It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Albuquerque New Mexico - Grand Theft Auto

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2017 @ 12:58 AM
link   
So... My mom and her husband had recently moved to Alabama. Reasons are irrelevant to this post. They were living in Oregon but decided to pack up and head to the south, taking everything they owned with them. As well as a few boxes belonging to me, and stuff belonging to my two siblings. Alabama didn't work out (go figure) so they decided to head back to Oregon. So, they made the preparations, and set out. One white pickup truck pulling their cargo in a trailer, and one Nissan pickup. On the 9th or 10th they landed in ABQ.

Well yesterday (the 11th) at around a quarter after 9AM...

The truck with the trailer was straight up hot-wired and driven off.

Their other truck (the aforementioned Nissan) had the windows smashed in. I'm not sure why they didn't try stealing that vehicle as well. Alarms possibly (iirc my mother). It was rifled through though. I'm not sure if the white truck had alarms or not but.. If so it didn't help. The trailer doors were padlocked, as well as the hitch to the truck.

There was plenty of material loss. Stuff we/they can get over, but still sucks to lose. Clothes, some electronics, tools.. etc.

It will hit my mother most. She had all our "baby books", all the art we'd made as kids in various grades. Notes to her on Mother's Day. All the family photos. All of them. Stuff I could care less about if they didn't mean anything to her. But they do.

Her husband.. well one silver lining is, he is a bit of a hoarder.. So at least some of that stuff, good riddance! Haha.. But he had a collection (albeit very small) of antique Bibles. Which mean a lot to him personally.

Anyway... yeah.

Now, I know this is one of those incredible long shots... but..

If anyone can give any information that could help, after watching the footage below, awesome!

Not likely, Ik.

The footage is of the La Quinta Inn on Menaul NE Blvd.

Apparently, this is quite common in ABQ. And so, I'm not holding out a lot of hope these guys will get caught. Let alone our stuff returned. By now that trailer has been busted into and assessed for value. The unwanted rest.. tossed, or burned.. Or whatever.

What's left is the pets (A dog, and a cat), the dog's favorite rope, some electronics, the clothes they had on. Basically what they took into the hotel room with them. Oh, and the Nissan.

Good thing is they are okay on money, and spirit.

But I'd still like to see these people caught.........

edit on 3-12-2017 by WakeUpBeer because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2017 @ 01:21 AM
link   
Perhaps I am stating the obvious; the guy w the black truck was obviously an accomplice. He drove there to block the view of the theft, likely with the thief in his backseat.
His height could be determined by the dumpster; I hope the cops found the stuff he threw away, as it may yield clues or prints. Even the camera view of him is quite clear, moustache, possibly Hispanic. Certainly enough to go by when they pull over that unique truck!
You must have determined the make and year of truck (SUV). Then, what is that, custom paint job? It looks like blue or whatever color flames all down the hood. Tinted windows... and custom rims.
I suppose the cops have an APB in search of this vehicle. How hard could that be to find?
i think hope is not lost. Sorry for that happening. Wish I had information to help.

edit on 12-3-2017 by ecapsretuo because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-3-2017 by ecapsretuo because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2017 @ 01:25 AM
link   
Those degenerate thieves need a taste of Easy street torture from twd. That sux man.

Good luck w/everything.

posted on Mar, 12 2017 @ 01:31 AM
link   
a reply to: ecapsretuo

Thanks, honestly. I also think hope is lost.

You are correct, as well. The SUV is definitely there to block the act of theft. Looking casual. Throwing # away (which turned out to be empty bags).. popping his trunk. Definite accomplice.

The video I posted obviously is not the original. My mom or her husband just filmed a monitor. For me and probably others it is hard to make out any valuable detail of said accomplice. According to my mother he was "clearly hispanic".

One of the local news groups came and talked to them, and took the security cam footage with them. As of yet I have been unable to find an online report with a clearer video.

As far as that paint job.. To me it looked like it was just the paint peeling or whatever, and not some weird paint job. I could be wrong of course. But to me it just looked like wear and tear of the hood.

posted on Mar, 12 2017 @ 01:43 AM
link   
a reply to: WakeUpBeer

OMG that is horrible. Did the local news put this on TV?

edit on 12-3-2017 by reldra because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2017 @ 01:49 AM
link   
a reply to: reldra

Howdy, reldra! I hope you are well.

Yes, the local news has the footage. According to my mother it ran on several stations. At least one station went and talked to her and her husband. Maybe the story will play tomorrow, or later.. Idk if ever. Hard to say. Honestly, it's not a 'stand out' scenario, unfortunately.

When I did an initial search for car thefts in that area.. well, I had hits. Just not of this particular car jacking. Apparently it's common there. I couldn't tell you why, though. Other than it seems to be easy to get away with.

posted on Mar, 12 2017 @ 01:51 AM
link   

I put it on my Facebook. Losing personal items like that is terrible.

posted on Mar, 12 2017 @ 01:54 AM
link   

Thank you so much!

posted on Mar, 12 2017 @ 01:58 AM
link   

I reached out to a couple people with larger audiences to share the vid. Good luck!

posted on Mar, 12 2017 @ 03:02 AM
link   

Wow! I don't know what to say! Thank you for taking more than a passing interest.

posted on Mar, 12 2017 @ 03:07 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 12 2017 @ 03:12 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 12 2017 @ 03:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: WakeUpBeer

Wow! I don't know what to say! Thank you for taking more than a passing interest.

I've had a car stolen before. And the loss of even one baby picture of my daughter would cause me great distress.
So the 2 together are more than interesting to me

posted on Mar, 12 2017 @ 03:15 AM
link   

Well, I have yet to have any children of my own..

But.. I hate anything that causes my mom distress.

So even though the one part is all down with stolen baby pics..

....I love mom!

Thanks again!

posted on Mar, 12 2017 @ 03:18 AM
link   
We have already put out 'Fraud Alerts' for all of our SSNs as well.

posted on Mar, 12 2017 @ 09:23 AM
link   
Although it may not help regain your mother's property, there is one thing you could possibly chase.
The airbags in vehicles are all serialized and registered. They are in huge demand, and cost a good deal of money to replace, hence the demand.
Have your mother use the vehicles VIN number to find out what the airbag serials were, that way if they end up being resold you have a lead to chase.

It's not much help ,I know, but it's all I got.

Sorry for your family's troubles.

posted on Mar, 12 2017 @ 10:57 AM
link   
War Story:

My truck got broken into when I lived in Hawaii. For the cops it was, "Meh ..."

Sooooo ... I broke out a sniper rifle, parked my truck back out right where it had been broken into before, and waited.

Didn't take long for the cops to show up. Yeah ... they sort of harassed me. No ... they couldn't 'get me' because I had a gold badge ... and I wasn't breaking any laws (hard not to do in Hawaii).

Needless to say, the rate of crime literally dropped to zero while I occupied that hill. In the end, the system turned on, and I wound up walking away financially enriched. 'Somebody' saw to it that I was compensated for the full cost of my truck, all of my diving gear, and the time I spent standing watch. They also busted the assholes who broke into my truck and the pawn shop that received the stolen goods ... but, only because they knew I wasn't going away 'unless'.

And that's how bad they wanted me to not stay up there on that hill. And, I was just being good.

@ WakeUpBeer: I hope that makes you feel a little better. Sometimes, the good guys do win. I'm sorry people close to you experienced Highway Robbery.

posted on Mar, 12 2017 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Found the news story.

krqe.com...

Really gets my blood boiling.

posted on Mar, 12 2017 @ 03:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Natas0114

Hm, definitely interesting information about air bags.

Thank you.

posted on Mar, 12 2017 @ 03:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Snarl

Yeah that story of yours gave me a smile, lol.

Thank you.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join