It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Young Buck, A Pixies Road Show, and Other Concert Talk

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2017 @ 03:00 PM
link   
a reply to: RickyD

LOL, hearing that Dave Matthews is a douche somehow doesn't surprise me at all! Douchy music kinda. And douchy whiny delivery (IMO)

Great stories, thank you! I agree that treating every single person on this planet with respect but as a human, not some sort of superman, is the best way to go!!!

BTW: Doesn't Snoop put on a great show? You can tell he loves what he does, which makes all the difference. I actually saw him right after Bootsie Collins (who was amazing) and thought they would do a collab.. was majorly dissappointed they didn't but it was still incredible.
edit on 11-3-2017 by zosimov because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2017 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Oh yeah, thought I'd say my very first concert (minus the operas my parents took me to) without parents, with a neighbor, when we were 14, was Green Day.

That began a love of live music/watching musicians play live.

I love that you can see the music move the musician if he/she is really a true artist. The visual of a musician feeling his/her music in his own unique way is striking.

posted on Mar, 11 2017 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Super cool, man!

Thanks for the stories and such, was always intrigued by the music biz, (un?)fortunately that ship has probbaly sailed for me, glad you're having a good time doing it.

That's funny about Kid Rock. I'm not a fan of his "brand" but being from the same area as him I have interacted with him here and there.. even used to brew his beer.. and you're right he's an alright dude.

Never been a Dave Mathews fan.
Didn't they dump their tour bus $hitter on some boaters or something ?

a reply to: RickyD

posted on Mar, 11 2017 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Haven't been to a show in a few years, but the wife just bought tickets to see The Mountain Goats in may down in L.A. Super stoked about that. I saw The Mars Volta in denver years ago. Amazing show. Alkaline Trio in denver, kansas, and Omaha. Cursive in lincoln. My buddy ran a booking agency in kearney, ne for years. He'd bring bands into town sometimes.

I saw cory feldman's band at a bar in nebraska. Hilarious.

All really good shows.

posted on Mar, 11 2017 @ 05:01 PM
link   
a reply to: denybedoomed

Man, I do love The Mars Volta..
but what really has me intrigued is the Cory Feldman band.. sounds really awesome if you ask me.

Oh I almost forgot to write about Mishawaka.. what a venue!

also Telluride CO has one of the most gorgeous settings on the planet.. there are quite a bit of festivals there. Highly recommended to all who can travel and are looking for fun!

posted on Mar, 11 2017 @ 06:24 PM
link   
a reply to: zosimov

Snoop does put on a great show...And in my experience hip hop artist seem to be some of the worst to work for...They usually don't take care of their crew as good as any other genre I've worked for...Country has been the best by far. Anyway he was great, and had some great herbal remedies lol. Last time he played in VA Beach was I think 7-8 years prior and when that show happened apparently he had a package mailed up for him...The runner from the venue ended up getting busted picking it up...It was of course a bunch of weed. The runner protested he was just working for the venue and the package was for snoop...So the police went to the venue and snoop dipped. At least that's how I was told lol.

posted on Mar, 11 2017 @ 07:13 PM
link   
a reply to: SteamyJeans

I never heard about that one, however in his hometown at the John Paul Jones center, the arena at UVA, he made a big old stink about some of our stagehands sitting at the same table as him...Not bothering him mind you and the tables were long not like a small round table where a bunch of guys are staring you in the face. I have also heard from someone who used to room with the sax player that he locked up his trash so people couldn't come collect the very expensive wine bottles which he threw out. That type of looking down on people earned him my sentiments towards him...Plus dumping his crapper on some people sounds right up his alley tbh.

posted on Mar, 12 2017 @ 03:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: RickyD

Snoop does put on a great show...And in my experience hip hop artist seem to be some of the worst to work for...They usually don't take care of their crew as good as any other genre I've worked for...Country has been the best by far. Anyway he was great, and had some great herbal remedies lol. Last time he played in VA Beach was I think 7-8 years prior and when that show happened apparently he had a package mailed up for him...The runner from the venue ended up getting busted picking it up...It was of course a bunch of weed. The runner protested he was just working for the venue and the package was for snoop...So the police went to the venue and snoop dipped. At least that's how I was told lol.

Ha ha oops! Thanks again for the great stories!

posted on Mar, 12 2017 @ 08:22 PM
link   

I saw volta shortly after de loused was released. I'm a huge ATDI fan so it was amazing. Seeing omar perform up close was a crazy experience. Haven't really kept up with their newer stuff. But i'll never forget that show.

posted on Mar, 19 2017 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Went to the Young Buck show on Thurs.. it was great!!!!

What a party. It was the day after Buck's birthday.. and I'm pretty sure he said it was also his first show since he got out of jail.. (?)
Some hipster/tribal/crazed bearded dude tried to start a fight right in front of me, but was taken down in a headlock by this BIG chick in the audience.. she had him pinned right on the stage in front of Young Buck. It was pretty funny.

He'll be touring with G-Unit later this year but I'm so glad I went to that first show.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join