It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump administration Cancelled Ethics training for new staff

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2017 @ 12:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: CB328

Unless of course you want to be a criminal and completely disregard things like laws and conflicts of interest, which Trump has already proven.

It really is too bad that the Trump administration is going to be the first to be a corrupt mess. If they only had taken this crash course in ethics they would be much more accountable and trustworthy like past administrations.

posted on Mar, 12 2017 @ 12:56 PM
link   
a reply to: CB328

C'mon, we all know ethics is fake media.

Trump has openly stated that he loves Wikileaks then all of a sudden his press secretary comes out and says that hackers are a threat? WTF?!?

If I may use an old cockney saying, the republicans wouldn't know Arthur from Martha. Yes the Dem's aren't much better but it's not the facepalm level that the Reb's have managed to achieve.

edit on 12-3-2017 by Thecakeisalie because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2017 @ 01:00 PM
link   
a reply to: CulturalResilience

Trump supporter 101: When defending Trump immediately deflect to Hillary Clinton. That's why you're a hack.

News ALERT! Hillary is not in politics.

posted on Mar, 12 2017 @ 01:02 PM
link   
I am currently a government employee and I spend as much time being trained on how not to offend people as I do on training for my actual role. It is a shameful waste of taxpayers money because I am civilised person who does not need to be trained how to act as a responsible adult, because, like my colleagues, I am one. I would welcome less of my time and public money being spent on this wasteful nonsense and more spent on helping us all to be as good as we can be at the actual duties we were recruited for and are paid to undertake.

I do not look down on, or discriminate against anyone, in my eyes, all our equally worthless.
That's a joke, honest it is.

posted on Mar, 12 2017 @ 01:03 PM
link   

The independent General Services Administration said the program didn't reflect the needs of an incoming administration and advised the program be fully revised. The current GSA director was an Obama appointee. Looks like Trump was taking advice from a group presidents have long been wise to listen to where wasteful and useful programs are concerned...

posted on Mar, 12 2017 @ 01:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth
So the real story is, the Trump admin cancelled a specific course.
I applaud him. Many times these courses are a ridiculous waste of time and money, where staff are asked to spend time running through some stupid intranet or class based rehash of what they already have clearly been briefed on.

Except that most of his appointees are new to government - like Danny Tiso, who graduated high school in 2015 is now a "Special Assistant to the Secretary" (of Labor) - and although this young man is apparently in Washington and doing something, as of now there is no Secretary of Labor and Trump has told Obama appointees to leave.

The Old Guard, of course, would have known about the ethics rules and where all the bear traps are. But I don't think that the young kid and his coworkers have much experience with this sort of thing. I can tell you (from family experience) that there's a whole set of rules you can run afoul of if you don't know the rules in the first place.

So this is not some sort of worthless time-waster.

posted on Mar, 12 2017 @ 01:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: CulturalResilience
I am currently a government employee and I spend as much time being trained on how not to offend people as I do on training for my actual role. It is a shameful waste of taxpayers money because I am civilised person who does not need to be trained how to act as a responsible adult, because, like my colleagues, I am one.

Although you are a responsible government employee, it would seem that not everyone got the memo. This is not a single case - rather, it's something we see as a pattern. For instance, Carl Icahn seems to be unclear on where the lines are drawn as well. And then there's Kellyanne Conway.

The Trump transition team was repeatedly warned about ethics violations and potential problems, which they ignored.

Frankly, I think they all need to sit down and quit looking to Trump for their definitions and start learning about these rules that were put into place as the result of centuries of abuse.
edit on 12-3-2017 by Byrd because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2017 @ 01:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Byrd

I am currently a government employee and I spend as much time being trained on how not to offend people as I do on training for my actual role. It is a shameful waste of taxpayers money because I am civilised person who does not need to be trained how to act as a responsible adult, because, like my colleagues, I am one.

Frankly, I think they all need to sit down and quit looking to Trump for their definitions and start learning about these rules that were put into place as the result of centuries of abuse.

Hell yes. Personal responsibility.

posted on Mar, 12 2017 @ 01:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Byrd

originally posted by: UKTruth
So the real story is, the Trump admin cancelled a specific course.
I applaud him. Many times these courses are a ridiculous waste of time and money, where staff are asked to spend time running through some stupid intranet or class based rehash of what they already have clearly been briefed on.

Except that most of his appointees are new to government - like Danny Tiso, who graduated high school in 2015 is now a "Special Assistant to the Secretary" (of Labor) - and although this young man is apparently in Washington and doing something, as of now there is no Secretary of Labor and Trump has told Obama appointees to leave.

The Old Guard, of course, would have known about the ethics rules and where all the bear traps are. But I don't think that the young kid and his coworkers have much experience with this sort of thing. I can tell you (from family experience) that there's a whole set of rules you can run afoul of if you don't know the rules in the first place.

So this is not some sort of worthless time-waster.

The course was inadequate anyway, as reported.
No point wasting time and $1m on something not suitable.

posted on Mar, 12 2017 @ 02:17 PM
link   
If they have not learned to be ethical by now, they never will.

Same with "sensitivity training". It is all hogwash.

posted on Mar, 12 2017 @ 02:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Swills

Why only attack Hillary when the vast majority of Democrat AND Republican politicians are deeply corrupt?

Is it because of political partisan hackiness? I think so.

Either way, there's a reason for ethics training but sure, let's just give Trump all the excuses in the world because political hack.

Why start a thread on Trump for the same reason?

posted on Mar, 12 2017 @ 02:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Swills

Trump supporter 101: When defending Trump immediately deflect to Hillary Clinton. That's why you're a hack.

News ALERT! Hillary is not in politics.

LOL...news alert...she and her family had their hands in politics for longer than most posters here have been alive and many poor decisions and laws later they are now part of the super wealthy elite.

Another news alert...Trump never was in politics until he became President. He was a businessman who used the laws Hillary and Bill and whomever else passed to get rich.

But yeah...lets go back to same old same old and put some more politicians in there...

These Trump threads are getting dumber by the day. It's like a last gasp for air before the dem ship sinks...

You know how you hear a song on the radio for the first time and it's amazing but then you hear it 500 more times in the next 2 weeks and all you want to do is turn the station...similar circumstance. The station is being turned by most everyone but the ones being paid to play the song just have to keep playing it because they're told to.

posted on Mar, 12 2017 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Why waste the taxpayers money trying to teach politicians and big businessmen ethics. That is a waste of time. Teach ethics to the young, not someone who is already set in their ways. Maybe Hillary should have gone to ethics training, evidently she didn't or it didn't work.

Oh here..... www.mcclatchydc.com...

I guess she considered it a waste of time too, you can't teach an old dog new tricks.

posted on Mar, 12 2017 @ 02:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
Why waste the taxpayers money trying to teach politicians and big businessmen ethics. That is a waste of time. Teach ethics to the young, not someone who is already set in their ways. Maybe Hillary should have gone to ethics training, evidently she didn't or it didn't work.

Oh here..... www.mcclatchydc.com...

I guess she considered it a waste of time too, you can't teach an old dog new tricks.

There's a link in the article from the ethics committee talking about the percentage of those that completed training in 2011...this is hilarious....under Obama:

Annual training presents a challenge for the ethics office. In 2011, ethics officials failed to
provide mandatory annual ethics training to more than 70 percent of the incumbent PAS officials
and over 50 percent of other required employees. Annual ethics training is a vital component of
an agency’s ethics program, intended to assist employees in carrying out their official
responsibilities in a manner consistent with ethics-related statutes and regulations. Additionally,
annual training helps to prevent conflict of interest violations and maintain the public’s positive
perceptions of the agency and the executive branch.

But yeah let's get all up in arms now....same old same old...

posted on Mar, 12 2017 @ 02:55 PM
link   

It's from the hill and its anti-Trump! Well I never.

Is it true or is it not!?

Trump administration Cancelled Ethics training for new staff

Okay, so now all of them start off on the same foot...
No Light allowed in that devolved darkness!

edit on 12-3-2017 by namelesss because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2017 @ 03:01 PM
link   
to me

the Trump team already is steeped in ethics & moral behaviors for the good...
all the past administration needed the training course for was on how-to-squirm-out-of-a-situation

the boss was a race baiter...but the victim was always the aggressor
he wasn't Christian at all... but feigned he was, so as to usher in the Muslim policies & false-flag charity to them

and we won't even approach the all-gender bathroom thing... the past head-honcho was indeed a shattered personality all bandaged together
and He decided that the underlings didn't know from a hill of beans, so had to be schooled with ethics skirting drills/training courses
edit on th31148934930712082017 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2017 @ 04:12 PM
link   
I am sure that the reason that the trump administration does not need this particular class is because they were already briefed about ethics from the "previous administration".

posted on Mar, 12 2017 @ 04:28 PM
link   
I applaud his move here. I am looking forward to the waves of ethic breaches, lawsuits, and eventual impeachment of the god emperor....but hey, vapid stances are loved by the feckless partisans, so the salt mine will be highly entertaining to watch as the alt right crumbles into the most hyper-triggered snowflakes this side of the ice age.

posted on Mar, 12 2017 @ 04:49 PM
link   

After the story was published, a White House spokeswoman said in a statement, "Several sessions on ethics issues were done in the Transition office as a prerequisite to employees being allowed to get on the White House campus for the first time, and get their badges. The Office of the White House Counsel continues to work to provide employees of the Executive Office of the President with direct instruction on the standards they are expected to follow during their employment at the White House."

The Trump team has said it was determined not to spend all of its transition funds, and it returned millions to the government.
To some Republicans, the program could be seen as wasteful.

www.politico.com...

Now, here is one of the "potential bidders", the one who would probably have gotten that million dollar contract.

The Partnership for Public Service -- is a nonprofit (yeah...we know what that means, don't we?...lol). Big Salaries, Big Travel Expenses, Extra $$ for "administrative costs", then expenditure on the reason for the "nonprofit".

Here...take a look at some of this "nonprofit's leadership". Notice some of the connections. ourpublicservice.org...

IMO, $1,000,000 of tax payer money did not need to go to this group or any group like them. (See my first paragraph.)

edit on 12-3-2017 by queenofswords because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2017 @ 05:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: CB328

its anti-Trump!

So facts are anti-Trump now? What a convenient excuse.
Unless they have been approved by the great orange one they are at best fake facts.

<< 1    3 >>

join