It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Canada sends Letter of Request for 18 Super Hornets

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 02:53 AM
link   
a reply to: D8Tee

They're not as capable. But the J-31 has been called the Chinese F-35.

Chinese J-31

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 02:55 AM
link   
Humph.. interesting to say the least...

J-20, as is well known, is a copy of the rejected Soviet-designed MiG 1.44.

Look here..

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 02:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Advantage

They currently have two, the J-20 and the J-31. The J-31 may be mostly for export to countries that can't buy the F-35, but they've never been clear on if it's going to be for their service only, or only for export, or both. The J-31 is a twin engine that looks a lot like the F-35 in basic planform.

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 03:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Dude you know how I feel about the F35;
It's made everything before it obsolete,
everything after it is better.
The only good thing about it is how it can take different roles and is versatile...

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 03:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58

They currently have two, the J-20 and the J-31. The J-31 may be mostly for export to countries that can't buy the F-35, but they've never been clear on if it's going to be for their service only, or only for export, or both. The J-31 is a twin engine that looks a lot like the F-35 in basic planform.

We get defense news still.. theyre always giving new info on aircraft. Its where I first read about the J 20.. and the hacker who plead guilty. We're near an AFB here, but when stationed at Offutt.. holy cow.. you even got to see ( and hear) the newest and greatest. Like that f-35 lightening 2 at last years air show..

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 08:36 PM
link   
During his recent trip to Australia Bogdan was discussing the F-35 in the context of each of the US services and interoperabillity with existing and other systems. When referring to the C model operating in concert with the Hornet he made repeated references to the Advanced SH and how the C model would work together. When questioned about the Advanced remark he made assurances that it didn't mean a reduction in A models and that they were endeavoring to provide the current administration with a map of how the Advanced Supers and C models for the USN will work and what the mix should be. He stated that the investigation is ongoing. So if a deal has been done to commit to the Adv SH (and there is logic in this even if they are upgrades of the current late block builds), then maybe Canada is aware of this and is keen to buy in?

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 08:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: thebozeian
During his recent trip to Australia Bogdan was discussing the F-35 in the context of each of the US services and interoperabillity with existing and other systems. When referring to the C model operating in concert with the Hornet he made repeated references to the Advanced SH and how the C model would work together. When questioned about the Advanced remark he made assurances that it didn't mean a reduction in A models and that they were endeavoring to provide the current administration with a map of how the Advanced Supers and C models for the USN will work and what the mix should be. He stated that the investigation is ongoing. So if a deal has been done to commit to the Adv SH (and there is logic in this even if they are upgrades of the current late block builds), then maybe Canada is aware of this and is keen to buy in?

Canada is not getting the F35C, they don't have a carrier for them to operate from.

This was a political decision, one that will cost the Canadian taxpayers dearly.

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 08:46 PM
link   

It doesn't matter though. The systems in the A and the C are almost identical, so an A would interface in the same way, if Canada were to buy them. And you don't have to have a carrier to operate the C.
edit on 3/16/2017 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 09:33 PM
link   

No you misunderstood me.

I wasn't saying that Bogdan (or myself) was suggesting Canada would buy the F-35 of any model. What he said and made no attempt to play down or say was merely a hypothetical exercise was that they (the F-35 program office and the USN) were looking at how to operate an Advanced Super Hornet. That would therefore be of interest to Canada as a potential alternative to the F-35.

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 01:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: thebozeian

No you misunderstood me.

I wasn't saying that Bogdan (or myself) was suggesting Canada would buy the F-35 of any model. What he said and made no attempt to play down or say was merely a hypothetical exercise was that they (the F-35 program office and the USN) were looking at how to operate an Advanced Super Hornet. That would therefore be of interest to Canada as a potential alternative to the F-35.

The liberals just kicked the can down the road as far as their fighter replacement program goes. Now they get a last generation platform for the the same price they could have purchased F35's for. Plus they stand to lose their contracts from Lockheed. I'm not a supporter of this decision. Justin just cost us big time. Think he cares? Hell no, he's too busy giving us a carbon tax thats going to do even more to hurt our economy.

posted on Mar, 19 2017 @ 12:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: BeneGesseritWitch
a reply to: TruMcCarthy

Says the frog with a "war is coming" description.
What Canada Needs is a fleet of heavy nuclear powered icebreakers, to patrole, the North, with maybe some british subs.

I agree whole heartly.
Except we should new German sub.

No offense to the British we did not do well refurbishing the last ones.

posted on Mar, 19 2017 @ 12:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58

Just wait. Pretty soon they're going to upgrade the slingshots and dog sleds.

So you've seen our feel good about not guarding the north video.

For a while we had a dynamite recruitment video.

People complained it made the force's to sexy.
edit on 19-3-2017 by SmilingROB because: Grammer

posted on Mar, 19 2017 @ 12:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: TruMcCarthy
Geez Canada, what do you need aircraft for? Sounds like a bunch of war-mongers to me.

Please indicate if you mock us or is a straight up comment so i can decide how politely to answer.

posted on Mar, 19 2017 @ 12:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: TruMcCarthy

originally posted by: BeneGesseritWitch
a reply to: TruMcCarthy

Says the frog with a "war is coming" description.
What Canada Needs is a fleet of heavy nuclear powered icebreakers, to patrole, the North, with maybe some british subs.

I was being sarcastic. Canadians are always critical of the U.S. trying to have a strong military, I was just giving them a little jazz back. I have nothing against Canada improving their military, it's smart, peace through strength.

Sorry just saw this. Perhaps I'll catch up first.
edit on 19-3-2017 by SmilingROB because: (no reason given)

edit on 19-3-2017 by SmilingROB because: Sorry got catch up

posted on Mar, 19 2017 @ 12:41 AM
link   

Agreed.
Enough people wanted a pretty boy aarrghhh ( grinding teeth) but I am not sure it would have been different even if the election went differently.

The block would have jet-blocked us any way.

posted on Mar, 19 2017 @ 12:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: D8Tee
a reply to: Zaphod58

Big mistake, politically motivated.
F-35 was the way to go.
Now Lockheed will retaliate and cancel the contracts the Canadian aerospace industry had.

Most of the public up hear thinks we only get that if we buy. I post and post and they tell me i am wrong.

posted on Mar, 19 2017 @ 12:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: FlyingFox
Canada is like America's North Korea

We have more food.

posted on Mar, 19 2017 @ 12:51 AM
link   
He' s "trumping" his statement.

We are learning many ways to disingenuous from him. (Mocking him not the counrty)
edit on 19-3-2017 by SmilingROB because: Brevity

Sorry dude I forgot there was at the station.
edit on 19-3-2017 by SmilingROB because: Added comment

edit on 19-3-2017 by SmilingROB because: Cause

edit on 19-3-2017 by SmilingROB because: Ops

posted on Mar, 19 2017 @ 12:57 AM
link   
Please don't feed the troll to much.
It give energy to troll more.

posted on Mar, 19 2017 @ 12:58 AM
link   
I forgot there one up there sorry for my miss post.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join