It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"THE MATRIX" is coming back again!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 08:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Antipathy17

So the gov can keep everyone divided on what we think it is. Division is the name of the game and hollywood is the divider. Nothing will ever beat the original Matrix movie. I doubt i'll be seeing this one without Neo in it.

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 08:58 AM
link   
Personally I would only like to see a continuation of the original or entirely new story set in the same universe. Remaking/rebooting the originals would be an absolute travesty. If they were to do this then there's no way they'd use the original cast, what would be the point in making essentially the same film with the same cast? Also, remakes/reboots are NEVER any where near as good as the originals. Great films tend to be the ones that break new ground, remakes and rehashes, by definition cannot do this. Look at Texas chainsaw massacre, total recall, psycho, amityville horror, the shining, the whicker man and so on; pale imitations only.

To add, the thing i would want most of all, by a mile, is a new Matrix game. I thought that, whilst 'Enter the matrix' and 'path of neo' were far from perfect, i absolutely adored the notion of being able to step into that world and engage in the physics bending, thought provoking and action packed world of the matrix. I can't think of a single film franchise more well suited to video games.

A new 'next gen' matrix game has the potential to be utterly mind blowing, done right. Intense martial arts combat, balletic gunplay, manipulation of physics, exceptional individuals with extraordinary abilities.

Sign me up.
edit on 15-3-2017 by Indrasweb because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 09:04 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

Thanks for the clarity

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 09:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Revolution9
www.telegraph.co.uk...

The Telegraph are reporting that "The Matrix" is set to be rebooted. There is no involvement yet from the Wachowskis. Keanu Reeves said he would do it only if they were involved and wrote the screenplay. I agree totally with that.

Warner Bros. is reportedly planning a reboot of The Matrix, news that split opinion among fans of the sci-fi classic

Keanu Reeves, who starred as Neo in the original franchise, said recently he would be open to returning for another installment if the Wachowskis were involved. "They would have to write it and direct it. And then we’d see what the story is, but yeah, I dunno, that’d be weird, but why not?” he told Yahoo Movies.

I would want to see a reboot for sure, but it would have to be even better than the other three movies to work. Without Keanu and Laurence my heart would not be in it. Carrie Anne, too; how can we have "The Matrix" without Carrie-Anne slinking around on set? I think it is the least the machines could do to patch Trinity up after all Neo's hard work, lol.

Perhaps the movie is too sacred for some to want a reboot. For me it would be good just one more time to see those guys doing their thing. I think there are enough loose ends to tie up in a ravishingly sexy finale before it is handed over to the developers on a theme like "Star Wars".

The studio is reportedly interested in emulating what Disney has done with Star Wars, creating spin off films from the Matrix universe.

Though "The Matrix" is for me a much more interesting film. I think, too, the developments in the real world in AI could fuel some serious innovations of imagination in the movie.

EDIT: Damn, forgot to keep up with the times; The Wachowskis would probably not want me to call them bros any more, but that's cool; changed accordingly.

Before I read anything.

Let me guess, Neo is now black?

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 09:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Revolution9

Horrible idea imo.
Keanu, is and always will be "The One"
He can catch lightning in a bottle, even make it rain upwards.

And let me guess there gonna put some little kid in there replacing him.
Like they did to Spider-Man -Toby Maguire, with Andrew Garfield, and now doing it to Garfield with what ever his name is lol.

I'm just kidding around, but really Keanu's defining role was Neo.
I really hope it's a Matrix 4 type movie, rather than a restart.

Maybe something like Smith somehow imprinted on the rain at the end M3 and not even the Machines noticed it.
Then Smith is back, and furious.
Causing all sorts of crap in the Matrix. Making people's HHD's corrupted, and fans to stop working, so people's rigs over heat.
Ya, that would cause some mayhem for sure.

But Neo ain't standing for it, hell no.
He goes threw the internet, hunting Smith down.
Checking the dark web in every corner.

As he's doing this, Smith continues to overheat people's computers. People can't even turn their computers on without seeing the blue screen of death.
Panick ensues as people's Facebook, twitter and instagram go unchecked and with out hourly updates

Neo goes to upload a sweet pic of his breakfast gruel to one of his accounts..only to find out he can't log in....

The account is still active, but his password doesn't work!
He can see all sorts of rude comments posted as his status updates, but he didn't write them.
He wouldn't call himself a poopoo head and that he's feel "Derp"

Only one man could be responsible for this....Smith.

Then cut to black screen with a to be continued.

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 09:49 AM
link   
a reply to: galaga

no he is female!!

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 11:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Davg80
a reply to: galaga

no he is female!!

Damn it!

That's even worse.

Oh , wait, please let it not be Amy Schumer.

God no.

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 11:11 AM
link   
No, no and NO! The Matrix is sacred ground and the last great original idea to come out of Hollywood.

With that said, I've read that Michael B. Jordan has been targeted for an unspecified role. I just hope if they do this it's a continuation of the story and not a reboot. The original Matrix has too many iconic characters to try and remake/reboot.

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Well, also consider that they won't be able to use the art director, Mark, who was a friend of mine, since he passed away from cancer...

Jaden

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 11:56 AM
link   
After The Flight of the Conchords I cannot look at The Matrix the same way!

The amount of Deja Vu in that episode is hilarious as is the Prime Minister of New Zealand. If you have never seen the show you owe yourself some laughs.

As far as reboot goes, *meh*, how much money does Hollywood need? The original was good because it came from outside Hollywood. The movie Bound was made to help finance The Matrix and prove the Bros. W could direct. They created new FX and threw everything they had at the original script. From Plato to Baudrillard the original was a philosophical treatise which I doubt could be recaptured. A reboot would be nothing more than "wow wee" CGI with little content or thought.

I am happy with the original and only watch 2 and 3 to kill time because yes, they lost their way with nonsense religious iconography. (Btw, if you watch Xena Warrior Princess you will see the exact same fight scene with CGI Neo kicking all the Agent Smiths while suspended on the flag pole, and that is from episode 1 of Xena!) A head trip is way more interesting. Maybe a pre-quell would work? Show the torching of the sky, the end of the world, and start of the battery farm? That would be kind of cool. As would M4.

Now I need to go watch the Ani-matrix again...

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 01:35 PM
link   
I mean, it could buck the trend of reboots and I might actually love it. It might not feel soul crushingly devoid of everything I loved about the spirit and premise of the original the way Star Trek (a wonderful Star Wars demo reel for Abrams, and actually what convinced me he would be great at making a new Star Wars flick - which, imo, he was. Loved TFA, but I digress) and others have felt to me.

The thing is, the novelty of the Matrix wasn't just in its premise and storytelling. It was in its, for the time, groundbreaking visual effects and cinematography. It's a bit like the 2D to 3D graphics revolution. You can't replicate that "newness." So that leaves story, and even with a dramatic rewrite or re-envisioning, we've already seen this tale told. So to me, the best I can hope for is that the performances are so amazing on a dramatic level, that I'm blown away by them enough to feel engrossed despite watching a story I've already witnessed, with visual effects that no longer amaze me.

We shall see. I'll give it the benefit of the doubt, but won't hold my breath.

Peace.

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 02:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Brotherman

Max Payne or SuperHot

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Honestly, as much as I enjoyed the films, I really wish the original idea they stole would be turned into a movie.

Lookup Shadowrun. It was a FASA rpg game in the 90's. That's where all this came from.

Sad Noone gave credit to the actual pioneers who created the ideas...

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 05:06 PM
link   
if Hollywood are going to try a star trek / star wars makeover to the matrix trilogy without the Wachowskis input
and at least some of the original cast it will suck big time but we know this already don't we?

the greed of the studios knows no limit.
art and holding to canon is a foreign concept to these bloodsuckers
movies are just a product to sell.

i would love to see another instalment going on from where revolutions left off there are plenty
of threads to pick up and follow but i will be surprised if that happens.

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Reboot no, different story set in the same universe...maybe. Most likely outcome is none of the more interesting philosophical stuff from the original survives and it ends up being a shallow CGI fest with no substance.

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 05:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Revolution9

I felt like the 3rd Matrix film was basically a classroom lecture on the philosophy of the films, in the guise of a movie, but enjoyed it nonetheless. As far as "which was the best?"...Well, which one did you walk out of eyeing the "reality" around yourself suspiciously?

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 06:17 PM
link   
1st off..

TrueBrit... your first post detailed exactly how I feel about this.

The Matrix is the holy land. You cant mess with it.

A true reboot would be aweful since the first one was nailed perfectly.

If would have to be a Matrix 4 concept, a spinoff, or a prequel.

On the note of a spinoff.. That owuld probably work best (like Force One with Star Wars) as the Matrix video games already had spinoff movie content, and the universe is so large, with so many characters, you can do alot..

IN ADDITION to that..

A spinoff would work best also because of the whole Neo complex.. because Neo is essentially God now, its not as fun, because its not as "real"

With a spinoff featuring other characters, you can limit the stuff thats too crazy, and find a "Force One" way of weaving it into the story, Maybe Neo makes some cameos

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 03:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Masterjaden

Damn.

That is both deeply unfortunate in terms of future work on that franchise, and must have been deeply upsetting for yourself and his friends and family otherwise. My sincerest condolences!

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 04:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Natas0114

Um...

I have read the Shadowrun books, I have seen the game played. While I would agree that there are elements in the Matrix which REFERENCE that system in some respects, I cannot agree that they stole the idea of the game, and turned it into a movie. Here is why.

In Shadowrun the setting is thus.

It is not too terribly far into the future. The corporations have replaced every notable power structure on the Earth, and vie for supremacy. Hackers can access a three dimensional cyberspace, from which they can launch attacks on other objects and persons attached to the wider network. Sometimes they will have to hard access a closed network, in order to access it in this manner, which requires that they be protected by mages, street fighters, and so on.

Dragons, magic, and other things from the realms of fantasy have come back to the world, joined by artificial intelligences of extreme potency and savage face wrecking abilities.

The major differences between Shadowrun and The Matrix are, that for a start, in Shadowrun, the world outside cyberspace is not an inhospitable nightmare realm, where the atmosphere is broken to the point of being unbreathable, where no human being can walk the surface of their own planet, without being immediately picked off by sentinels, or face the long, slow death from breathing the hyper industrial byproducts of maintaining the entire planetary population of machine creatures. So, when the runners are not actually engaged in some form of cybernetic warfare, they can move around with relative freedom, are not generally hunted like animals by gigantic, anti-gravity capable, metal squids, are not part of a dying species at the end of its tether. While runners may CHOOSE to live underground, it is not always necessary for them to do so, in order that they survive. The human race is not literally being used as a battery farm, as a power source.

Furthermore, the enemy faced by any team of runners is likely to be a corporation, one of many, all of which vie for power amongst themselves, often employing rival teams to run counter espionage operations on their behalf, as well as having vast manpower in terms of security, also possessing AI which hunt the "Deckers" (hackers) in cyberspace, as well as being able to occupy in some cases, cybernetic machine bodies to allow them to act in the physical world.

At NO time does Shadowrun EVER reference the concept that all a person knows or sees from birth is simulated, not real, not actually happening. At no time does Shadowrun ever hint at the idea that humanity may in fact all be asleep, and dreaming their lives, rather than actually living them, all of them unaware of the dystopia they are actually a living part of.

Just another thing, while we are on the topic.

Deus Ex has FAR more in common with Shadowrun, than does any film or television series of which I am aware. The styling, the attitude, the outlook, the corporate battles... This is a universe that you could find a Shadowrunner in. The cybernetic upgrades, hacking ability, the combat, the storyline. If you want a rip off of Shadowrun, thats where you find it!

If anything, the Matrix asks far more profound questions of viewers than Shadowrun ever did of its players. The sheer enormity of the scale of the downfall of man, turned into nothing more than a food source for its OWN creations, consumed by artificial intelligences it gave birth to from without its own mind... That is a deep, philosophical statement to make. Shadowrun is great, don't get me wrong, but it is only a logical extension of the troubles that we face now, aside from being augmented with magic and whatnot to keep things crazy. The statement it makes is very valid, very here and now, even all this time after it came out, but it is mundane when compared with the implications of The Matrix.

When I saw The Matrix for the first time, I had heard only that the action scenes were incredible, that the cinematography was amazing. I had NO idea that the plot would be engrossing as hell, that the premise upon which the movie was made was so utterly, crushingly, oppressively hopeless for the protagonist, in terms of the totality of the domination of Earth by the machines. That is a level of nightmare future that Shadowrun never dealt with in the least.

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 06:27 AM
link   

The matrix took a lot from ghost in the shell

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join