It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I hate you sometimes ATS

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Yes... because when i spend time typing up a response to a post in a thread, only to come back an hour or so later to find that the thread has disappeared from the boards!

Do you know it takes a while sometimes typing up posts??

I havn't got time to waste typing posts only to see the thread disappear... please do me a favour and delete the threads before I and others i'm sure type out a response to a post or the OP in the thread!

Anyways, in this particular case I'm chatting about the thread earlier about the state of Africa or certain areas of Africa.

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 10:22 AM
link   
a reply to: TruthxIsxInxThexMist

I second that for exactly the same thread!

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 10:27 AM
link   

I was in the middle of reading that thread when it disappeared

ETA: there was a second thread that disappeared around the same time also.
edit on 21-3-2017 by FauxMulder because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Same here, i had posted in the thread and flagged to follow responses next minute gone

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 10:34 AM
link   
I was about to get too that thread and didn't get to read it.

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Was this the thousand march on Washington thread demand investigation into pedo rings?

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 10:39 AM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

Was for me. I really wish they'd explain themselves.

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 10:47 AM
link   
Yep, some kind of marker would be nice, Ive had responses in threads in my notifications that are 404, and the most irritating is the ones still up on the Live feed that link to threads that got pulled.

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 10:48 AM
link   
a reply to: NthOther

I made a thread about audio ads on ATS boards, my thread was never seen or heard of again.

That's why I still use my adblocker on ATS. As long as they don't remove those #ing audio commercials, I won't stop.

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 10:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: NthOther
a reply to: seasonal

Was for me. I really wish they'd explain themselves.

Yeah, even the thread you and I disagreed on is gone. I think I know why, but still kind of disappointed to see our disagreement get chucked with it.

-Alee

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 11:01 AM
link   
My advice,
save your copy, even onto a spare computer if you have one..print screen is your friend. you can scrap it all later or whatever. And yes, it is a waste of precious time, especially with the time differences, some of us do not have the priviledge of editing for instance, in my case much less than an hour, never mind four. There is other stuff too, it seems there is server shunting of posts somewhere, I don't know whats going on there, but I do know I have made a post, say the first reply to a new thread, refresh that page several time in five or ten minutes, and there are still just the two posts, come back in half an hour and there is a plethera of posts above me, even though I had allowed the ten minutes to see any more posts coming in that might have been made before me.

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 11:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: smurfy
My advice,
save your copy, even onto a spare computer if you have one..print screen is your friend. you can scrap it all later or whatever. And yes, it is a waste of precious time, especially with the time differences, some of us do not have the priviledge of editing for instance, in my case much less than an hour, never mind four. There is other stuff too, it seems there is server shunting of posts somewhere, I don't know whats going on there, but I do know I have made a post, say the first reply to a new thread, refresh that page several time in five or ten minutes, and there are still just the two posts, come back in half an hour and there is a plethera of posts above me, even though I had allowed the ten minutes to see any more posts coming in that might have been made before me.

I suppose that would work alright, I could make an ATS folder and just save some puush captures to it of the threads i'm interested in/ participating in.

Thanks for the suggestion.

-Alee

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Ummm...Cmon boys and girls...and...

Can't stomach a little censor the truth from the masses...?

Conformism is the name of the game...once you relinquish any semblance of individuality and become a member of the collective...all's well with the world...in any version that we...(meaning they)...might spoon feed ya...

YouSir
edit on 21-3-2017 by YouSir because: I just loves this #e...

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 11:13 AM
link   
a reply to: YouSir

How cynical of you

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 11:16 AM
link   
I missed that thread. I just really don't come here as often anymore.

Might have been interesting, Africa is in quite a bad state over all, esp South Africa, and Libya.

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 11:47 AM
link   
OP,

your concerns have been noted, but threads get trashed because of T&C violations, which take precedence over our individual feelings or the amount of time we invest into posts in them. Most good contributors like you lose a few posts this way.

Also, RANT is not for complaining about ATS, its members or staff moderator actions. This thread is closed for breaching the site rules in that regard and will be trashed shortly.
edit on 21/3/17 by JustMike because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join