nations including India, China and the EU

During the campaign, he vowed to pull the US out of the Paris climate deal agreed in December 2015.

Whatever the US chooses, the EU, India and China say they will stick to their pledges made in Paris.

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 03:26 PM
link   

China 10.357 Billion tons of CO2
USA 5.414 Billion tons of CO2

Nextbigfuture.com, China has almost double the CO2 emissions of the USA. (2016 results)

Hear that China! The US is coming for you! We are really good a polluting and will be number one, again! Real soon!

Trump does not have a clue how government works. Years, money already spent, money promised, are being spent out of research facilities to work with industry to create actual technology to do all the items Obama signed. The writing was on the wall. People spent Obama's terms making these changes. There is nothing Trump can do because most of this is either already in place or coming on-line. This might actually have the opposite effect as research grants are cut and America falls behind. Could even cost jobs. But YAY for whatever side that goes YAY for these kind of announcements.

Add on that an oil pipeline during an oil and natural gas glut?? Sorry Orange Guy, you are a ship arriving to late to save a drowning witch. It will happen with or without "That evil Obama's regulations" so why bother getting rid of it? Let it die a natural life.

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 03:31 PM
link   
a reply to: UpIsNowDown

One of the primary Obama agendas when he became president was to work on control of environmental policies and to push for clean air act in order to funnel billions of dollar for green initiatives to make it exact it was about 150 Billion .

That is why regulations were passed and enacted, to give the green initiatives a way to profit, but sadly most of the money went to waste and abuse when some scandals behind those in that agenda were getting pay offs for working on Obama presidential campaign.

Green became part of big corporate agendas and the money was blown away.

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 03:36 PM
link   
a reply to: TEOTWAWKIAIFF

Also the love of this product is only adding to the problem, I guess Mr D J Trump accounts for twice that, either because he is no average American or he spouts waste from both ends more than most

www.newscientist.com...

And the average American gets though 57 sheets a day, six times the global average

Europe (therefore UK also/for a little longer) are no better

60 million rolls of toilet paper are flushed away in Europe every day

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Winning, so much winning.

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 03:44 PM
link   

So oil and coal are "bad for peoples health" are they??

Gee, lets see what oil and coal do for the benefit of peoples health....

Refrigeration to keep your food cold and safe from rot
Most hospital equipment is plastic and made from oil.
Protection from the elements ie you have heat when its cold and you can air condition your home when its hot"
Transportation of food and medicines and necessary products like clothes etc.

Man, the benefits of oil and coal are just about endless.

Compare your life with limitless access to relatively cheap energy to the lives of those in India where energy availablity can be hit or miss.

I am sure you will agree that oil and coal has an overall beneficial health effect on the population.

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Nice spin to the truth about what Trump is doing which is setting the U.S. up to be energy independent. The 'Church of Climatology' is simply in the way on this one.

edit on 2017/3/28 by Metallicus because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 03:54 PM
link   
I have formed my own opinion on peoples personal health, I think you maybe mistaking benefits for human efficiency and comfort (refrigeration, heating ones home) with health though, my opinion is based on actual people who I know have worked in coal mines and similar industries, now suffering in later life.

Gee, lets see what fire can do

I can cure HIV with fire but it might not be beneficial to the person, but hey ho fire is cheap and easy too.

Cheap and easy does not always = good

see Eddie Murphy and Atisone Seiuli

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Did you know, that since Trump signed this, within 100 years, most (if not all of us) here will be dead?

Thanks a lot, TRUMP!

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 03:57 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

looky you if you have 100 years left, I only have the most 30 more if I keep myself healthy and big pharma out of my pocket.

edit on 28-3-2017 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 03:58 PM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

I don't think I have 5 years left, but now I can blame it on Trump!

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 04:00 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

I know right!

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 04:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

I hope in the future to not be seen as spinning anything, I simpy read an article and formed an OP, my own opinion on fossil fuel was established when I was in secondary school A long time before I gave a f@@k about world polotics.

I hope that I am not a member of any Church also, as I like many in the UK drive, so I am impacting on the planet in my own way, hypocritical yes, being a member of any church, no, even hell no.

I grew up with the ideology that the USA was THE world leader and forward thinking nation, surely this is not A forward thinking idea, is it?

Would you work in a mine? Would you want your children to be miners ? (only planet earth in this topic
)

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 04:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Hmm the word blame, did I use that?

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 04:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: UpIsNowDown

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Hmm the word blame, did I use that?

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 04:36 PM
link   
I'm all for wind power. But I do not like the current wind turbines used to harness that energy. I've seen them myself. They turn round and round and make people dizzy. Absolutely NO to wind turbines.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join