It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I HATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!Parvo Virus!!!!!!!!!!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 04:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Raxoxane

There are vaccinations. If I remember correctly, it takes 2-3 shots over a short period when they're pups. Here in the US, it's part of their 3 course vaccinations when they're puppies. It greatly reduces the chance to get sick from it.

For me, my dog was a puppy when he caught it from my cousin's dog. My cousin's dog was a full grown pug and it died. My puppy was an old english bulldog (Hermes breed) which fortunately he was a little monster in size as a puppy. He was bigger and thicker than the pug.

The vet had told us not expect much since he hadn't gotten all of his shots yet and because he was a puppy but the IVs did work wonders. It kept him hydrated. That is key. Get you some saline IVs!! It's nothing to do. Just inject in to the top neck lobe of the skin every few hours. That's all there is to it.

edit on 22-3-2017 by StallionDuck because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 04:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Chromium51

Hi thank you Chromium,please can you give me the name of that vaccine,we can order it through the mail maybe.Because otherwise my husband wants us to wait a full 5 years to get Rotties again,because we cannot go through that,even more pertinent,have another of our canine children go through that again. Please if you can find us the name and dispensing company,we will eat bread+egg for a month to afford us some vials of those. My youngest daughter and i have experience in injecting cats+dogs so we can administer it ourselves,if we have the vials of serum.

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Detailed Parvo Info

More specifics on the vac and what it fights as well as the name of it

wiki

edit on 22-3-2017 by StallionDuck because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 04:32 PM
link   
a reply to: StallionDuck

Hi StallionDuck and thanks so much for replying. Yes i am worried about the hydration more than even the disease itself.Because no matter what humans or animals get,it is dehydration that so often seem to prove fatal first.This,and your other reply has urged me to get and keep bags of IV hydration,plus hypodermics etc. I mean we usually have some hypodermics in case of emergency,like with a snakebite kit, but not the plastic conveyor cord. After tonight that is my goal,to not be without these-my Ctulhu it overtakes them so quickly!

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 04:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Raxoxane

Hi StallionDuck and thanks so much for replying. Yes i am worried about the hydration more than even the disease itself.Because no matter what humans or animals get,it is dehydration that so often seem to prove fatal first.This,and your other reply has urged me to get and keep bags of IV hydration,plus hypodermics etc. I mean we usually have some hypodermics in case of emergency,like with a snakebite kit, but not the plastic conveyor cord. After tonight that is my goal,to not be without these-my Ctulhu it overtakes them so quickly!

The only problem is, trying to make a dog drink through this is almost impossible and even when he/she does, it will almost instantly come out the back end. IVs seem to be the only way

I wanna lift your spirits though. The chances of dogs pulling through this is very slim but you have Danes... So your chances are higher than normal since they're so big. Hoping that alone is enough to lift your spirits on this and give you a bit of hope.

Best wishes!

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Thanks so much,and i shall go out of my way,and make sacrifices if necessary to get hold of some vials of this vaccine. This has almost the feel of being Personal by now,like us against this evil thief of our loved ones.I can not Imagine why it is not available in my country!

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Oh yeah... Don't forget to bleach your area when this is all over. That virus can last for extreme amounts of time. I don't remember if it was months or years but it was way more than I ever expected. Bleach kills it on contact. Half and half will do.

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Our vet said- the more purebred the dog is,the worse this disease hits them. So our Rottie gals never had much of a chance

Thank everything good that our youngest gal's Fox Terrier is X JR,so she came through.

Here's the weird part..at the horrible cursed time when both our Rotties and our daughter's Fox Terrier X JR got Parvo- Lily was the only dog in our household who was fine,she totally dodged it. And now that she is pregnant,she gets it,and i'm sure our Husky also. She seemed to have immunities before,but not now?

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Thanks so much,and i shall go out of my way,and make sacrifices if necessary to get hold of some vials of this vaccine. This has almost the feel of being Personal by now,like us against this evil thief of our loved ones.I can not Imagine why it is not available in my country!

Perhaps animals arn't regulated the way they are here in the US. In the US, even though they're not "mandatory" per say, you could never get a dog on a plane without it's health papers to show that it's been vaccinated and it is healthy as of the last 10 days. Besides... It's beaten into our heads that you're playing roulette with the length of life on pets when they're not. When you sell or buy animals of certain breeds, shots are pretty much mandatory.

I imagine that it may be more laxed in some countries more than others. Here, we just regulate every damned thing, sometimes for the better and sometimes for no bloody reason at all

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Thanks for the reminder - i will get something like that from the local farmers' Co-Op. My husband is so vexed he said he will even use a product from MonSatan if they have something suitable,so you can imagine.. this is so #ing horrible,it brings back that hideous time last year when this disease ravaged our household.

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Our vet said- the more purebred the dog is,the worse this disease hits them. So our Rottie gals never had much of a chance

Thank everything good that our youngest gal's Fox Terrier is X JR,so she came through.

Here's the weird part..at the horrible cursed time when both our Rotties and our daughter's Fox Terrier X JR got Parvo- Lily was the only dog in our household who was fine,she totally dodged it. And now that she is pregnant,she gets it,and i'm sure our Husky also. She seemed to have immunities before,but not now?

Purebred doesn't always mean healthy. Most purebreds have a lower immune system because of the inter species breeding. This means that a mutt would more often be healthier and live longer than a pure bred.

It's possible that your lily knew the others were sick at the time (could sense or smell it) and stayed away from the droppings. It's usually caught from the stool of the animal and dogs love to smell each... yeah you get it... It's also possible it's just a chance. Though, most dogs that live through parvo develop permanent immunity. Sadly the survival rate is very very low. The site I linked said 10% survival rate but our vet said it was a bit higher than that but it was based on the size of the dog and as you mentioned, how healthy it is.

I can only imagine your misery here.

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 04:51 PM
link   
If you don't have access to IV solution, but you do have a way to inject it, read this.... If you can only find a syringe capable of injecting:

How to make IV grade Saline Solution

All you do is pinch the top of the neck area (they will not feel much pain in this spot) and pull up. Where the skin pulls away from the muscle (it will be very loose here), you inject in there. It will cause a big pocket of fluid but this will not hurt the dog and it will go away after a couple of hours. I "believe" (this happen so long ago) it was every 4 hours? I wish I could recall.

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 05:07 PM
link   

I believe it lives in the ground as well, for a very long long time. I'm not sure if that's an old tale or not, though.
Something to think about when your dogs recover if they've not or they're not going to receive a vaccination.

I hope they do recover and as another poster mentioned, clean thoroughly with bleach, every surface, bedding, etc. bowls...all of it.

Does your vet offer emergency after hours services? They may need IV hydration.

Good luck and let us know, please!

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 05:49 PM
link   
a reply to: TNMockingbird

Thanks so much TN,no we have no after-hours service. Not even the most compassionate vet of the 2 vets in the town,will come out.The day Gerry Morris,the previous town vet, left here,was the day of death for many of the town animals,then and now and apparently into the foreseeable future. We won't see the likes of that guv again

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 05:52 PM
link   
a reply to: TNMockingbird

Btw in my country too,it is known from the olden days even,the virus is in the ground. Our vet,a modern young lady says it's true.

For how long it stays in the ground,i have heard different time frames from both vets and regular folks,but it takes Years,that is what everybody can agree on.

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 05:54 PM
link   
If one has it, so does the other.

Good luck...i hate to hear this. If your friends don't make it, it is critical that you treat the soil and home area to make sure you kill the virus. It would be terrible to have more dogs made sick.

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 05:56 PM
link   

pethelpful.com...

According to Marvistavet, quoted: ''Indoors, virus loses its infectivity within one month" while outdoors,''Freezing is completely protective to the virus. If the outdoors is contaminated and is frozen, one must wait for it to thaw out before safely introducing a new puppy. Shaded areas should be considered contaminated for seven months whereas areas with good sunlight exposure should be considered contaminated for five months.'' Of course, it never hurts to err on the side of caution and wait longer before adding a new puppy.

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Vaccination can't be the only solution. There was a time when there were no vaccines and by this logic there would be no dogs.
What about some antiviral herbs? I'd try to search the net and then the pantry for some Ginger and Garlic.
At first I'd try to enrich the water a bit with Ginger to see if they touch it. If not, I'd try to juice it and force them to swallow it.
If you find some safe herb, try to make the strongest concentrate and squirt it with a syringe to the side of the mouth.
Distilled or osmotic water is absorbed more easily. I'd try to keep them near fireplace / in a hot room. The virus lowers their body temperature for a better reproduction. They could drink more water in a warm environment. However this part is just my idea and could be risky if they refuse to drink.

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 06:04 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Thank you

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 06:06 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

That's very informative,thank you. We have a small jungle garden that is permanently shaded and a small "fairy grove" area under a thorn tree,also several large trees.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join