It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

In the future all paranormal happenings will be able to be explained by science

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2003 @ 11:45 PM
link   
This is because I believe there is a logical explanation for everything that happens in the universe. Sure there are wierd things that happen, but that's doesn't mean they are supernatural, all this means is that we don't understand them yet.

Supernatural is nothing more than a term invented by humans to explain the unknown (note, I'm not trying to say we invented God because I do believe some sort of God probably does exist).

When I say supernatural, I am talking about ghosts, poltergeist, and anything else that we would normally deam not natural.

posted on Jun, 25 2003 @ 11:54 PM
link   
I do understand what your saying, but are you implying an sort of question towards us?
Does God not also fall in the Paranormal Category?
Deep

posted on Jun, 26 2003 @ 12:16 AM
link   
Are you saying that science will DISPROVE the paranormal or that eventually science will explain things like telepathy, telekinesis, OBE's, ghosts, poltergeists, astral travel, clairvoyance, etc.etc. the same way we understand how the eye works, for example, or what the earth is made of, etc...??

posted on Jun, 26 2003 @ 12:26 AM
link   
IMHO, science 'thinks' it can already explain most if not all. There will be many question's, mysteries that science, no matter how hard it tries, will not, in truth, be able to fully explain.

Science does awesome things but it does not yet have the answers to 'All' and as far as my opinion goes, never will. For when one mystery or question is answered, another will take its place.....its a never ending cycle of 'seeking'. (forgive the pun)

regards
seekerof

posted on Jun, 26 2003 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by quango
Are you saying that science will DISPROVE the paranormal or that eventually science will explain things like telepathy, telekinesis, OBE's, ghosts, poltergeists, astral travel, clairvoyance, etc.etc. the same way we understand how the eye works, for example, or what the earth is made of, etc...??

To answer your question, yes I do think science will be able to explain all of that. You have to realize how little we understand our own Brains. Once we unlock all of the mysteries in our brains, I can guarantee you that all of the things you listed will be explained with absolute certainty.

posted on Jun, 26 2003 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Or maybe science will confirm that ghosts,ufo's etc,are real.Wouldn't that be something.Hey,all you nutcases were right,they do exist.

posted on Jun, 26 2003 @ 03:32 PM
link   
I don't think Scientists will be able to explain any of these things until they acknowledge that they actually happen.

posted on Jun, 26 2003 @ 06:47 PM
link   
OK Vander,
I understand what you're saying -- that all paranormal events have a grounding in physical science -- but that we just haven't discovered what those connections are, yet. I can agree with that. The problem, though, is that, because they don't make sense under the science we have NOW, few scientist take the time to look into things that are paranormal.... They have the mentality that our current understanding of science is complete and perfect... a mentality that will prevent the knowledge you speak of from ever being discovered.

Jim

posted on Jun, 26 2003 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by onlyinmydreams
OK Vander,
I understand what you're saying -- that all paranormal events have a grounding in physical science -- but that we just haven't discovered what those connections are, yet. I can agree with that. The problem, though, is that, because they don't make sense under the science we have NOW, few scientist take the time to look into things that are paranormal.... They have the mentality that our current understanding of science is complete and perfect... a mentality that will prevent the knowledge you speak of from ever being discovered.

Jim

Amen!

regards
seekerof

posted on Jun, 27 2003 @ 02:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by onlyinmydreams
OK Vander,

Jim

I agree, most scientist refuse to think outside the box and those that do are ridiculed which is sad.

Our understanding of the universe is currently very limited and we still have a long long long way to go before we understand even half of what there is to understand.

posted on Jun, 27 2003 @ 03:53 AM
link   
You can actually apply this concept across the board, so to speak, its not just scientist, its happening in all the fields of science(s).

regards
seekerof

top topics

join