It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Southern White House - and the Skinny on Public Tours

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 12:32 PM
link   
a reply to: daskakik

I'm aware of that parody site. But if you type "Weekend at Camp David program" into Google, you'll get the link. The link "https:// whitehouse.gov1.info/camp-david/index.html" (modified for exactness), takes you directly to "Welcome to Camp David" site a White House info site. Not the parody site.

edit on 20-3-2017 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 12:36 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

At the bottom of that page it says "This website is not associated with Camp David or the White House."

A link labeled "About this website" takes you to a page that says "This website is not officially associated with Camp David or with the White House in any way. The author has no connection to Camp David; has never been there and doesn't know anyone who works there. Everything you find on the Camp David web page has come from open sources on the internet."

ETA: Also I get all three hits in a single google clump:

edit on 20-3-2017 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 12:39 PM
link   
a reply to: FauxMulder

... I consider "the southern white house" just to be a stupid moniker they made ...if they did for real try and move operations down there, that would be unacceptable.

It's Trump who's calling it the Southern White House - and he makes no secret of the fact he does the nation's business there.

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 01:04 PM
link   
never mind.
edit on 20-3-2017 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 01:59 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

Unlike Soficrow, I don't recognize Trump's authority to declare his property "The Southern White House".

I'm just observing objectively. Trump obviously claims whatever authority he wants, and keeps it until someone who knows the law and how to use it takes action to stop him.

Is there even a law saying he can't publicly call his expensive members-only resort the Southern White House?

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 06:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: soficrow
a reply to: FauxMulder

... I consider "the southern white house" just to be a stupid moniker they made ...if they did for real try and move operations down there, that would be unacceptable.

It's Trump who's calling it the Southern White House - and he makes no secret of the fact he does the nation's business there.

Some of it. The rest of the time he's playing golf. More golf than Obama did. Golf which he criticised Obama for doing, and said he'd be too busy to play.

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 08:14 AM
link   
a reply to: fencesitter85

Too bad he didn't think Congress was important enough to host there. He mighta passed Trumpcare.

lol

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 08:40 AM
link   
Hmmm update.

State Department website posts article on Trump's Florida resort

...Norman Eisen, ethics chief under Trump's predecessor, Democratic President Barack Obama, said on Twitter that the article violated a federal statute barring the use of public office for private gain.

Richard Painter, a former ethics lawyer for Republican President George W. Bush, said on Twitter that the post constituted "use of public office for private gain pure and simple."

...Trump maintains ownership of his global business empire, though he has handed off control to his two oldest sons, an arrangement that ethics watchdogs said would not prevent conflicts of interest.

After outcry by ethics watchdogs, the US State department pulled a story advertising Trump’s Mar-a-Lago resort

State Department Removes Webpage Featuring Trump's For-Profit Club, Mar-A-Lago

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join