It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Healthcare Vote Withdrawn

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 07:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Argus100

Well, technically, it passed the house in his first year. Christmas eve of 2009.

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 08:10 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

So the Republican majority passed 60-odd bills over the past 6 years to dismantle Obamacare and now, when it really counts (and they have a Republican President, the Senate AND Congress), they choke? Mmmmm hmmm.

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 08:15 AM
link   
a reply to: soficrow

Who knew governing was so hard compared to just saying "NO!" all the time???

Amazing!

You know, if they had actually come up with a legit plan that was better for everyone, the people, the hospitals and health care system as well, I would have not only been impressed, but would have considered it to be a good thing.

I'm not about which side "wins," I'm about making sure I can take care of my medically fragile child, my teenager with severe autism, and not go bankrupt on a tax-paying middle-class income.

Is that too much to ask?

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 09:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

It's worse than that. Cowards without a brain is what Republicans are proving themselves to be!

It's funny to me how some of that tends to spill over to places like, oh I dunno, online forums.

The defeat of the Bill was the only right choice to make, and a congressman losing their seat over it was obviously worth that risk, to buck their own party. It was commendable that even Trump supporters could step through the quagmire.

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 09:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: soficrow

So the Republican majority passed 60-odd bills over the past 6 years to dismantle Obamacare and now, when it really counts (and they have a Republican President, the Senate AND Congress), they choke? Mmmmm hmmm.

It's actually a huge blow to the Administration as well. For a majority House to not support their newly seated Republican President's first major agenda is almost unthinkable as supporting it tends to legitimize the Presidency and has been a long standing unwritten rule in D.C.

Every battle from here on will be a major battle for Trump except the conservative agenda that has been in place forever....taxes, yada yada
edit on 26-3-2017 by alphabetaone because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 11:20 AM
link   
a reply to: alphabetaone

Nah, this is what the government is supposed to look like. The house/senate shouldn't fully support the president or his proposals just because he's part of their party. The people put their representatives in the house and should be represented at that level. The states put their people in the senate and should be represented at that level. Lock step voting has ruined this country.

I didn't know a single republican in my area that supported ryancare. Why should my representative vote for it?
edit on 26-3-2017 by Dfairlite because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 11:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Dfairlite

Nah, this is what the government is supposed to look like. The house/senate shouldn't fully support the president or his proposals just because he's part of their party. The people put their representatives in the house and should be represented at that level. The states put their people in the senate and should be represented at that level. Lock step voting has ruined this country.

I didn't know a single republican in my area that supported ryancare. Why should my representative vote for it?

I agree, it should be that way. Historically however, it has not...like I said, there's has always been this unwritten rule around D.C. that a President's first major push gets party support. I wasn't claiming it should be that way, simply that it has been historically. And when it was not, the legitimacy of the President tends to be questioned at the congressional level.

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 12:09 PM
link   

And when it was not, the legitimacy of the President tends to be questioned at the congressional level.

Lol, so if congress doesn't pass the first thing the president pushes, congress then begins to question the legitimacy of the president? Seems pretty self fulfilling...

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 12:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dfairlite

And when it was not, the legitimacy of the President tends to be questioned at the congressional level.

Lol, so if congress doesn't pass the first thing the president pushes, congress then begins to question the legitimacy of the president? Seems pretty self fulfilling...

Though, I was very specific both times in stating the President's first major initiative...you seem to be trivializing it by calling it "the first thing the president pushes"....which is not what I said. But yes, failing in that, Congress does tend to question the legitimacy of the President - and by that meaning is he legitimately able to even govern, as he can't seem to garner support from within his party.

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 04:48 PM
link   

A Few Things to get Straight Before Any Blame is Directed at the President for the Failure of the ACHA .

First off , the President doesn't introduce Legislation , Nor does the President Vote on Legislation .
Organizing a Vote Within the Party is Paul Ryan's Job as the House Whip .
President Trump can Only Sign a Bill After Receiving it from Congress .
Taking those Factors into Consideration , the Republican Party Itself is Directly Responsable for the Failure to Put Forth , and Pass any New Healthcare Legislation . The President will now have to Straighten their Asses Out before he Eventually gets Obamacare Repealed and Replaced with a Better Plan .
edit on 26-3-2017 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 04:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Zanti Misfit

He's not a great negotiator? He's not the "The Closer?"

The President will now have to Straighten their Asses Out before he Eventually gets Obamacare Repealed and Replaced with a Better Plan .
Didn't he say he's moving on?

edit on 3/26/2017 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 05:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

You Can Lead a Horse to Water , but you Cannot Make him Drink .

The President is Not One to Shirk a Loss without Trying Numerous More Times to Turn it into a Victory .
edit on 26-3-2017 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 05:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit
a reply to: Phage

You Can Lead a Horse to Water , but you Cannot Make him Drink .

The President is Not One to Shirk a Loss without Trying Numerous More Times to Turn it into a Victory .

In this case though, you would be wrong. Both he and Ryan said that there would be no revisit to the healthcare issue in the foreseeable future....perhaps if he tweeted it you would take him more seriously though.

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 06:16 PM
link   
The Establishment once again proving their contempt for the American people. They know Americans want Obamacare repealed, so what do they do? Offer a plan that helps their cronies and does nothing for The People. And they thought we were so desperate to get rid of Obamacare we would take anything they shoved down our throats. They were wrong. If Trump doesn't want his Presidency to be ruined, he will call out the D.C. Establishment for their BS. He went against the Establishment when he pulled out of TPP, he needed to go against them again here, but he didn't. Trump has done some good things so far, but also the bad things are starting to mount. He needs to be very careful from here on out.

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 11:56 PM
link   
a reply to: TruMcCarthy

The Establishment once again proving their contempt for the American people. They know Americans want Obamacare repealed,

Really?? which Americans are those?? surely you don't mean the majority that want it fixed rather than repeal it or those who would opt for a public option or universal healthcare.
edit on 27-3-2017 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 02:28 AM
link   

One thing you have to admit, is that the Democratic party is ORGANIZED well. I had no idea that they were working so hard behind the scenes to sew dissent amongst Republicans, while keeping their House Members focused on standing together against the Republican AHCA plan, as the time to vote arrived.

Good little article here: nation.foxnews.com...

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 03:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

One thing you have to admit, is that the Democratic party is ORGANIZED well. I had no idea that they were working so hard behind the scenes to sew dissent amongst Republicans, while keeping their House Members focused on standing together against the Republican AHCA plan, as the time to vote arrived.

Good little article here: nation.foxnews.com...

'IT'S ALL THE DEMS FAULT!!!!1'

The Republicans saw it for what it was- a #, rushed idea aimed at scoring a political win for the child-in-chief. Thankfully logic prevailed. Maybe now he can try to do his job properly and stop focusing on attending rallies in the deep south to make himself feel loved.

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Both he and Ryan said that there would be no revisit to the healthcare issue in the foreseeable future.

In the " foreseeable future " , Ryan could be History as Speaker of the House while President Trump will Reinvent ACHA before this Year is Over . Obamacare Will Fall by the wayside by it's Own Shortcomings by then to . If the Presidents " Brain Trust " can figure out which parts of Obamacare are Responsible for Driving up the Cost of Health Insurance, then they could Repeal those elements while Formulating a New Heath Care Bill that both the House and Senate would Approve of .

The People Know Who to Blame for this Fiasco , and it is Not the President .

www.newsmax.com...
edit on 27-3-2017 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 05:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit

The People Know Who to Blame for this Fiasco , and it is Not the President .

It is absolutely the President. He is the one who made the promise, he is the one to blame for it's failure, he is the one who should have overseen the process from the start and ensured it was done right. He didn't because he couldn't, and he couldn't simply because he doesn't have the aptitude.
edit on 27-3-2017 by alphabetaone because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 05:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Spider879
a reply to: TruMcCarthy

The Establishment once again proving their contempt for the American people. They know Americans want Obamacare repealed,

Really?? which Americans are those?? surely you don't mean the majority that want it fixed rather than repeal it or those who would opt for a public option or universal healthcare.

The Americans that have given Republicans all the power. The vast majority of State Legislatures, of Governorships, the House, the Senate, the Presidency, all have been given to Republicans since Obamacare was implemented. If Obamacare was popular, Democrats would be running the country, but instead they have been ousted in historic fashion.

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15 >>

join