It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump administration Cancelled Ethics training for new staff

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2017 @ 10:47 AM
link   
Wow, Tump cancelling ethics training for his staff. Maybe that's because he doesn't believe in ethics, just in being loud and obnoxious and "doing deals"?
Too bad it's we the people who will suffer from his swamp filling administration.

thehill.com...

posted on Mar, 12 2017 @ 10:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: CB328
Wow, Tump cancelling ethics training for his staff. Maybe that's because he doesn't believe in ethics, just in being loud and obnoxious and "doing deals"?
Too bad it's we the people who will suffer from his swamp filling administration.

thehill.com...

the Trump team opted not to have staffers go through the program, which would have covered confirmation hearings, complying with existing laws and orders, dealing with scrutiny from the media and collaborating with lawmakers and agencies.

^^^^how could going through that program be a bad thing?

posted on Mar, 12 2017 @ 10:56 AM
link   
It's from the hill and its anti-Trump! Well I never.

posted on Mar, 12 2017 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Can't wait to hear the excuses on this one.

Can you tell I've had it with the Trump excuses.

posted on Mar, 12 2017 @ 11:01 AM
link   

its anti-Trump!

So facts are anti-Trump now? What a convenient excuse.

posted on Mar, 12 2017 @ 11:01 AM
link   
All of this partisan political crying and boohooing is mighty old...

None of them care about us...Nor have our interests at heart.

Not ones you like or ones you dislike...None of them...

posted on Mar, 12 2017 @ 11:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

Excuse for what?

Firstly let's separate reality from propaganda.
This has nothing to do with not giving ethics information to staff or not requiring them to abide by those ethics.

So the real story is, the Trump admin cancelled a specific course.
I applaud him. Many times these courses are a ridiculous waste of time and money, where staff are asked to spend time running through some stupid intranet or class based rehash of what they already have clearly been briefed on.

So, no time wasted, no money wasted on trainers or software. Personal responsibility to make sure one knows the rules.
Sounds like heaven for those that enjoy being accountable for their actions and despise being herded around like sheep and having their time wasted, plus the tax payer saves $1m.

edit on 12/3/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2017 @ 11:03 AM
link   
a reply to: CB328
Is your comprehension really that poor? Or do you genuinely think what you said makes sense?

posted on Mar, 12 2017 @ 11:04 AM
link   

They've got better stuff to be doing than suffering through your bs classes. If you libturds had your way our days would consist of sensitivity training, ethics classes, then a stop at the welfare offices for sum dat gubment cheese.

Nobody worth a dang in this life pays any attention to y'all anymore as doing so would be like an accomplished baseball player taking hitting lessons from a little leaguer. You liberals are the bottom feeders of our society and I have s feeling that's why all of you spend your time on anonymous internet blogs role playing.

posted on Mar, 12 2017 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Ethics went out the window right behind morals back during the development stages of his presidential campaign, who needs them now?

Hell, I was under the impression that they deliberately ran against ethics & morals as part of his platform.

Now that he's in the White House, he probably didn't want to alienate his base.

edit on 12-3-2017 by Flatfish because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2017 @ 11:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

lol You were through with Trump "excuses" before there were any.

What do you have to offer on the topic?

I think this administration more than any other needs something like this. The way the media has treated them this kind of training would help them cope with the attacks. For all we know though they may have implemented something else a bit more aggressive in the face of the opposition.

posted on Mar, 12 2017 @ 11:23 AM
link   
The ethics training didn't work for Hillary. Why would he keep it?

posted on Mar, 12 2017 @ 11:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: TarzanBeta
The ethics training didn't work for Hillary. Why would he keep it?

Thread winner.

posted on Mar, 12 2017 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Can't violate Ethic's Laws if you never had ethic's training.

Trump logic.

posted on Mar, 12 2017 @ 12:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Swills

Can't violate Ethic's Laws if you never had ethic's training.

Trump logic.

As a lawyer Ethics would have been part of Hilary Clinton's training. It didn't help her stay honest.

posted on Mar, 12 2017 @ 12:18 PM
link   
a reply to: CulturalResilience

Why only attack Hillary when the vast majority of Democrat AND Republican politicians are deeply corrupt?

Is it because of political partisan hackiness? I think so.

Either way, there's a reason for ethics training but sure, let's just give Trump all the excuses in the world because political hack.

posted on Mar, 12 2017 @ 12:18 PM
link   
I read that article and nowhere does it state the content of the "course" other than the bulletin points. It was likely just another waste of taxpayer money that created some job for some schmuck consultant that told people things they already knew. The more government claptrap that is eliminated the happier I will be. Its not like you can teach high ranking politicians ethics and morality anyways.

posted on Mar, 12 2017 @ 12:22 PM
link   
It's redundant. It's costly. It's a waste of time. It's taxpayer money going into the pocket of "potential bidders" (as the OP's article called them.)

In other words, a redundant program run by somebody's crony that takes taxpayer money under the auspices of some "educational" program.

The people that would spend valuable time taking this bs course, are smart enough to read the material and absorb it and sign it stating they read and understand and agree to it.

posted on Mar, 12 2017 @ 12:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Swills
a reply to: CulturalResilience

Why only attack Hillary when the vast majority of Democrat AND Republican politicians are deeply corrupt?

Is it because of political partisan hackiness? I think so.

Either way, there's a reason for ethics training but sure, let's just give Trump all the excuses in the world because political hack.

Let's review our discourse in this thread so far shall we. You make a statement about Trump. I replied with a comment about the woman who ran against him for the presidency. You then call me a partisan political hack in a sanctimonious reply.

Weak sauce.

posted on Mar, 12 2017 @ 12:50 PM
link   

spend valuable time taking this bs course

So learning about the laws for government employees is BS?

Obviously none of you know what you're talking about, as a former government employee I had to take that training, especially on the Hatch act, and it is very relevant and important. Some of the regulations can be confusing, such as the laws concerning receiving gifts, and everyone in government needs to review them from time to time.

Unless of course you want to be a criminal and completely disregard things like laws and conflicts of interest, which Trump has already proven.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join