It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Officials Say WikiLeaks CIA Leak is Authentic

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 03:06 PM
link   
what gets me is the fact that this thread should have exploded by now, this is big news, even though we have known about vault 7 for sometime...of course we really didn't know what it would contain

edit on 8-3-2017 by laughingdog because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 03:10 PM
link   
a reply to: caladonea

I think that is a valid line of thought, bears pondering
and scrutinizing the facts that come out, and then some
intuition will have to fill in the blanks.

I seem to recall that there were many hints this
kind of a shocking event was likely even before
Wikileaks starting talking about it.

I am factoring in this story also from just a few months ago.

The National Security Agency's headquarters in Fort Meade, Maryland NSA via Getty

The FBI has secretly arrested a National Security Agency (NSA) contractor suspected of stealing highly classified computer codes used to hack the computer systems of foreign governments including Russia and China, raising fears of another embarrassing intelligence leak to rival the Edward Snowden affair.

www.independent.co.uk...

Lots of coincidences...

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 03:16 PM
link   
a reply to: caladonea

I've had this odd feeling that many know this is true, the CIA knows we know, and they have created a work around.

No way the CIA and what they do is going away. I bet Congress doesn't even touch this with anything more than a few vague words.

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 03:17 PM
link   
a reply to: laughingdog

So many threads its hard to keep up on the Vault 7 fallout
and its just one day in.

I am looking in shock as just now a huge banner on Drudge
that says "Will Wikileaks Work With Tech Firms To Defend
CIA Hacking? "

abcnews.go.com...

Got chills, creeps, dejavu all at once.

Not a good feeling I am getting about this.
edit on 8-3-2017 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 03:20 PM
link   
I always love to see media use the terms "computer codes".

It's computer codes and a bunch of tubes.

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 03:22 PM
link   
I would imagine the government pays very good money for backdoors and data. No way greed lets go of it.
edit on 3/8/2017 by roadgravel because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 03:33 PM
link   
a reply to: theultimatebelgianjoke

You think the US base presence there will become an issue in that event.

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 03:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel
I would imagine the government pays very good money for backdoors and data. No way greed lets go of it.

Right, so I am wondering outloud how this would work
if Wikileaks is going to work with the Tech Giants now?

One big happy family?

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 04:06 PM
link   
a reply to: FamCore

CIA, We do not spy on American citizens ever, they already had answer that one over and over again.

Is their deniability tool, deny, deny, deny, then take the 5th, if questioned.

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 04:09 PM
link   
a reply to: burntheships

Tech companies as of this morning has not deny or admit what wikileaks say on how their technology is been used.

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 04:22 PM
link   

I am sure they are authentic but the white house have not come out and say it yet,

WASHINGTON — The anti-secrecy group WikiLeaks raised the prospect Wednesday of sharing sensitive details it uncovered about CIA hacking tools with leading technology companies whose flagship products and services were targeted by the U.S. government's hacker-spies.

If that sharing should take place, the unusual cooperation would give companies like Apple, Google, Microsoft, Samsung and others an opportunity to identify and repair any flaws in their software and devices that were being exploited by U.S. spy agencies and some foreign allies, as described in nearly 9,000 pages of secret CIA files WikiLeaks published on Tuesday.

The documents, which the White House declined anew Wednesday to confirm as authentic, describe clandestine methods for bypassing or defeating encryption, antivirus tools and other protective security features for computers, mobile phones and even smart TVs. They include the world's most popular technology platforms, including Apple's iPhones and iPads, Google's Android phones and the Microsoft Windows operating system for desktop computers and laptops.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

This morning on the white house press, it was talks of how the people have the right to know and how is bad to leak stuff.

Kind of mix words there.

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 04:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043

This morning on the white house press, it was talks of how the people have the right to know and how is bad to leak stuff.

Kind of mix words there.

Yes, its like a riddle,
How do we solve this problem?

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 04:37 PM
link   

As long as the information is no classified, it should be no problem knowing when wrong doing is been done, I am sure that thanks to the raw data that was allowed to be disseminated in Jan, by Lynch this is the reason wikileaks had their hands CIA information.

Hardly classified as long as names are not been released that can create a danger to our nations security, this leaks so far addresses what people have suspected all along but could not really put a finger on it.

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 04:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: theultimatebelgianjoke
a reply to: DerBeobachter

German prosecutor ‘looking carefully’ into WikiLeaks CIA files, could launch probe

I wonder if people are naive enough to not realize that if we are doing it, so is everyone else, including Germany.

I don't think most countries are going to want to stir up that hornets nest.

I can't help but note the irony of that story being on a well known, Russian government controlled news site.

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 04:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Blaine91555

How about the French, wikileaks claims that US was meddling into their elections and hacking all the political parties and candidates.

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 04:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blaine91555

I don't think most countries are going to want to stir up that hornets nest.

Most likely everyone just upgrades the software, and moves on.

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 04:52 PM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

I do think there is a huge difference between Podesta's emails,
and matters of National Security, a world of difference.

Podesta's password password.

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 05:00 PM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

I'm not defending it, just pointing out they are likely all doing it and yes, even the French.

None of them likely want it out in the public eye being discussed. That so called allies are all spying on each other should be assumed IMO.

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Yes you are right, I listened to the press conference this morning and that was talk about briefly.

And I think from where the two comments came about, classified is not the same as information of wrong doings.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join