It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What do these Symbols mean on my Great Grandfather's Master Mason Sword? (Pictures Included)

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 08:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: BigBrotherDarkness
The European and US Masons are very far apart in how they handle things; the Rose and Royal Order of the Cross accepts all of it and has sought to link all of it together into one harmonious order not something separate but all pointing to the exact same thing; of course one gets to choose their personal bent... but in the spirit of brotherhood none of them are really encouraged to be seen as separate, or higher or lower than any of the others.

I never said anything about who can be admitted, we have Buddhists in my lodge, I said Masonry has nothing to do with having its origins in Eastern philosophy.

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 08:33 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

That's exactly why I starred your post; all of them were taken together at the root of it... not any one in specific. To build great things requires setting all of that which could be taken and often is as derision and against each other; but setting that aside is what allows for the highest order. So making arguments are not really setting anything aside even those not a mason are to be seen as your brother, even to be cared for more so as an exemplary representation to others in how to live well and be a good citizen in one's community that's why it was really formed to begin with, when all else failed or in troubled times there was a hand as a shining example and even not in those times the hidden one behind the scenes helping progress humanity forward... not using it as an egoist thing of status that is simply base and vulgar.

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 08:55 PM
link   

The Eastern parent of Freemasonry is Sufism, influenced directly by Buddhism, passing to the fraternal order through Moorish influence.

Same same, only different.

"rather strange that the Dervishes of the Bektashi Order consider themselves quite the same as the Freemasons, and are disposed to fraternize with them.” Brown commented how in Turkey Freemasonry had come to be generally regarded as “atheism of the most condemnable character"
edit on 21-3-2017 by DayAfterTomorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 08:55 PM
link   
a reply to: vampira309

I hope you two had a nice visit; I originally thought of one of the cubes in 3D; but the external facade is such a beautiful work of craftsmanship.

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 09:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: DayAfterTomorrow
The Eastern parent of Freemasonry is Sufism, influenced directly by Buddhism, passing to the fraternal order through Moorish influence.

Same same, only different.

Says the non-Mason who has participated in zero ritual. Your opinion is not relevant.

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Enlightenment is not a light under a basket to be guarded as a positional good.

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 09:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: DayAfterTomorrow
Enlightenment is not a light under a basket to be guarded as a positional good.

No one said it was.

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 09:16 PM
link   
a reply to: DayAfterTomorrow

Not to create derision; but not the same in that the self was given up as a vessel to a concept of god; whereas in Buddhism gods etc existing or not do not matter... once the ego-self falls the expression then is a direct refection of the all of everything known and unknown... no permanent ego-self personification to be found as the only cause; as the entirety enmass is the cause... only in ignorance does such a thing exist. Ceasing being the cause for ignorance to arise and pointing in it's cease; was/is the entire path instead of giving the cause for all as; a singular ego identity... and then giving up ones own ego identity for that to embody ones being as their own.

Easy to become possessed doing such a thing; when it all is fundamentally empty and just flows on through; gods etc. are more seen as those that have stumbled on the path short of fruition in egoist grasping at siddhis/super/supra mundane powers. Giving up such a thing when they manifest requires avoidance as it is a great temptation; to use and abuse such things to ones own benefit, forsaking all others.

But yes indeed all of them are branches off of the same tree; as we crawled out of animism into animist and on into humanity as a separate from nature sort of delusion.

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 09:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: BigBrotherDarkness
So both yourself and Augustus are in a sense correct...

There is nothing correct in stating Masonry has at its base Eastern philosophy.

I state that the roots of this Gnosis are ancient, going back to the origin of Manu himself. Enlightenment is not a positional good, but a shared heritage. No matter the school, the subject is the same.

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 09:34 PM
link   
a reply to: DayAfterTomorrow

If you say so. Let me know when you participate in some ritual so you can speak from a position of experience on what they entail.

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 10:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: eisegesis
a reply to: Stevemagegod

Was his wife's name Florence?

ETA: Well, if it wasn't, the rest of this post won't mean much.

www.ancestry.com...

His wife's brother was a Freemason and Odd Fellow...

Traxler Ollie L. Traxler, 91. of Arthur died 10: 50 a.m. Sunday (Jan. 3, 1982) in Arthur Home, Arthur. Funeral services will be 1:30 p.m. Wednesday in Shrader Funeral Home, Arthur, with visitation 7 to 8: 30 p.m. Tuesday, with 8:30 p.m. Masonic services. Burial will be in Hammond Cemetery, Hammond. Memorials: Arthur Home. Mr. Traxler was born in Hammond, son of George and Sadie Traxler. He was a retired employee of Progress Industry Casket Division, a member of Arthur Vine Street Christian Church. Arthur Lodge 825 AF&AM and IOOF 742 Lodge. He married Svlvia Gentry in 1909. She died in 1969. Surviving are his sons, Darren "Deke" of Arthur; Darrell of La Porte, Texas; Dale of Atwood; Stewart of Sacramento. Calif.: daughters, Mrs. Corwin (Virginia) Hill and Evelyn Pellicari. both of Arthur; sisters. Feme Correll of Reno, Nev.; Florence Ebberts of Buffalo, N.Y.; Mrs. Harold Adams of Hammond; 16 grandchildren: 18 great-grandchildren; seven great-great-grandchildren. One son, one brother and one sister preceded him in death.

Link

Found an old address: Link

He may have lived in this area at one time.

I'm still trying to find the lodge.

Yup that would be my Great Grandmother.

posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 08:30 AM
link   
hey steve look at the similarities with that sword in the new nicki minaj video

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join