It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama already admitted we have not been beyond lower earth orbit

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 11:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Saint Exupery

originally posted by: gmoneystunt
a reply to: Bedlam

how about just close enough to prove we were there.

The entire historical record is proof we were there. One new, clearer picture is only one tiny new piece of evidence. Educate yourself about the historical record, and you will understand the pictures.

If I think the moon landings were faked, why would another photo shopped image convince me otherwise?

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 11:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bedlam

a reply to: Zaphod58

how do you practice landing in orbit?

You zip around and faux dock a lot. It was actually a nice little craft, as far as pilot accounts went.

Is this a rumor? Does anyone have proof of anything around here? how about fake moon rocks that turn out to be petrified wood

Lets be honest: video could be posted of any number of landings. Pictures of artifacts on the surface of the moon.

And you still wouldn't change your mind.

Thread after thread on ATS the same points are made, the same rebuttals are given, everybody goes away and then comes back to rehash the same stuff all over again.

ETA - and ironically enough the comment right above this one proves my point. You keep asking for proof, even though you just admitted that you'll discount any proof given.
edit on 17-3-2017 by Shamrock6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 11:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Junkheap

YES!!! I've posted this picture before, and you are the first person to find it.

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 11:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: NobodiesNormal

Have we not already been beyond lower earth orbit?
Watch 21:25 - 21:35

Obama never gives credit to NASA for having been to the moon
Watch 0:00 - 0:44

NASA engineer admits they can't get past the Van Allen Belts
Watch 3:00 - 3:45

Obama jokes about Trump focusing on issues that matter like did we fake the moon landing
Watch 4:22 - 5:00

Seems strange that we still need to advance to get beyond lower earth orbit. Maybe someday we will have the technology to really make it to the moon. For now we can just dream

fixed your embedding for you there. you didn't input the code properly, and clearly you just posted and left without proof reading your own post or else you would have noticed that mistake yourself,
someone who doesn't proof read their own post comes across as having no actual interest in their own thread, so why should i? my point is you loose the interest of readers when you make such simple mistakes and don't try to fix them or even acknowledge them.

as to the subject, it would have been wise of us to fake the moon landings, honestly, the effort was a huge gamble with lives in the balance, and intense geopolitical relations during nuclear wartime also in the balance, removing the chance from that situation by faking it, turning the outcome into a sure thing would have actually been the clever way to go, so it wouldn't surprise me at all to learn we faked the moon landings.

what would surprise me is any claim that we still at this age are incapable of getting people to the moon, maybe we couldnt back in the 60's but our tech has come a long way im certain its doable now, with the right funds anyhow,

there is no longer things we cant do in this world, our tech is so far advanced now we can do anything, our roadblocks now are funds, money, that is what we struggle with now.

an example, we have invented the technology to correct global pollution a hundred times over again and again, yet we never implement any of it on any grand scale because it isnt profitable, we can do it, but in a capitalistic society that isnt enough. in this society we can only do what we can profit at, if theres no profit then it isnt done.

which is why so many of our articles about "revisiting" the moon all come with some profit angle, either their sending tourists who are paying for the ride themselves, or their sending miners to mine the moon, one way or the other we gotta profit off of it.

Did you proof read yours?

Yes. A rhetorical question.

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 11:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: TerminalVelocity
a reply to: gmoneystunt

Sounds like you do not understand the physics behind the law of optics, and it also looks like you do not have a firm grasp on orbital mechanics.

As for understanding how resolution of telescopes work, I recommend you start with this thread here to understand that.

Tell that to the millions that think the moon landings are a hoax

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 11:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: RoadCourse

Obama jokes about Trump focusing on issues that matter like did we fake the moon landing

Seems strange that we still need to advance to get beyond lower earth orbit. Maybe someday we will have the technology to really make it to the moon. For now we can just dream

fixed your embedding for you there. you didn't input the code properly, and clearly you just posted and left without proof reading your own post or else you would have noticed that mistake yourself,
someone who doesn't proof read their own post comes across as having no actual interest in their own thread, so why should i? my point is you loose the interest of readers when you make such simple mistakes and don't try to fix them or even acknowledge them.

as to the subject, it would have been wise of us to fake the moon landings, honestly, the effort was a huge gamble with lives in the balance, and intense geopolitical relations during nuclear wartime also in the balance, removing the chance from that situation by faking it, turning the outcome into a sure thing would have actually been the clever way to go, so it wouldn't surprise me at all to learn we faked the moon landings.

what would surprise me is any claim that we still at this age are incapable of getting people to the moon, maybe we couldnt back in the 60's but our tech has come a long way im certain its doable now, with the right funds anyhow,

there is no longer things we cant do in this world, our tech is so far advanced now we can do anything, our roadblocks now are funds, money, that is what we struggle with now.

an example, we have invented the technology to correct global pollution a hundred times over again and again, yet we never implement any of it on any grand scale because it isnt profitable, we can do it, but in a capitalistic society that isnt enough. in this society we can only do what we can profit at, if theres no profit then it isnt done.

which is why so many of our articles about "revisiting" the moon all come with some profit angle, either their sending tourists who are paying for the ride themselves, or their sending miners to mine the moon, one way or the other we gotta profit off of it.

Completely off topic

edit on 17-3-2017 by gmoneystunt because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Sounds like you do not understand the physics behind the law of optics, and it also looks like you do not have a firm grasp on orbital mechanics.

As for understanding how resolution of telescopes work, I recommend you start with this thread here to understand that.

Please show us proof that there are "millions" of people that do not believe that we landed on the Moon.

You are again, making a statement of something as if it were a fact, yet provide absolutely no evidence, proof, or even bother to link to a source for this statement.

Just like you've done for the evidence that we did not land there.

At least those that you label "moon believers" are willing and able to provide evidence and sources. Seems that you, on the other hand, are doing nothing but disregarding everything shown to you.
edit on 17-3-2017 by TerminalVelocity because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-3-2017 by TerminalVelocity because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 11:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

You zip around and faux dock a lot. It was actually a nice little craft, as far as pilot accounts went.

Is this a rumor? Does anyone have proof of anything around here? how about fake moon rocks that turn out to be petrified wood

Lets be honest: video could be posted of any number of landings. Pictures of artifacts on the surface of the moon.

Thread after thread on ATS the same points are made, the same rebuttals are given, everybody goes away and then comes back to rehash the same stuff all over again.

ETA - and ironically enough the comment right above this one proves my point. You keep asking for proof, even though you just admitted that you'll discount any proof given.

So that is your excuse? Well we could prove it but...... We wont cause... you wont believe or is it that you cant prove it. Just show the proof. Its been almost 50 years. seriously.

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 11:18 AM
link   

If I think the moon landings were faked, why would another photo shopped image convince me otherwise?

You make it sound as though whether the Apollo landings happened or not is a matter of opinion (and that one opinion is as good as another).

It is not a matter of opinion, it is a matter of fact: They either happened or they didn't.

I base my knowledge that they did happen on extensive understanding of history, science and engineering.
On what would you base a claim that they did not happen?

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Please show us proof that there are "millions" of people that do not believe that we landed on the Moon.

You are again, making a statement of something as if it were a fact, yet provide absolutely no evidence, proof, or even bother to link to a source for this statement.

Just like you've done for the evidence that we did not land there.

At least those that you label "moon believers" are willing and able to provide evidence and sources. Seems that you, on the other hand, are doing nothing but disregarding everything shown to you.

I am not using google for you to show you that people do not believe in the moon landings. If your sentencing structures are that perfect, I am sure you can handle it. I already said that you do not need telescopes when tax payer fund for probes all the time. I am tired or repeating myself. I posted a thread using the former presidents comments as evidence. I get grainy pictures. How much does nasa get again
edit on 17-3-2017 by gmoneystunt because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 11:28 AM
link   

There were two LLRVs and three LLTVs. All were designed to operate on earth and not in space. None went into space at any point. One LLRV and two LLTVs crashed.

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 11:28 AM
link   

In other words: No, you don't have any evidence, just baseless statements.

NASA's budget comes with a mandate of things that they do. What little money is given to them (and it's a drop in the bucket compared to the money the US government gives everyone else), they have to spread out over existing projects and what little new projects they can do.

Proving to you that they landed on the Moon is not something they need to do.

There are several other space agencies around the world that are not US controlled, any number of them could also go to the Moon and either "prove" or "disprove" that we landed there. None bother too because they also know we went, and they also have other more important things to do.

You keep calling the images "grainy" (which tells me you have absolutely NO knowledge about imaging), yet refuse to comment on what it does show, other than throwing in the word "photoshop" in there.

So far what this thread has shown is you are not really here to discuss. You're here to make statements (most of which you can not back up).

In other words: you're acting just like every Moon Hoaxer that has ever posted a thread here on ATS. You don't discuss, you just make wild claims and then refuse to back them up.

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 11:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: RoadCourse

Completely off topic

What?
Do you want proof that it isn't "completely off topic"?

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 11:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: kelbtalfenek

Somewhere between the "we never went to the moon" and the "we have bases on the moon" and the "Mars strategic outposts" and the flat earth society I must have gotten lost. As far as I know, we went to the moon; there are still artifacts there from our visits. The rest of the stuff is just bunk as far as I'm concerned.

Do you have any pictures or videos recent of these artifacts from these landings?

Nope but they are easily searchable...I'm sure you've heard of "google."

or you can check here photo #20 is a good place to start.
edit on 17-3-2017 by kelbtalfenek because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 11:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

So that is your excuse? Well we could prove it but...... We wont cause... you wont believe or is it that you cant prove it. Just show the proof. Its been almost 50 years. seriously.

It's an observation that you've proven to be correct: no proof is good enough to move you from your current opinion, because you've already made up your mind how you're going to dismiss any proof that's presented.

Not wanting to waste time trying to make a point to a brick wall isn't an excuse, it's an acceptance that it's a dumb, mute wall that won't be moved no matter what gets waved in it's face. You can pretend that it's an excuse, but your comments show that its simple reality.

Some people understand reality, some don't.

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 11:52 AM
link   
In my experience, those who believe that the Apollo record was faked base that admittedly-unsupported opinion on politics and/or ideology. They distrust authority, perhaps hate the US government, think everything is a lie, whatever...

And here's a key thing: The Apollo deniers think that those who say the Apollo record is real also base their argument on politics and/or ideology and that it is the opposite of theirs; i.e. they implicitly trust authority, love the US government, believe whatever they are told, whatever...

It never occurs to the Deniers that it is possible to form an opinion on this outside of politics and/or ideology.

It's not a matter of deciding whom you trust; it's a matter of understanding the relevant science and engineering.

When I say "understand", I do not mean sitting in a classroom writing-down old, obscure "facts" and regurgitating them on a test - that is just (for better or for worse) submission to authority.

An engineer can design a hydraulic system to transmit a pilot's yoke & rudder inputs to the actuators that move the control surfaces in an airplanes wings and tail. An airplane mechanic may not have that skill, but he understands the system and its underlying principles.

A scientist can know about optics and refractive indices and how light bends. A photographer might not know these things, but she understands that when she points a camera towards (but not necessarily at) a light source, she's likely to get lens flares on the image.

A plumber understands fluid pressure differentials.
An auto mechanic understands fuel-air ratios.
An acrobat understands trajectories.
YOU understand that plugging in electrical devices is vital to making them work.

The motivations for the Moon Race may have been political, but the actual achievements were those of science and engineering (and ingenuity, and perseverance). These achievements can be studied and analyzed and understood.

And when you understand these things, you will know (not believe - KNOW) that Apollo was real.

And that's a good thing, because once upon a time people understood that there was nothing we could not do if we just applied enough imagination, ingenuity and perseverance. We could find cures for diseases, learn to fly, and span a mile of treacherous waters. We could even fly people to the Moon. You see, Apollo was not some weird, one-off event. It was part of that spirit; its ultimate expression - The last great triumph of the People who Could Do Anything.

I believe that, deep-down, people want the world to be a better place. Everyone who holds a petition, a corporate bribe, a soup-kitchen ladle or a suicide-bomb trigger - all hope that somehow their actions will make a difference. The first step is imagining that it can be better, but that's not enough. You've got to understand the problems (this is where the corrupt politicians and suicide bombers go wrong - and a lot of other people, too; take any issue (Left or Right) and see if you can see if you can find anyone actively trying to understand their opponents' position). You've got to use ingenuity to come up with genuine solutions. You've got to understand how to implement solutions and then have the perseverance to see it through.

That perseverance is essential, and its basis is best summed-up in the phrase, "We have done other great things, we can do this, too."

This is why Apollo denial is such poison. Apollo is the ultimate proof that "We can do it!". The Deniers are saying, "No we can't!" Worse yet, they do this not because they have made any effort to understand, well, anything; but rather because of their own entrenched bias.

If that view takes hold, then there is no hope for the world.
edit on 17-3-2017 by Saint Exupery because: it needed better emphasis

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 11:57 AM
link   

a reply to: intrptr

Thanks. My mistake. Computer froze. Windows is great

bracket, bracket, your'e most welcome.

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 12:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Saint Exupery

That is one of the most eloquent posts I have ever read.

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 12:15 PM
link   

We left artifcats where if one were to shoot a laser at them the laser would bounce back. It's an episode of Mythbusters. It's a show made so that even children can understand what's happening. Check it out sometime. You might even be able to grasp it!

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Millions of people are stupid. There explains that one. Yes i called them stupid. because ignoring the evidence,such as mirrors placed carefully on the moon exist and are used to measure the moons moving in its orbit(i forget is it away a little each year or closer?) Point is No evidence would be good enough for you.
Back when the landings took place they didnt have remote rovers able to do fine manipulation needed to set up those mirror systems.

Crap even the Myth busters(yeah yeah i know i know) busted the Faking of the landing and declared we did visit the moon.
Obama was most likely saying NASA hasnt been out of low orbits EXCEPT for the apollo missions. If not then he too is stupid.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join