It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CA Dems: Someone Knowingly Infecting You With HIV Should Only Be A Misdemeanor Offense!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 07:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Abysha

Very true. Especially if a condom wasn't used in regard to HIV and one person knew they had it. That, I would call intentional. That is the one thing and possibly syphillis that people are most afraid of.

Otherwise, if both didn't ask the question and a condom wasn't used, who's fault?

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 07:59 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

Such a weak attempt at defaming Dems and those with HIV. Ridiculous.

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 08:00 PM
link   
From your source:

SB 239 updates California criminal law to approach transmission of HIV in the same way as transmission of other serious communicable diseases. It also brings California statutes up to date with the current understanding of HIV prevention, treatment and transmission. Specifically, it eliminates several HIV-specific criminal laws that impose harsh and draconian penalties, including for activities that do not risk exposure or transmission of HIV. It would make HIV subject to the laws that apply to other serious communicable diseases, thereby removing discrimination and stigma for people living with HIV, and maintaining public health.

Sounds reasonable to me.

infolurker: Sound reasonable to you?
edit on 9-3-2017 by reldra because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 09:24 PM
link   
It's simple get all the crazies in one place then infect them all cure the population in 15 to 20 years

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 09:27 PM
link   
a reply to: bluesjr

Trying to get Charlie Sheen off the hook for those two girls

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 09:27 PM
link   
a reply to: reldra

Except for the fact that if you get it, you aren't getting rid of it and if it isn't treated appropriately for the rest of your life with expensive anti-virals, it will likely kill you ... so if someone knowingly exposes you to that without you knowing it's a bit more serious than forgetting to tell your partner about that troublesome case of herpes.

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 09:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: reldra

Except for the fact that if you get it, you aren't getting rid of it and if it isn't treated appropriately for the rest of your life with expensive anti-virals, it will likely kill you ... so if someone knowingly exposes you to that without you knowing it's a bit more serious than forgetting to tell your partner about that troublesome case of herpes.

Exactly! Sure, it's "survivable" but only if it's cared for and at great expense. Poverty is "survivable" also but if I'm poor because somebody stole my life's savings, I want them in jail (or cleaning my pool).

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 09:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: reldra
a reply to: Abysha

if both didn't ask the question and a condom wasn't used, who's fault?

If one knows for a fact they are infected, only they can be at fault. How is that not true? You're not actually saying the unknowing victim can be at fault?

I'm not big on the idea of blaming victims, in particular when the person doing the wrong, knows for a fact they are doing wrong.

A felony is justified and if it does not match other laws regarding knowingly giving a potentially fatal disease to someone, the other laws need to be upgraded to a felony also. Risking others lives can't ever be right and unknowing victims can never be at fault.

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 10:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: reldra

Such a weak attempt at defaming Dems and those with HIV. Ridiculous.

I see nothing weak about it.... Democrats sponsoring a bill to make the law lenient to someone who knowingly has HIV intentionally exposing others to the virus without telling them.

You find this acceptable? Really, how would you feel if it happened to you, your child, or someone else you care about damned to a life of expensive drugs and possible death. I have very little sympathy for someone who would knowingly do this.

www.nbcsandiego.com...

Several lawmakers are promoting a bill by state Sen. Scott Wiener, D-San Francisco, that would make it a misdemeanor instead of a felony to intentionally expose someone to HIV, the virus that causes the immune system-weakening disease AIDS. The change would treat HIV like other communicable diseases under California law.

Under current law, if a person who knows they are infected with HIV has unprotected sex without telling their partner they have the virus, they can be convicted of a felony and face years of jail time. Intentional transmission of any other communicable disease, even a potentially deadly condition like hepatitis, is a misdemeanor.

I think charging someone under these circumstances with a felony is not a bad thing.

Oh, and the sponsors of the Bill

Sponsors

Name Type Sponsorship

Senator Scott Wiener [D] Primary
Assemblymember Todd Gloria [D]
Assemblymember David Chiu [D]
Assemblymember Susan Eggman [D]
edit on 9-3-2017 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 10:04 PM
link   

I'm sure the same Tard-ashians would make second-hand smoke a felony.

####ing idiots.

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 10:05 PM
link   
I don't understand why so many people are surprised by the crazy laws, crazy taxes, and crazy people, in the state that's ran by the Three Stooges. (PELOSI - FEINSTEIN - BROWN)

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Once again California showcases their overwhelming stupidity. I feel sorry for all the normal people that live there and have to deal with crap like this.

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 10:12 PM
link   
And when they wanted to secede, they seemed so puzzled when so many in the rest of country simply said, "Buh-bye!"

posted on Mar, 10 2017 @ 05:25 AM
link   
I grew up in California lived here pretty much all my life,majority of these liberal idiot's aren't from here,we have recall efforts out,the liberal's are intent on destroying our state,and the ignorance involved,giving money away,and at the same time raising taxes,crying for more federal funds,we need to have an uprising,we used to be such a great state till liberal's came in power,a state with 6th largest economy of the world,yet these fools run it in the red

posted on Mar, 10 2017 @ 05:45 AM
link   
Let us lower the voting age and make it legal to personally inject death into another human being.

Misdemeanor is basically another word for "foul". Those are used in sports as an aspect of strategy.

I'll never get why democrats want their voter base to be a bunch of meatheads. Who feels glorified looking out at a bunch of people you manipulated and destroyed?

Ugly.

posted on Mar, 10 2017 @ 06:07 AM
link   

I am a leftist.

I think this is a bloody travesty. Deliberately infecting someone with a condition like HIV is tantamount to attempted murder, becoming murder at the moment that individual passes away from the disease.

posted on Mar, 10 2017 @ 06:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit

I am a leftist.

I think this is a bloody travesty. Deliberately infecting someone with a condition like HIV is tantamount to attempted murder, becoming murder at the moment that individual passes away from the disease.

See? I think this is something most of us agree on.

To put it differently, insulin dependent diabetes is something you can live a long life with if you manage the condition correctly, but without constant medical care, medication and attention, you will die. Now imagine if someone with that disease could infect others with it by accidentally exposing them to blood or body fluids. That would be a similar situation to this.

Sad as it would be, it would make diabetes sufferers live under an extra level of scrutiny by necessity because their condition could be passed on to others, and even though no one catching the condition would have to die from it thanks to modern medicine, the reality would also be that the only reason people with it aren't dying is likewise thanks to modern medicine and you would have to live with that reality for the rest of your life.

So would we feel much differently about diabetes as we do now about HIV?

posted on Mar, 10 2017 @ 06:39 AM
link   
a reply to: watchitburn

Yes. I don't think the human race and all mythical and movie characters they invented combined have enough palms for this type of idiocy..

If you knowingly infect some one with a life threatening disease it should be called what it is: attempted murder. At the Very least GBH.

posted on Mar, 10 2017 @ 07:03 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

If diabetes could be transmitted between people, and someone was to give someone else that disease deliberately, then no, I would not treat these things as being any different what so ever.

I would say that the act of deliberately transmitting a lethal disease from one person to another, regardless of what it is called, ought to carry a penalty at least as bad as attempted murder.

posted on Mar, 10 2017 @ 07:10 AM
link   

Personally, I feel as though knowingly transmissing any STD without disclosing it should be a felony.

I'd much rather someone stab me in the leg than give me the herps, and leg stabs are definitely felonies.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join