It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What features would you pay a monthly fee for?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 01:29 AM
link   
My hope is that this thread will be a brainstorming session for features for a possible paid membership on ATS. I see this as a win/win for everyone involved.

I would pay $5/month for three things:

1. An ignore feature

2. Access to the trash bin forum

3. Access to an "anything goes" (within reason) off-topic forum

This idea started with my desire for an ignore feature. The three things listed above would be enough of a package deal to make it worth paying for.
edit on 17-3-2017 by Profusion because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 01:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Profusion

I'd pay for chat rooms. Going to a chat room would keep us from using an entire page to do a back-n-forth with another member.

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 01:56 AM
link   

I'm not keen on the idea of an ignore feature, I feel seeing things on ATS you disagree with is an integral part of creating debate.

A lot of what gets 404'd is pure smut too but that being said what you suggest could be appealing.

Maybe a more interactive chat feature or live shows. But a paid subscription-based setup could be the failure of such an endeavor.

Either way I'd love to see more AMA's, I'd love an ATS podcast too, I can imagine many ATS members would volunteer for a chat show, I would.

We've got plenty of subject experts and I doubt we could ever run out of material... Heck there's topics I know nothing about that's been explored here in old dormant threads. We'll always have new members... It could work.

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 01:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Profusion
My hope is that this thread will be a brainstorming session for features for a possible paid membership on ATS. I see this as a win/win for everyone involved.

I would pay $5/month for three things:

1. An ignore feature

Comes free on many forums.
(You'll miss me! *__- )

What features would you pay a monthly fee for?

A massage for every post.
Happy endings for good, well thought out posts.
Good entheogens dispensed for good posts.
Someone to come every night and cook my dinner.
The ability to fry trolls.
An oil change and tune-up for my Jeep every so often.
Etc...
Etc...
Etc...

That's a forum would be worth $5./mo to me! *__-

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 02:15 AM
link   
I wouldnt pay anything. Not that I dont like ATS, but im not paying to be allowed to talk on a forum. Id go elsewhere.

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 02:44 AM
link   
None .
Im a cheap bastard .
edit on 17317 by VengefulGhost because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 02:54 AM
link   
None. At least until ATS ceases to be a political forum and starts dealing with conspiracies once more.

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 03:02 AM
link   
I dont think you would use the ignore feature as they would be no people to ignore

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 03:05 AM
link   
There was an ignore feature once. It was removed to enforce the fact that you're your own ignore feature. Doesn't work in my opinion, and leads to people being unable to control themselves with certain topics. [snipped]

There was a chat feature once. But the external hosting company became stupid and from what I remember, it was over charging for less than efficient service. There is always IRC if enough people were to be like minded, but that would be something I am sure the brass here would not endorse, so like small groups on facebook, it would not be official. Nothing stopping people though, I suppose, except for the advertising of it. But as above, there is the book of faces which I know a lot of members do use, and those who don't would likely not use a chat feature anyway.

It'd be nice to have an off the zone area though, where within reason, opinions can be hashed out... but where would that lead things. Other areas would become untenable when people took things to in zone areas.

edit on Sat Mar 18 2017 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 03:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Denoli
I dont think you would use the ignore feature as they would be no people to ignore

I try to ignore me, but all I end up doing is pushing my own buttons and then I am conflicted and cranky. :/

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 03:06 AM
link   
If ATS ever stops being free I'll stop using it, I can't afford monthly subscriptions to any site, end of story...

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 03:10 AM
link   

LOL, your 1 &3 are contradictive are they not ?

Seriously.

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 03:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

I'd pay for chat rooms. Going to a chat room would keep us from using an entire page to do a back-n-forth with another member.

For sure.... chat rooms back would be an up Carewemust.

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 03:23 AM
link   
a permanently hide forum option. i just counted, would remove 7

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 03:59 AM
link   

I ain't paying for s***.

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 04:06 AM
link   
I think $5 a month is pocket change for a wonderful service already. Chat and a few other ideas might be nice, but this place is already worth it. This mind that I have which is overrun constantly with thoughts is allowed to calm down here - except for around the politics... Which I'm ever more convinced I should avoid, not due to opinions, but due to their delivery.

Yeah. ATS is already great if you can keep your wits about you.

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 04:11 AM
link   

Not paying for, "You have replies". Where'd that go?

Or easer pic uploads (for noobs)

And dumping the millions of stars some members have.
edit on 17-3-2017 by intrptr because: spelling

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 04:18 AM
link   
the podcasts we used to have. Or that radio show, whatever it was called.

I liked that.

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 05:58 AM
link   
Why would you want an ignore feature? That's like doing your entire time in college in a safe space,imo.Well each to their own i guess,but i would rather see each and every opinion and sentiment even if some irritate or infuriate me.That's pretty much the point of a site like this,imo.It's ATS not Echochamber.com

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 06:26 AM
link   

top topics

<<   2 >>

join