It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Albuquerque New Mexico - Grand Theft Auto

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2017 @ 03:18 PM
link   
a reply to: WakeUpBeer

Gah! Again! Thats so *ucked.

I hope they get some exposure and things don't all turn to sh*t.

Wish I could do more. Bastards.

posted on Mar, 12 2017 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Your very welcome.
Best of luck.

posted on Mar, 12 2017 @ 03:23 PM
link   
a reply to: TheAlleghenyGentleman

Yeah. I'm not holding my breath, but you never know.

At the very least some exposure helps shine a little light on the overall problem.

That being the rate of car thefts in ABQ.

According to statistics obtained by KOB, car thefts in Albuquerque have nearly tripled in the last three years. A car is stolen just about every hour in the Metro, but city officials say a recent study proves it has nothing to do with low officer numbers.

In 2013, 3,005 cars were reported stolen. That number increased to 3,558 in 2014 and more than 5,000 in 2015. The number last year: 8,040, or 22 a day.

Shaun Willoughby, president of the Albuquerque Police Officers Association, said when the official numbers are released, Albuquerque will be first in the nation in auto thefts.

www.kob.com...

It took the cops a few hours to arrive, after my folks called them. Why?

They were dealing with a stolen vehicle report, apparently.

edit on 3-12-2017 by WakeUpBeer because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2017 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Yeah, that's unacceptable.

posted on Mar, 12 2017 @ 04:39 PM
link   

It's a shame what happened to your parents. I hope they somehow get their trailer back.

Another couple in ABQ who got carjacked apparently had enough and kidnapped a teen,shot him in the ear, beat him, threw him in a hole before finally releasing him. They are under arrest but i hope the kid at least learned a lesson out of it.

According to criminal complaints, the two kidnapped the teen Wednesday afternoon at the 7-Eleven on Carlisle and Candelaria. The teen told officers he was shot in the ear before the couple threw him into the back of a black Charger. Once the boy was inside the vehicle, he says his wrists were zip tied and his ankles bound with rope. He claims they then tased him about 50 times before blindfolding him.

www.koat.com...

posted on Mar, 12 2017 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Vehicle theft is a huge problem here in Albuquerque. Many cars that are stolen are never found simply because the city is surrounded by desert. After a car is stolen it is taken out to the mesa, stripped, and dumped in an arroyo after being set on fire. I am sorry that your family is experiencing this, but it is common here. While out and about, I will keep my eyes open.

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Posting an update.

The truck was found, with the front smashed up. Enough so that it was rendered undrivable. A day or so later, the trailer was also found. It was in the backyard of an abandoned house. Not sure how far apart the truck was from the trailer. The officer in touch with my folks believes the culprits were startled by something while going through the trailer, and fled the scene. To my mother's delight, the officer confirmed the presence of "baby books".

There are some valuables too. Nobody is quite sure how much was left and how much was taken, at this point. My folks left ABQ the day they discovered what happened, and have made it back to Oregon. The truck is being held, free of charge, thanks to a kind citizen of ABQ. The trailer is in impound gathering fees which the insurance won't pay for. However my folks insurance agent is trying to work that out so it will be covered.

Many kind people from all around, but particularly ABQ, were very helpful! Let it be known that the criminal side of ABQ most certainly does not reflect everyone there. One of my mom's friends started a GoFundMe, and with the story going around social media, it met its goal very quickly! Thank you, generous people. Whomever you may be.

The next step is to have the truck repaired. Then my mom's husband will fly back down and drive everything that remains back up to Oregon.

Also of interest, the Suburban in the video was located. Officer's pulled over the man who was driving and discovered he had very recently purchased it for the nominal price of $100. As far as I know they confirmed he was not involved.

edit on 3-20-2017 by WakeUpBeer because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 06:31 PM
link   

A little good news/little bad news...

So glad you got the baby books back

Thanks for the update and glad for the update!

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 06:34 PM
link   
a reply to: TNMockingbird

Thanks!

top topics

<< 1   >>

join