It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Report: 15 Million People Will Lose Health Coverage Under GOP Repeal Bill

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2017 @ 05:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: bender151
a reply to: amazing

Well, it's never been off the table... so. In fact, from the get go, they've said that will stay. Also, when has it ever been about making anything affordable? Nothing has actually become more affordable, as I clearly laid out. the government just spends more money they don't have. The only REAL solution is job creation... and not the kind that replaces one full time job with two part time ones with no benefits.

Well the pre existing condition clause made it affordable for us. And that was good for millions of people. The mental healthcare stuff that could be shelved is making it affordable for my family member. She won't be able to afford life saving meds.

So it really was about making it affordable.

posted on Mar, 10 2017 @ 05:17 PM
link   
a reply to: syrinx high priest

You know it's bad when even many on the rightwing can't support this plan.

Single payer. The only viable answer imo. ACA was a hackjob concocted by the Heritage Foundation in the early 2000s. Trumpcare is worse.

posted on Mar, 10 2017 @ 05:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Southern Guardian

You answer my question. How do you feel about the millions set to lose under Trumpcare? No feelings? Let's just wait and see?

How do I feel?

Meh.

That's how I feel.

Quit relying on the government to survive.

posted on Mar, 10 2017 @ 05:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Southern Guardian

Single payer. The only viable answer imo. ACA was a hackjob concocted by the Heritage Foundation in the early 2000s. Trumpcare is worse.

Ah yes, single payer ... when you health care will begin to heal as well as the public schools educate.

posted on Mar, 10 2017 @ 05:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: ColdWisdom

Truth!

posted on Mar, 10 2017 @ 05:21 PM
link   
How can You loose something when it wasn't Yours to begin with? Did these people actually buy their own healthcare or did they force the tax payer to pay for it? I have no sympathy for people whom enable a corrupt violent government and vote for that government to destroy the lives of their neighbors.

posted on Mar, 10 2017 @ 05:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

originally posted by: ColdWisdom

Truth!

The Government is restricting access. The real truth is they will infringe on you if you 'survive' on them or not, and you will pay taxes if you want to or not, and you're entitled to a political opinion because of this if you have one, or not.

posted on Mar, 10 2017 @ 05:24 PM
link   
a reply to: ColdWisdom

How elitist of you. Those folks struggling must be government bums right? This is the talking point many on the right fall back on when they run out of defence.

You know I know plenty of hard working folks - 9-5 hours... factory workers, with families. They struggle with the cost of these healthcare bills. Heck even some of them struggle despite the coverage they have due to policy conditions. They're not government bums, they're not lazy. But you'd just sweep them under the rug and stereotype them to fit your world view.

This is a serious issue and whether you choose to admit it or not, it's going to continue impacting the economy. It's only going to get worse.

posted on Mar, 10 2017 @ 05:28 PM
link   

In my opinion, people shouldn't have opinions.

posted on Mar, 10 2017 @ 05:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: syrinx high priest

originally posted by: AppreIron

I don't know who you are guy. The fact is by allowing both the haves and have nots access to the same quality of care, the haves quality of care decreases while the have nots may increase. This is proven affect of market forces in healthcare in both Canada and NHS; wait times increase and general quality of care decreases. More so when profit incentives are limited biotech and university system R and D deceases, a forum the USA leads in by miles.

I could not care less about your family. I care about my family, and I am unwilling to reduce the quality of care for me and mine for the benefit of you and yours.

please stop with the have not thing. its 100% irrelevant.

watch the video, you will learn a lot

Watched the video, still would rather pay my own way and get the best quality of care available than limit businesses profit incentives and subsidize care for others which deceases quality of care and increases wait time.

posted on Mar, 10 2017 @ 05:30 PM
link   

This attrition can be averted by activating a government funded high-risk pool for low-income Americans and for those with serious medical conditions.

Withholding a few billion $$ that we give to countries who leech off of America, would fund much of this pool. America First.

posted on Mar, 10 2017 @ 05:31 PM
link   

How elitist of you. Those folks struggling must be government bums right? This is the talking point many on the right fall back on when they run out of defence.

Yea, I'm so elitist that I haven't had health insurance since I was 22, I'm 28 now. Fortunately for me I'm healthy and only get sick maybe twice a year.

And if I wasn't so lucky to be in good health, I wouldn't think it to be a safe strategy to bet on the federal government to keep me on life support.

At some point you have to take responsibility for yourself, or at least strive to.

posted on Mar, 10 2017 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Single failure you mean? Ryancare you mean?

posted on Mar, 10 2017 @ 05:33 PM
link   

I don't know who you are guy. The fact is by allowing both the haves and have nots access to the same quality of care, the haves quality of care decreases while the have nots may increase. This is proven affect of market forces in healthcare in both Canada and NHS; wait times increase and general quality of care decreases. More so when profit incentives are limited biotech and university system R and D deceases, a forum the USA leads in by miles.

I could not care less about your family. I care about my family, and I am unwilling to reduce the quality of care for me and mine for the benefit of you and yours.

Watched the video, still would rather pay my own way and get the best quality of care available than limit businesses profit incentives and subsidize care for others which deceases quality of care and increases wait time.

If your plan isn't to take advantage of a subsidized security pool and probably much more financial opportunity and handling than a standard investment, that's your loss. Even rich people finance things. In fact, rich people that are smart only finance things. An insurance pool can be billions of dollars, collective interest on that reduces subsidies. It's a basic mathematical plan.

The question in America is the maze of pools to choose from and what is a scam and what isn't. Canada has 1 pool.
edit on 10-3-2017 by MacK80 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2017 @ 05:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: MacK80

If your plan isn't to take advantage of a subsidized security pool and probably much more financial opportunity and handling than a standard investment, that's your loss. Even rich people finance things. In fact, rich people that are smart only finance things. An insurance pool can be billions of dollars, collective interest on that reduces subsidies. It's a basic mathematical plan.

The question in America is the maze of pools to choose from and what is a scam and what isn't. Canada has 1 pool.

I pay into an insurance pool and receive quality care. What I'm against is both subsiding others pool pass for my pool and having one national pool.

posted on Mar, 10 2017 @ 05:58 PM
link   
a reply to: ColdWisdom

Yea, I'm so elitist

You are elitist. You just stereotyped millions of americans struggling financially because of healthcare. You think they are government bums. How do you sleep at night with this kind of mindset?

that I haven't had health insurance since I was 22, I'm 28 now. Fortunately for me I'm healthy and only get sick maybe twice a year.

It is fortunate. There are many others that are not as fortunate as you. My uncle was born with type one diabetes, severe. Healthcare costs through the roof. He worked, pays the bills, not dependent on the government. It's unfortunate he was born this way. My cousin has a severe case of asthma. Her inhalers and trips to the hospitals are costly. She was born this way. She has to keep a nebuliser close to her. Fortunately she has coverage, at a cost. She dances in a spare time so she's active.

Just because you've been fortunate doesn't mean everybody else is. You need to get out of that small world of yours and understand everybody is different, born under different circumstances. This attitude of 'I'm fine so why should I care" is what's partly caused this mess we're in with healthcare in the first place.

posted on Mar, 10 2017 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Elitist is wanting a mandate, demanding that I pay into, a socialized healthcare system.

The elitists are the ones most upset.

Healthcare should always be an individual choice.

posted on Mar, 10 2017 @ 06:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
Millions lost their insurance when Obamacare was enacted.

How many lost their insurance? And where's your source?

Me and hundreds in my city lost healthcare when unACA was enacted.

I'm sure my story was repeated hundreds/thousands of times across the US.
edit on Fri Mar 10 2017 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2017 @ 06:33 PM
link   
This is not a complex issue

The barbaric conservative republicans just don’t care about human beings. All they care for is the wealth of the wealthy

This problem can be solved so easily

SINGLE PAYER!

It’s the conservative GOP who won't allow the simplest and best solution...SINGLE PAYER

Thousands will die because of them and they don't give a dam

And the greedy selfish electorate of this country who have good insurance don't give a dam about their poorer fellow American.

Also, all those lower middle class whites who voted for Trump in those swing states will be very very sorry

posted on Mar, 10 2017 @ 06:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

Single payer can only be accomplished if you take away the individual's right to choose his/her healthcare.

You want to remove freedoms.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join