It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S Military likely to send as many as 1,000 more ground troops to Syria

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 02:08 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

I think you and I will continue to disagree on this issue. The more we stay there the longer this continues. The way I see it no matter the state of my country, if there is a guy with a gun and a different flag on his shoulder walking around my town telling me what to do, we have a problem.

We are not God, we cannot go to a different region of the world and make demands, that's not how it works. We can try, but judging from our post WWII record, logic would imply winning is not a probability.
edit on 15-3-2017 by CriticalStinker because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 02:13 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

I just want our response to ISIS to be so brutal, epic, ugly, violent, bloody and disgusting that these cowardly she-dogs will be too afraid to ever touch the west again.

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Or like the rest of history that sort of behavior emboldens and justifies a response or resistance.

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 02:17 PM
link   

ISIS is sharmata.

they deserve a bullet.

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 02:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Southern Guardian

The new troops, if sent, would be focused on supporting Kurdish and Arab fighters in northern Syria battling the Islamic State. Under the plan, the added American forces would act primarily as advisers, offering expertise on bomb disposal and coordinating air support for the coalition of Kurds and Arabs, also known as the Syrian Democratic Forces.

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 02:21 PM
link   

While I don't disagree with that statement, I'm an isolationist and would rather not pay for that bullet.

Years of record setting "defense" budgets and in my lifetime we have had one out of many many wars where we were directly attacked.

Most of are battles fought are a direct result of failed foreign policy. At what point to we learn our lesson and use that money on, I don't know, ourselves?

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 02:25 PM
link   

We've pissed off too many people to become isolationists now.

Our enemies aren't going to say, "Well, they've become isolationists, leave them alone".

We need to be seen as the devil, an embodiment of evil, a country so insanely crazy, that it would be suicide to even mess with us.

We need to find out what scares the #### out of ISIS and become that times 100000

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 02:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

We've pissed off too many people to become isolationists now.

Our enemies aren't going to say, "Well, they've become isolationists, leave them alone".

We need to be seen as the devil, an embodiment of evil, a country so insanely crazy, that it would be suicide to even mess with us.

We need to find out what scares the #### out of ISIS and become that times 100000

Oh but we ARE seen as the devil. It's what got us into this Quagmire for the last 13 years.

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Those enemies don't have planes or boats so I don't think that fits. I understand you feel they could come here and commit terror, but that hasn't happened since 9/11 other than some lone wolf's.

Now is that because of our presence over there or a result of the NSA or the patriot act? I don't think so. Personally the threat of terror now seems relative to the level it has been through out time. And it is my opinion you're more open to it the more you bring attention to your flag that is seen with the presence of power and occupation we project in most corners of the globe.

I don't see how perpetuating war is the answer to peace.

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 02:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Rosinitiate

We've been the dealer of death since WWII. I fail to see any circumstances where this makes us just or righteous.

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 02:34 PM
link   
a reply to: allsee4eye

And the sooner the refugees can be sent home to rebuild their crap hole country!

Hope it all works!

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 02:35 PM
link   
a reply to: TonyS

So long as you accept many times we made it a # hole.

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 02:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

We've been the dealer of death since WWII. I fail to see any circumstances where this makes us just or righteous.

Just and righteousness are for the slaves, generally enforced by laws. Death and mayhem are the trademarks of our masters.

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Well, we'll just have to disagree. Not that any of us can make foreign policy anyway.

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Haha, that was the best post in this whole thread.

At least we showed people that not every thread has to be mudpit. Some of us enjoy focusing on the topic and not each other.

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 03:01 PM
link   
I disagree with this move. I feel we should just pull out of the ME and beef up our national security and borders. Bombs create terrorists as can be seen from the past 16 years of The War on Terror.

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 03:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Well, we'll just have to disagree. Not that any of us can make foreign policy anyway.

If I were put in those shoes we'd all likely be dead in the first 6mo.

At least if you were President you'd say something so off the wall they would all blink and it would be too late.

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Khalid Sheikh Mohammed said to psychologist James E. Mitchel that the reason terrorist attacks continued against the US into 9/11 was because they expected the US to start an FBI investigation like they did with the USS Cole, and not to use military force. Capitulation and killing with kindness never works.

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 03:16 PM
link   

"We" had nothing to do with it; the US Government Deep State did that and "we" have no control over what they do!

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 04:13 PM
link   
a reply to: TonyS

Eloquently put, I cannot argue with that statement.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join