It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Abortion Advocates Want to Silence Pro-Life People Praying at a Local Abortion Clinic

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2017 @ 10:29 AM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

Since when do Christians think that "prayer = protest"?

"And when you pray, do not be like the hypocrites, for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and on the street corners to be seen by others. Truly I tell you, they have received their reward in full.
Jesus (Christ) of Nazareth

Pick on and stick with it! You can't have it both ways!

posted on Mar, 10 2017 @ 10:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: ElGoobero

word quibbling. what 'choice'? the choice of abortion. of course they are pro-abortion.

Such willful ignorance. Amazing.

No, let's break it down real slowly. Pro-Life and Pro-Abortion would mean NO CHOICE. Pro-Life is NO CHOICE other than having the baby. Pro-Abortion would mean NO CHOICE other than having an Abortion.

Pro-Choice on the other hand means being allowed to choose either one. That's what a choice is.

Pro-Lifers are just as authoritative as Pro-Abortionists, which btw don't exist. There are no Pro-Abortionists because that is just dumb. So what we have is authoritative Pro-Lifers who take away all but one choice and Pro-Choice people who like ideas like allowing people to make their own decisions in life.

They aren't the tyrants. The Pro-Lifers are. Pretty simple stuff.

posted on Mar, 10 2017 @ 10:43 AM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

That is an unassailable explanation.

Bloody good job.

posted on Mar, 10 2017 @ 12:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: pteridine

originally posted by: snowspirit
First, it's pro-choice, no one is "pro-abortion".

Second, prayers belong at home, or in a church (or religious centre).

Doesn't Jesus actually say that?

It is no one else's business what a woman and her doctor decide on her reproductive choices.

If it's against your belief, don't do it.

I see this as a selective silencing of protestors. So these protestors are going to do this for 40 days and say they aren't harassing anyone or blocking access. What is the problem? Is this not politically correct enough? If those that are using the clinic are so unsure of their decision that they may not go through with it because of a prayer group, maybe they should rethink their decision.
In the US we have all sorts of protests; #BLM comes to mind as most recent. These protestors are saying that all lives matter but they must be silenced.

I said it's none of their business.

And it isn't.

Did I say they don't have a right to protest?

Your statement seems self inconsistent. I'm glad that you give them permission to protest but if they are protesting, haven't they made it their business? Are not many protests for a perceived good of the whole and are they not protesting for their perception of the good of the whole? It doesn't seem that they are singling out individuals so it is rather a general protest.
As the morning after pill becomes more readily available and the careless and uneducated discover it, less abortions will be performed. Abortions are mainly for the convenience of the parents of the child who is being aborted and not the result of "rape and incest;" a transparent appeal to emotion. As I remember, testimony before Congress in the late 60's had claims of 50,000 women dying every year from botched abortions, a ludicrous SWAG number that exceeded highway deaths, which was clearly another appeal to emotion. It worked and abortions became legal. People marched and prayed to repeal Roe v. Wade but to no avail. Both political parties continue to milk this vote-getting issue. The GOP uses it to appeal to the religious right but never really attempts to repeal it. The Dems use the possibility of repeal to get scare votes, even though many women would not want or need the procedure. The SCOTUS will never strike down the law because it has been affirmed on several challenges but it is in neither party's best interests to tell the voters that.

Ladies caught in unwanted pregnancies will continue to have a choice to remedy their situations. Prayer groups will continue to pray and try to educate those ladies on what they are really doing. The world will continue to turn.

posted on Mar, 11 2017 @ 12:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit
a reply to: uncommitted

Twenty feet?

I thought as much. Far from the entrance, my hairy buttocks. Whoever writes these articles needs a lesson in journalism.

They are literally standing just across from where cars and ambulances park to allow the passenger to open their door and walk into the main entrance. Call it two cars width.
edit on 11-3-2017 by uncommitted because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2017 @ 01:04 PM
link   

It is no one else's business what a woman and her doctor decide on her reproductive choices.

I see this as a selective silencing of protestors. So these protestors are going to do this for 40 days and say they aren't harassing anyone or blocking access. What is the problem? Is this not politically correct enough? If those that are using the clinic are so unsure of their decision that they may not go through with it because of a prayer group, maybe they should rethink their decision.
In the US we have all sorts of protests; #BLM comes to mind as most recent. These protestors are saying that all lives matter but they must be silenced.

And it isn't.

Your statement seems self inconsistent. I'm glad that you give them permission to protest but if they are protesting, haven't they made it their business? Are not many protests for a perceived good of the whole and are they not protesting for their perception of the good of the whole? It doesn't seem that they are singling out individuals so it is rather a general protest.
As the morning after pill becomes more readily available and the careless and uneducated discover it, less abortions will be performed. Abortions are mainly for the convenience of the parents of the child who is being aborted and not the result of "rape and incest;" a transparent appeal to emotion. As I remember, testimony before Congress in the late 60's had claims of 50,000 women dying every year from botched abortions, a ludicrous SWAG number that exceeded highway deaths, which was clearly another appeal to emotion. It worked and abortions became legal. People marched and prayed to repeal Roe v. Wade but to no avail. Both political parties continue to milk this vote-getting issue. The GOP uses it to appeal to the religious right but never really attempts to repeal it. The Dems use the possibility of repeal to get scare votes, even though many women would not want or need the procedure. The SCOTUS will never strike down the law because it has been affirmed on several challenges but it is in neither party's best interests to tell the voters that.

Ladies caught in unwanted pregnancies will continue to have a choice to remedy their situations. Prayer groups will continue to pray and try to educate those ladies on what they are really doing. The world will continue to turn.

Define "Good of the Whole".

Protesting is one thing - - its a right. Do I think its any of their business? NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Mar, 11 2017 @ 07:57 PM
link   

And it isn't.

Protesting is one thing - - its a right. Do I think its any of their business? NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The good of the whole is the common good; that which is good for the majority.

There are women among the protesters, so it may well be their business. Some women incur physical and psychological damage from the procedures and may be trying to warn others.
edit on 3/11/2017 by pteridine because: spelling

posted on Mar, 11 2017 @ 11:07 PM
link   

And it isn't.

Reduced population. Less damage to natural resources.

Abortion's should be 100% free through government.

And still no one else's business, except the woman and her doctor.

There are women among the protesters, so it may well be their business. Some women incur physical and psychological damage from the procedures and may be trying to warn others.

I've had an abortion. Please do not tell me what women think who go through an abortion.

Besides that - - my first pregnancy was a 4th month spontaneous abortion when I was 21 years old - - married.

Oh and I have 2 living children too.

edit on 11-3-2017 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2017 @ 12:15 AM
link   

Yeah, they can have the abortions in their own homes like prayers.

How bout that?

Then there won't be any protesters to make them feel any guilt.

posted on Mar, 12 2017 @ 01:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: burgerbuddy

Yeah, they can have the abortions in their own homes like prayers.

How bout that?

Then there won't be any protesters to make them feel any guilt.

I've had an abortion and I do not have guilt.

Anger is more like it.

Your God beliefs are not welcomed.

posted on Mar, 12 2017 @ 02:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm

word quibbling. what 'choice'? the choice of abortion. of course they are pro-abortion.

Such willful ignorance. Amazing.

No, let's break it down real slowly. Pro-Life and Pro-Abortion would mean NO CHOICE. Pro-Life is NO CHOICE other than having the baby. Pro-Abortion would mean NO CHOICE other than having an Abortion.

Pro-Choice on the other hand means being allowed to choose either one. That's what a choice is.

Pro-Lifers are just as authoritative as Pro-Abortionists, which btw don't exist. There are no Pro-Abortionists because that is just dumb. So what we have is authoritative Pro-Lifers who take away all but one choice and Pro-Choice people who like ideas like allowing people to make their own decisions in life.

They aren't the tyrants. The Pro-Lifers are. Pretty simple stuff.

"We want to force you to not kill your unborn baby." ooh, scary.
[for the record I'd have no issue with abortions in the case of rape or severe medical reasons.]

How about offering parents school choice instead of forcing them to go to (often failed) government schools?

"I'm not necessarily in favor of abortions, but I concede the right to them. After all, it's her body."
"I'm not necessarily in favor of killing all the Jews, but I concede the right to that. After all, it's their country."

posted on Mar, 12 2017 @ 03:13 PM
link   
a reply to: ElGoobero

"I'm not necessarily in favor of killing all the Jews, but I concede the right to that. After all, it's their country."

What?

posted on Mar, 12 2017 @ 03:30 PM
link   

"We want to force you to not kill your unborn baby." ooh, scary.
[for the record I'd have no issue with abortions in the case of rape or severe medical reasons.]

So you make exceptions to your Pro-Life stance after all. Just as long as it's you who gets to decide what those are for everyone. Typical position of an authoritarian.

How about offering parents school choice instead of forcing them to go to (often failed) government schools?

People do have that choice. Kids are made to go to school but you have choices on what school they go to if you want.

"I'm not necessarily in favor of abortions, but I concede the right to them. After all, it's her body."

You win the award for the dumbest argument of this thread with that. Good for you. Those two statements aren't even close to being comparable to each other.
edit on 12-3-2017 by mOjOm because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2017 @ 04:05 PM
link   

And it isn't.

Reduced population. Less damage to natural resources.

Abortion's should be 100% free through government.

And still no one else's business, except the woman and her doctor.

I've had an abortion. Please do not tell me what women think who go through an abortion.

I did not tell you what women who go through an abortion think. I said "Some women incur physical and psychological damage from the procedures and may be trying to warn others." Some women do incur physical and psychological damage from the procedure. Many don't. I do not know what the protestors think. They are not hurting anyone so why not let them protest?

posted on Mar, 12 2017 @ 04:21 PM
link   
I like the phrases "forced birth" and "pro-choice"....I think what pro-choice people should do is get blow-up pictures of women who have had botched illegal abortions, and I mean as bloody as can be found, even show the poor women that had bled out and died, because there was nowhere else to go. go into the very churches where these religious nuts come from and show these huge in-color pictures.

posted on Mar, 12 2017 @ 04:24 PM
link   

"Some women incur physical and psychological damage from the procedures and may be trying to warn others." Some women do incur physical and psychological damage from the procedure.

As do many woman forced to carry to term and have a child they do not want.

posted on Mar, 12 2017 @ 04:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

annee, I don't know why these nuts want to still control women's bodies in this day and age. my wife of 34 years had a spontaneous abortion after 2 1/2 months into it, when we were trying to have another kid (we have 1 son now) back in the 80's. the emotional rollarcoaster we both went through was hard. for these "forced-birth on demand" people to say that women somehow are so cavalier about having an abortion, is truly disgusting and shows how UN-CHRISTIAN they really are.

posted on Mar, 12 2017 @ 05:17 PM
link   

"Some women incur physical and psychological damage from the procedures and may be trying to warn others." Some women do incur physical and psychological damage from the procedure.

While that is true, the protesters are not forcing anything.

It would seem to be better for all to provide birth control and avoid invasive medical procedures.

posted on Mar, 12 2017 @ 05:23 PM
link   

While that is true, the protesters are not forcing anything.

It would seem to be better for all to provide birth control and avoid invasive medical procedures.

Its NONE OF THEIR BUSINESS.

If they don't believe in abortion - - then its not right for them.

"ME" is not their business

posted on Mar, 12 2017 @ 05:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: jimmyx
a reply to: Annee

annee, I don't know why these nuts want to still control women's bodies in this day and age. my wife of 34 years had a spontaneous abortion after 2 1/2 months into it, when we were trying to have another kid (we have 1 son now) back in the 80's. the emotional rollarcoaster we both went through was hard. for these "forced-birth on demand" people to say that women somehow are so cavalier about having an abortion, is truly disgusting and shows how UN-CHRISTIAN they really are.

Oh Yeah! My first at age 21 was a 4th month spontaneous abortion. Then they had to stick me in the maternity wing with the mom's holding their babies - - because the hospital was under construction.

After that I had 2 children. But, their father was jealous of them and they were beginning to show signs of emotional abuse. I had to divorce him for their sake. Divorce is very emotional as well. My husband and I had a cry fest and had sex - - and I got pregnant. I was on birth control, but had thrown it up due to colitis.

I choose the welfare and needs of my LIVING CHILDREN - - - over bringing another child into this mess.

I have no regrets or guilt.

It simply is NO ONE ELSE'S BUSINESS.

edit on 12-3-2017 by Annee because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join