It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Abortion Advocates Want to Silence Pro-Life People Praying at a Local Abortion Clinic

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2017 @ 05:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: snowspirit
First, it's pro-choice, no one is "pro-abortion".
Second, prayers belong at home, or in a church (or religious centre).
At a hospital, for this subject, it's just a protest.

How anti-1st Amendment of you.

posted on Mar, 12 2017 @ 06:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: pteridine

"Some women incur physical and psychological damage from the procedures and may be trying to warn others." Some women do incur physical and psychological damage from the procedure.

As do many woman forced to carry to term and have a child they do not want.

While that is true, the protesters are not forcing anything.

It would seem to be better for all to provide birth control and avoid invasive medical procedures.

Its NONE OF THEIR BUSINESS.

If they don't believe in abortion - - then its not right for them.

"ME" is not their business

Obviously, this is too emotional an issue for you.

The protestors are just making their position known as many other protestors do.

posted on Mar, 12 2017 @ 08:11 PM
link   
(sigh)
abortion debates are a dime a dozen. none of us are saying anything we haven't heard before. nobody is changing anybody's mind.

back to the topic. why is it leftists constantly protest about anything and everything but want to throw a hissy fit when some conservatives protest? none of their business? so nobody can protest anything unless they're directly involved?

conservatives grumble about the code pinkos and Occupy Whatever but nobody tries to shut them down.

posted on Mar, 12 2017 @ 08:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: jimmyx
I like the phrases "forced birth" and "pro-choice"....I think what pro-choice people should do is get blow-up pictures of women who have had botched illegal abortions, and I mean as bloody as can be found, even show the poor women that had bled out and died, because there was nowhere else to go. go into the very churches where these religious nuts come from and show these huge in-color pictures.

Oh yeah, good idea.

Now make a list of how many MLK's, Einstein's, Michaelangelo's, Tom Brady's, Mozart's, people just like you and me, were aborted.

Oh wait, you can't.

edit on 3 12 2017 by burgerbuddy because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2017 @ 09:07 PM
link   

"Some women incur physical and psychological damage from the procedures and may be trying to warn others." Some women do incur physical and psychological damage from the procedure.

It would seem to be better for all to provide birth control and avoid invasive medical procedures.

The protestors are just making their position known as many other protestors do.

It is my reality that I had an abortion. However, that was almost 40 years ago.

I have no regrets - - nor do I have any guilt feelings. Where is the "too emotional"?

How difficult is to grasp "IT IS NOT YOUR BUSINESS?".

Show me where I said Protesters Can't Protest. They are protected by the first amendment (in the US).

posted on Mar, 12 2017 @ 09:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: burgerbuddy

Now make a list of how many MLK's, Einstein's, Michaelangelo's, Tom Brady's, Mozart's, people just like you and me, were aborted.

Who the hell cares what never existed in the first place.

posted on Mar, 12 2017 @ 09:23 PM
link   

People with empathy care. Those people did exist, before they were terminated.

posted on Mar, 12 2017 @ 09:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Teikiatsu

People with empathy care. Those people did exist, before they were terminated.

No they didn't.

Empathy? Let me know when all LIVING CHILDREN are fed, educated, loved, and safe.

posted on Mar, 12 2017 @ 09:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Teikiatsu

LOL! Pray for those who never were!

Fertilized eggs are people too!

NOT!

posted on Mar, 12 2017 @ 09:37 PM
link   
The Bible is really clear on when personhood begins: after the first breath. Gen. 2:7

It's also clear on the legal status of fetuses: they are the property of the father. Exodus 21: 22-25

Although the second case establishes that the fetus is not a person, it reiterates that the woman's body is property, at least in Biblical terms.

Neither has any basis in modern science.
edit on 12-3-2017 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

posted on Mar, 12 2017 @ 09:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword
a reply to: Teikiatsu

LOL! Pray for those who never were!

Fertilized eggs are people too!

NOT!

You mean, "never could be" right?

Where do you think "people" come from? Storks?

If you kill the baby, do you not kill the adult?

At least if you break an egg you can make an omelette, if you have some ham and cheese.

Sheesh, learn how to cook.

posted on Mar, 12 2017 @ 10:10 PM
link   
a reply to: burgerbuddy

Birth control breaks as many eggs. Abstinence breaks more.

...people who never were.......
edit on 12-3-2017 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2017 @ 06:16 AM
link   
a reply to: uncommitted

That is appalling.

I am all for freedom of speech, freedom of religious expression, the rights of citizens in general. But I am also for freedom to go about ones business unmolested, and people considering abortion are not going to places offering that service, gleefully swanning about with no idea what the implications are of the process, having made no effort to think about it what so ever.

Therefore, any insertion of propaganda and political or religious protest into their headspace during their visit to the hospital, pretty much reads in the mind as harassment, because you are talking about protesting toward women who are already going through something quite emotionally delicate, whose attitudes toward themselves afterward are already going to be affected by what they are about to do, the hormonal responses to having had to do it, and so on.

I really think its a nasty tactic.

These people would be better served going off to parliament, and protesting all the children killed by for profit war. At least those children have already been born. If they are insistent on making a noise for the children of the future, how about protesting human rights failures, the underfunding in the NHS, the over complicated nature of getting access to ones rights in this country. Perhaps that would be a better way to ensure the future is a bright one, for the babies who ARE born.

posted on Mar, 13 2017 @ 08:32 AM
link   

I have no regrets - - nor do I have any guilt feelings. Where is the "too emotional"?

Show me where I said Protesters Can't Protest. They are protected by the first amendment (in the US).

Now it is not my business? A post or so ago, you said "Its NONE OF THEIR BUSINESS." I thought we were talking about the protestors.

posted on Mar, 13 2017 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Now it is not my business? A post or so ago, you said "Its NONE OF THEIR BUSINESS." I thought we were talking about the protestors.

Pretty lame comeback.

You, them, anyone.

posted on Mar, 13 2017 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Pretty lame comeback.

You, them, anyone.

Pretty lame comeback.
It's anyone's business who wish it to be. Your opinion is irrelevant.

posted on Mar, 13 2017 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Pretty lame comeback.

You, them, anyone.

Pretty lame comeback.
It's anyone's business who wish it to be. Your opinion is irrelevant.

What is your personal experience with abortion?

And/or being protested against the right to your reproductive choices?

I stated mine.

posted on Mar, 13 2017 @ 11:19 AM
link   
I don't think that anyone seeking medical assistance should have to the gauntlet of the pro-lifers.

If they want to hold a peaceful protest, let them get the appropriate permits and stage a protest for their points of view somewhere that doesn't interfere with the business of the hospital.

In my town, once a year, the right to lifers hold a silent protest and I think it does have impact. I think that is much more effective than protesting at a hospital

posted on Mar, 13 2017 @ 11:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit
a reply to: uncommitted

Therefore, any insertion of propaganda and political or religious protest into their headspace during their visit to the hospital, pretty much reads in the mind as harassment,

why is our expression of our religious beliefs any more 'harassment' than any other motivation?

how do you separate 'protest' from 'harassment'? are the South Dakota Pipeline protesters not harassing the workers there? did Occupy Wall Street not harass people?

posted on Mar, 13 2017 @ 12:08 PM
link   
a reply to: ElGoobero

First of all, I am a Christian. I do not believe it is a Christian thing to do, to attempt to guilt trip a woman who is on the way to see about getting an abortion. I think it is a torture that they could well do without, and which achieves nothing positive what so ever.

I think that forcing a woman to walk past a group of anti-abortion protestors, in order to have an abortion, is entirely different than forcing people who work for big companies which dodge tax, murder already born humans, animals, trees, damage the very air we breathe, and also steal from taxpayers at the same time, to walk past a protest against that business. Why? An abortion is between a person and their God, or not. A private affair, none of anyone's business. Whether or not a business which steals from the government and murders people and the environment at the same time, gets called out for it by people en masse, its staff get inconvenienced... that is not a private matter, because the effects of those companies, of that work being done, are a crime against all the people in the country, FACTUALLY, not spiritually, but with absolute fact, physical, cold, hard reality.

I believe in Jesus, but he told me not to judge others. He told you too, he told those people outside the abortion clinic, who victimise the women going in with their silent judgement, despite the fact that these women are often quite traumatised one way round or another. Seems like I am the only one out of the three, yourself, the protestors, and me, who actually listened to a damned word he said.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join