It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

March Madness is HERE! Anyone Watching?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 09:33 AM
link   
I just love March Madness! It is one of my favorite holidays of the year!

Today marks the first round of the tourney, and the first four days are typically the craziest and most exciting. Wild upsets, last minute three pointers for the win, crushing alley-oops, we will see it all today my friends!

Anyone have predictions for an underdog team? Who do you have going all the way? Which 12-5 upset will happen this year?

I always have to remind myself that these are really just kids playing on such a large stage. Must be thrilling and nerve-racking all at once. I do get all emotional watching these talented youth.

Will be updating my thread throughout the day. Please do the same if you are watching. Would love to hear your thoughts on this first day of March Madness!

www.ncaa.com...

edit on 16-3-2017 by zosimov because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 09:57 AM
link   
nope.
I am not a basketball fan.

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 09:59 AM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

Aww you had me so excited to have a thrilling bball conversation.. then.. nothing.

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 10:00 AM
link   
a reply to: zosimov

I'm rooting for UVM (one of the underdogs) because I'm a lifelong Vermonter, I went to that school (didn't graduate but did use some of my credits from there towards the degree I have). My 2 surviving siblings are both UVM graduates and my father works for the school too - major UVM fans, all of us!

Last time UVM got this far was years ago with Taylor Coppenrath in the early 2000s.

Whatever happens, I'm happy to see they've made it this far!

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 10:04 AM
link   
a reply to: FamCore

I've got Vermont crushing Perdue in that first round. (Bracket) And if they go farther, I will be very happy despite predicting their second round loss. I LOVE the underdog, always.

I'm rooting with you Fam

Enjoy the excitement!

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 10:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: zosimov

Aww you had me so excited to have a thrilling bball conversation.. then.. nothing.

I apologize.
I will contribute double on your next thread where we share a common interest.

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 10:06 AM
link   

I'm rooting for Kentucky. Why? Because every time they win the National Championship the Yankees win the World Series.

Makes total sense so don't question my logic.

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Lol, okay then, deal!

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 10:13 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Haha, what!? Is that really true? Notice I'm not questioning your logic, only your conclusion.

We won't be at odds then until Kentucky faces the Tar Heels.. I have Kentucky going down.

(Even though you're a Yankees fan.)

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 10:15 AM
link   
YES! Filled out my "Sheet of Integrity" last night. Me beloved Buckeyes sucked this year and are out of it but I still love this time of year. I have Villanova repeating as champs. However, since I am a Buckeyes fan, I always cheer on the BIG teams.
edit on 16-3-2017 by jtrenthacker because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 10:19 AM
link   
History Shows Kentucky’s NCAA Title Means Yankees Will Win The World Series. From the last time they both won.

edit on 16-3-2017 by AugustusMasonicus because: I ♥ cheese pizza.

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 10:19 AM
link   
a reply to: jtrenthacker

I like the 'Cuse, but seeing as they are not in either.. gotta go with someone else too.
I spent a great deal of my youth living in NoVA, and am a Virginia fan.
Sorry to say I have VA beating Villanova in the Sweet 16. We shall see, it's a long shot I know.
Have fun and good luck on your bracket!

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Crazy, I just love these sports analysts who have the inspiration and creativity to look into these matters.
About to read the article now, but a brief skim shows multiple instances, more than the odd coincidence. Interesting!
I will think twice before second guessing you again, Augustus.

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Our team hasn't measured three years now but, I can still support MTSU, ETSU and the Commodores.

We're pretty big basketball fans and will watch as we are able or as work or school allow

My youngest and myself.

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 10:25 AM
link   

I will think twice before second guessing you again, Augustus.

And I didn't even have to threaten a caning.

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 10:28 AM
link   
a reply to: TNMockingbird

Have so much fun with your little one this year! My dad, bro and I love watching the games together. One of my best family vacations was 8 years ago when we were in Charleston SC/Savannah GA for St Patty's day and March Madness. Good times.

Family fun for all

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 10:29 AM
link   

I'd be more cowed by the threat of stocks, for future reference..

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 10:33 AM
link   

I'd be more cowed by the threat of stocks...

Yes, I could see how discussing investments could be a painful and intimidating experience.

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Family fun for all

Thank you!

She started playing ball at age 4 and we spent years with travel ball. Those were some of the most fun times we had. The coaching aspect, time with the teams...boys and girls and of course, winning championships.

She gave it up believing she couldn't maintain a good grade average and the demanding schedule of playing for a travel team year round. 6 day a week practices morning and afternoons as well as games 1(in county) to 5 or 6 times (across the state) per week.

Sorry for rambling on...close to my heart and could ramble always...go I'll move on!
Good luck to you team (s).

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 10:54 AM
link   
a reply to: TNMockingbird

Good for you! So glad you enjoyed watching her play as well. I'm sure your daughter learned many valuable lessons from that time.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join