It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama already admitted we have not been beyond lower earth orbit

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 08:53 AM
link   
Have we not already been beyond lower earth orbit?
Watch 21:25 - 21:35

Obama never gives credit to NASA for having been to the moon
Watch 0:00 - 0:44

NASA engineer admits they can't get past the Van Allen Belts
Watch 3:00 - 3:45

Obama jokes about Trump focusing on issues that matter like did we fake the moon landing
Watch 4:22 - 5:00

Seems strange that we still need to advance to get beyond lower earth orbit. Maybe someday we will have the technology to really make it to the moon. For now we can just dream

edit on 17-3-2017 by gmoneystunt because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 08:55 AM
link   
a reply to: gmoneystunt

Just a head up none of your videos work for me.

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Erase everything between the 'yvid' bracket code except the last eleven digits and your videos will embed.

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 09:01 AM
link   

I read somewhere that Obama's been to the moon.
Yes i'm being serious.

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 09:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: gmoneystunt

Obama jokes about Trump focusing on issues that matter like did we fake the moon landing

Seems strange that we still need to advance to get beyond lower earth orbit. Maybe someday we will have the technology to really make it to the moon. For now we can just dream

fixed your embedding for you there. you didn't input the code properly, and clearly you just posted and left without proof reading your own post or else you would have noticed that mistake yourself,
someone who doesn't proof read their own post comes across as having no actual interest in their own thread, so why should i? my point is you loose the interest of readers when you make such simple mistakes and don't try to fix them or even acknowledge them.

as to the subject, it would have been wise of us to fake the moon landings, honestly, the effort was a huge gamble with lives in the balance, and intense geopolitical relations during nuclear wartime also in the balance, removing the chance from that situation by faking it, turning the outcome into a sure thing would have actually been the clever way to go, so it wouldn't surprise me at all to learn we faked the moon landings.

what would surprise me is any claim that we still at this age are incapable of getting people to the moon, maybe we couldnt back in the 60's but our tech has come a long way im certain its doable now, with the right funds anyhow,

there is no longer things we cant do in this world, our tech is so far advanced now we can do anything, our roadblocks now are funds, money, that is what we struggle with now.

an example, we have invented the technology to correct global pollution a hundred times over again and again, yet we never implement any of it on any grand scale because it isnt profitable, we can do it, but in a capitalistic society that isnt enough. in this society we can only do what we can profit at, if theres no profit then it isnt done.

which is why so many of our articles about "revisiting" the moon all come with some profit angle, either their sending tourists who are paying for the ride themselves, or their sending miners to mine the moon, one way or the other we gotta profit off of it.
edit on 17-3-2017 by NobodiesNormal because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 09:04 AM
link   
Fixed........

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 09:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Neith
It was Mars. Andrew Basiago said he saw Barry on Mars as part of Project Pegasus. According to him we don't need rockets, just a jump-room.

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 09:15 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Thanks. My mistake. Computer froze. Windows is great

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 09:16 AM
link   
Haven't we been through these exact clips a dozen times? *sigh*

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 09:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: OveRcuRrEnteD
It was Mars. Andrew Basiago said he saw Barry on Mars as part of Project Pegasus. According to him we don't need rockets, just a jump-room.

Oh that's right it was Mars, thanks. Wasn't the jump room some type of portal? If they're all reptillians, it would make sense that they're hanging out on Mars, perhaps a favorite vacation spot for them.

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Somewhere between the "we never went to the moon" and the "we have bases on the moon" and the "Mars strategic outposts" and the flat earth society I must have gotten lost. As far as I know, we went to the moon; there are still artifacts there from our visits. The rest of the stuff is just bunk as far as I'm concerned.

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 09:27 AM
link   
Who is that Obama guy anyway?

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Wasn't the jump room some type of portal?

If I remember correctly it was a room they walked into on Earth and walked out of on Mars. I think time travel was involved in the story too.

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 09:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: kelbtalfenek

Somewhere between the "we never went to the moon" and the "we have bases on the moon" and the "Mars strategic outposts" and the flat earth society I must have gotten lost. As far as I know, we went to the moon; there are still artifacts there from our visits. The rest of the stuff is just bunk as far as I'm concerned.

Do you have any pictures or videos recent of these artifacts from these landings?

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 09:32 AM
link   
a reply to: OveRcuRrEnteD

Pine gap in Australia.
Not sure about the time travel, but it came to mind as well. Possibly.

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 09:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: snowspirit
a reply to: OveRcuRrEnteD

Pine gap in Australia.
Not sure about the time travel, but it came to mind as well. Possibly.

Oh, well, Pine Gap.

I've got a lot of "missing time" events from Alice Springs. I could certainly entertain time travel as well.

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 09:43 AM
link   
a reply to: NobodiesNormal

It use to be that even if you reviewed the vids didn't show. I don't know if its still that way. Not that I don't care. My error and thanks for fixing it for me in the meanwhile. Not sure if a paragraph of degradation is necessary.

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 09:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Bedlam

I can always look forward to you being a ray of sunshine

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 09:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: NobodiesNormal
it would have been wise of us to fake the moon landings, honestly, the effort was a huge gamble with lives in the balance, and intense geopolitical relations during nuclear wartime also in the balance, removing the chance from that situation by faking it, turning the outcome into a sure thing would have actually been the clever way to go, so it wouldn't surprise me at all to learn we faked the moon landings.

You are making a common mistake among those who think a moon-landing hoax is plausible: You assume that attempting an actual manned moon-landing has a large possibility of failure, but that executing a hoax would somehow be automatically successful.

This makes no sense. Flying to the Moon is an engineering problem with known (or knowable) equipment requirements. You need large, multi-stage rockets, a guidance system that can navigate there & back, a vehicle that can land and take off, and life support systems to keep your crew alive. You can also send unmanned probes to measure the environment between here & there to help define your craft. All of these can be built & tested in a methodical, step-by-step process.

Everything is in the open. Nobody has to be looking over their shoulder or dealing with attacks of conscience . If they fail, the root causes can be found & fixed and they can try again. No honor is lost because everyone knows it is damn difficult. Even if the government decides it's not worth the cost to continue and pulls the plug, everyone knows it was a good try and at least we learned a lot in the effort.

On the other hand, one slip-up when perpetuating a hoax - one turncoat, one leaked document, one communications gaffe (you can't know who will be listening, or with what equipment), one special effect that's less than perfect - and you are the center of a national disgrace for all time. America's credibility is shot and very senior officials in the government will be convicted of felony fraud and go to prison for years. Don't forget that the secret has to be kept for all time: No matter when it's found out, it will still be a world-wide public-relations storm that would make Iraqi WMDs look like an absent-minded goof. It doesn't matter how old you are, you can still be put on trial.

For those who think we faked-it to show-up the Soviets, do you really think that an administration that couldn't cover-up a 3rd-rate hotel burglary could keep this secret from the KGB? Do you think that America's mortal enemy would not use this as the ultimate proof before the entire world of capitalism's perfidity and corruption?

Don't forget that, as far as we knew, the Soviets were also going to land on the Moon, whether we made it or not. They didn't cancel their program until 1976. If we faked it and they did it for real, then who has the technological upper hand?

Any way you look at it, faking it would be more risky and less likely to succeed - with more dire cost to the nation in the event of failure - than actually digging-in, doing the work and going for real.

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 09:55 AM
link   

a reply to: Bedlam

I can always look forward to you being a ray of sunshine

It's true. We used to go into Alice Springs and get lit up big time in maybe three pubs. At one time there was a very embarrassing video tape of me singing "We are Australian" about four sheets to the wind. I thought it was a great rendition, personally. I don't recall any of it. That's part of why I have a two drinks in public limit now.

It's why we can't have nice things, I suppose.

edit on 17-3-2017 by Bedlam because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join