It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

‘SICKENING’: Backlash as ‘SHAMELESS’ Tony Blair appears at memorial for Iraq war heroes

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 07:10 AM
link   
www.express.co.uk...

(title from Express article).

TONY Blair’s appearance at the unveiling of a national war memorial to those who served in Iraq and Afghanistan has been branded “sickening”.

David Jones, tweeted: “Sickening Tony Blair is at the service for the new memorial to soldiers killed in Iraq & Afghanistan today.” Nick Leaney, said: “So families of fallen servicemen not invited to #Iraqafganistan memorial but Tony Blair is...hmmmm looking forward to headlines on this one.” Another user, said: “Tony Blair arrives at the Iraq/Afganistan memorial service, a few minutes ago and takes a front seat. This man has the skin of a rhinoceros." And Colin Randell‏ wrote: “Blair the shameless, you'll never see another brass-neck quite like his.” Patricia Dooley, said: "Iraq & Afghanistan Memorial Service can't believe Tony Blair had the bloody brass neck to attend thick skinned a***hole!!" Jules Lowes, added: "How does Tony Blair have the AUDACITY to turn up to a memroial for servicemen and women who served in the Gulf, Iraq & Afghanistan war."

So here we have Tony 'war criminal scumbag' Blair showing his shameless face at the Iraq-Afghanistan war memorial, in spite the fact that hundreds of family members of our fallen heroes were not even asked to attend.

This comes just a couple of weeks after he announced that remainers should rise up to over turn the Brexit referendum result, the front on this spineless piece of turd is unreal.

I do not think he should have been allowed/invited to attend especially given the fact that the family members of those he sent to their deaths under false pretenses were not asked to attend, the fact he turned up at all just shows how far removed from reality this loser is

edit on 9-3-2017 by nickovthenorth because: spelling

edit on 9-3-2017 by nickovthenorth because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 07:21 AM
link   
a reply to: nickovthenorth

Agreed

Just been listening to Jeremy Vine on radio2 on this topic. Both relatives of some of the fallen and people who actively served made their feelings about Blair quite clear, reflecting the comments as shown above.

Blair is so obviously out of touch with reality and living in his own bubble.

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 08:00 AM
link   
The trouble with Tony Bliar is he believes his own propaganda!!

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 08:12 AM
link   

Hopefully he can tweet his brass neckedness in the future and let the British public know where he will be and what time so a lynch mob can show up and hang the smug b@stard from the nearest lamp post and do the job the gutless spineless colluding Elite Establishment should have done many years ago.

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 08:17 AM
link   
Almost looks like he has been called out of retirement to try and right the ship (globalist) and get the UK back on the same page with the rest of Europe...

Wonder who they will call up for Poland, and I think it was Hungary, the EU looks badly broken to this yank... ultimately time will tell.

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 08:19 AM
link   
How sad, Tony Blair receives the kind of rejection mentioned and hate, but he still has the grapes to honor the fallen. I think it is a shame, he should be honoring the fallen
edit on 9-3-2017 by onthedownlow because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 08:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

I don't know how he has the effrontery ...... He must have the skin of a

rhinoceros not to know how much he is disliked in his own country, never

mind any where else.

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 08:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: onthedownlow
How sad, Tony Blair receives the kind of rejection mentioned and hate, but he still has the grapes to honor the fallen. I think it is a shame, he should be honoring the fallen

He should be hanging his head in shame, for the lies he told

about WMD's and sending the military to war!!

He has NO shame

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 08:32 AM
link   

I'm sorry but i cant bring myself to agree in anyway with your statement above, this memorial is only needed in the first place because of the lies he/his minions told to get our troops involved, saying he should get props for turning up to a memorial for people he sent to their death under false pretenses is akin to a murderer turning up to their victims funeral and getting a pat on the back for it in my book

If i have misunderstood your posts meaning in anyway i apologize but that is how i read it.

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 08:34 AM
link   

He is the cause the fallen are the fallen.

His lies of WMD's and unwavering conviction to invade Iraq has cost the lives of thousands both home and abroad......of course he is not the only one guilty of lying,the Anglo American Establishment contrived the whole thing for insidious reasons and Tony Blair and G Dubbya were willing puppets.

They are the public faces of the deception and lies that cost British and American service mens lives so it's why Tony Blair receives such animosity as he is held responsible for their deaths.

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 08:35 AM
link   
a reply to: southbeach

Nail meet hammer

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 08:37 AM
link   

He should go and find another country to fester in.

People died.

He got riiiiiichhhh!£££

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 08:40 AM
link   

I don't think that I said he should get 'props'. I did say that the man should be allowed to honor the fallen. To high jack what should be seen as a noble purpose, to spread hate, is very shameful.

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 08:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Tulpa

So true, i hear Iraq and Afghanistan are nice this time of year, see how long his smug face lasts over there.

Having said that scum like him always find a way to weasel their wayout of trouble and let others bear the brunt of the fallout for their actions.

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 08:54 AM
link   
a reply to: onthedownlow

Fair enough you didn't say he should get props, apologies.

However i do believe he shouldn't be allowed to attend a memorial that is only needed because of his(and others of course) lies about WMD in Iraq, if you cant see that then i'm afraid we will just have to agree to disagree.

I do find it strange though that you think me posting my dislike of Tony Blair attending a memorial that is only happening because of direct action/lies told by him and his minions to be high jacking a noble purpose and spreading hate, when the people who served or families of the fallen were not allowed the same courtesy of attending to honor them as well.

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Yup.

I've got no proof but I suspect that part of the deal would be immunity and a massive payoff afterwards.

Cowards like him do not act unless they already have a degree of certainty about the possible outcome.

He knew.

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Well said sir, I couldn't agree more. He, and his other cronies, should hang their head in shame.

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 09:34 AM
link   
a reply to: nelloh62

Or just hang...

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 09:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: nickovthenorth

However i do believe he shouldn't be allowed to attend a memorial that is only needed because of his(and others of course) lies about WMD in Iraq, if you cant see that then i'm afraid we will just have to agree to disagree.

I do find it strange though that you think me posting my dislike of Tony Blair attending a memorial that is only happening because of direct action/lies told by him and his minions to be high jacking a noble purpose and spreading hate, when the people who served or families of the fallen were not allowed the same courtesy of attending to honor them as well.

If I took the OP out of context, and the families of the fallen were actually not permitted to attend, then I can understand your anger... but I seriously doubt it would have been at Tony Blair's behest. Wether or not you disagree with the wars, I do find something very sombering and an honorable about honoring the fallen, no matter who it is. I happen to agree with both Iraq wars, and I also believe there were better reasons for the invasion than the ones given. I have a profound dislike for obama, but I would never chastise him for paying his respects to the fallen

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 09:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: nickovthenorth

If I took the OP out of context, and the families of the fallen were actually not permitted to attend, then I can understand your anger... but I seriously doubt it would have been at Tony Blair's behest. Wether or not you disagree with the wars, I do find something very sombering and an honorable about honoring the fallen, no matter who it is. I happen to agree with both Iraq wars, and I also believe there were better reasons for the invasion than the ones given. I have a profound dislike for obama, but I would never chastise him for paying his respects to the fallen

Even if Obama attended a memorial for the fallen that fell as a direct result of lies told by him and his co-conspirators?

I think you may be underestimating how much Tony Blair is disliked in the U.K. as a whole, there are a lot of people angry that he has the gall to show his face in public full stop let alone at this memorial.

I think its clear that we see things from very different points of view on this matter, its always good to hear both sides its how we learn and grow as people and sometimes just sometimes change our own opinions but not in this case i'm afraid.

edit on 9-3-2017 by nickovthenorth because: spelling

top topics

<<   2 >>

join