It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Doodle Gate: Handwriting Experts Mistake Bill Gates Doodle For Tony Blairs

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2005 @ 02:36 AM
link   
Handwriting experts analyzed a sheet of paper covered in doodles that had been found on British Prime Minister Tony Blair's desk. The paper found at the Davos World Economic Forum, led the experts to conclude that he was "struggling to concentrate","not a natural leader" and, "stressed and tense." It turns out that the sheet of doodles did not belong to Tony Blair rather Microsoft founder Bill Gates.

story.news.yahoo.com
LONDON (Reuters) - When a sheet of paper covered in doodles was found on Tony Blair's desk at the Davos World Economic Forum, handwriting experts delighted in analyzing it, concluding the prime minister was stressed and under pressure. Experts who examined the tangle of boxes, circles, loops and notes on debt and trade variously described Blair as "struggling to concentrate" or "not a natural leader" and "stressed and tense."

But there was a problem.

The doodles, it later transpired, were nothing to do with Blair but were the work of Microsoft founder Bill Gates, who shared a table with Blair at the summit.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Two of the three seem to fit bill. However, concentrating does not seem to be a problem. One thing I have noticed. Early on, back in the day (we are talking late 80's) when Gates was interviewed he rocked back and forth when talking as sort of a comfort gesture. He does not seem to do this anymore. So he may have hired a image consultant to get rid of it, or he is more comfortable with his status. One thing though, would the analysis have been different if they knew who it was in reality?.

posted on Feb, 1 2005 @ 02:40 AM
link   
I read in the UKs daily mirror that there was another suspect, namely U2s Bono who was sitting at the same table. It was even suggested that the paper could have been passed between the two men and was a join effort.
Here is a link to the story with a picture of the doodles in question

www.mirror.co.uk...

posted on Feb, 1 2005 @ 02:44 AM
link   
Thanks Pantha

Here is the masterpeice in question. How many are scared???

posted on Feb, 1 2005 @ 02:45 AM
link   
You could tell it wasn't Blair's writing. It didn't include a TB/GB in a little heart, neither did it have an upside down cross or 'Pisky is a bastard' written on it

posted on Feb, 1 2005 @ 02:49 AM
link   
Computer geeks usualy have bad handwriting, why would Bill be any different?

And:

"struggling to concentrate"
Yeah, sitting nex to Tony, it might be hard to concentrate and keep a straight face, imagining Tony Blair with poodle hairdo on Bush's lap :p

"not a natural leader"
Lol, shows em how much "expert" those experts are.

"stressed and tense"
Yeah well, how would you be sitting next to Tony ....

posted on Feb, 1 2005 @ 03:00 AM
link   
ok, I wonder if we can decide for ourselves who's handwriting that is.

Bono's handwriting

u2log.com...

Bill Gates handwriting

www.myhandwriting.com...

(edit to add links to source)

[edit on 1-2-2005 by pantha]

posted on Feb, 1 2005 @ 04:37 AM
link   
The "masterpiece" looks like a flowchart attempt for his c++ compiler...

posted on Feb, 1 2005 @ 05:52 AM
link   
Visions Of The Future

Based on the doodles, I predict another eclectic and confusing reorganization at Microsoft.

Then again, that's pretty much what happens every Thursday, so I can't exactly call that a prophecy.

posted on Feb, 1 2005 @ 07:26 AM
link   
Should've read all the posts first.......it's very early.

*sheepishly crawls away*

[edit on 1-2-2005 by MemoryShock]

top topics

join