It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Dark Rigidity of Fundamentalist Rural America

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2017 @ 09:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Deaf Alien

Are you a "kill all Pit bulls" guy?

posted on Mar, 12 2017 @ 10:00 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Whatever that means.

ETA: Are you suggesting that I believe that the Dominionsts should be put down like we should put ISIS down cause of the potential?
edit on 3/12/2017 by Deaf Alien because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2017 @ 10:09 PM
link   

No, I'm saying that history and potential are damned ridiculous criteria for anyone who doesn't also immediately distrust any Pit bull they see.

The slams on fundamentalist Christianity are essentially desperate spit balling. We get it...

posted on Mar, 12 2017 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Nobody is saying that the Fundamentalists are doing the same thing as ISIS right now. Historically they have tortured and killed gay people. And from what we have seen the past few years there is a serious potential. So yes they CAN be as dangerous as ISIS if we allow them free rein.

But it doesn't matter. They might not be doing as bad as ISIS, but they are still awful. They want Christian theocracy. They are trying to work towards it. Do you even know what that means?

posted on Mar, 12 2017 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Of course I know what that means. I also know it's 50% rational concern, 50% hyperbolic BS. Look, I'd take a Christian theocracy over a number of the alternatives, but it isn't something that's going to happen. Fundamentalist Islam, however, is killing people in great numbers everyday. This hyperbolic fear of Christian America in the face of Fundamentalist Islam is like freaking out over an inactive volcano while Mt St Helens erupts at your back.

posted on Mar, 12 2017 @ 10:24 PM
link   

I suppose both sides are afraid of extremists. The right is afraid of radical Islam. The left is afraid of radical Christianity. We're all afraid of something!!!!

With this I am going to show you a youtube video illustrating my point (I am sure you have seen it before):

posted on Mar, 12 2017 @ 10:30 PM
link   

How many homosexuals have been flung off the ramparts of American churches lately?

How many were emotionally tortured by the likes of the late Joe Nicolosi?

Here's one story.

The Judeo-Christian-Islamic thing. Really toxic.

posted on Mar, 12 2017 @ 10:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6
a reply to: Annee

I'm not the one who pulled a "fundamentalist Christianity" and ISIS comparison out of my ass, Annee. I replied to the ridiculousness of the comparison.

Except it is not a ridiculous comparison.

Does ISIS have reparative therapy?

Picking one practice over another to try to make your point is grabbing for air.

posted on Mar, 12 2017 @ 10:40 PM
link   

The slams on fundamentalist Christianity are essentially desperate spit balling. We get it...

NO.

They're realistic.

posted on Mar, 12 2017 @ 10:48 PM
link   

As I said, we all know what's happening here...

posted on Mar, 12 2017 @ 10:50 PM
link   

As I said, we all know what's happening here...

We're discussing an article that's "dead on".
edit on 12-3-2017 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2017 @ 05:12 AM
link   
a reply to: JohnnyCanuck

Oh cool, another "bad whitey" thread.....seems to be par for the course on ats these days.

The blog you linked is someone's opinion that is no better or worse than mine, or anyone else.

posted on Mar, 13 2017 @ 07:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Cancerwarrior
Oh cool, another "bad whitey" thread.....seems to be par for the course on ats these days.
The blog you linked is someone's opinion that is no better or worse than mine, or anyone else.
Well, if they come from a similar range of experience then I would agree. But I would venture to suggest that the opinion of someone who knows what they're talking about trumps that of one who doesn't. At least in my book.

And if all that you've gathered out of that article is 'bad whitey'...well, I think I'll hold with the author's viewpoint. But thanks for your interest, eh?

posted on Mar, 13 2017 @ 02:01 PM
link   
I was just reviewing the thread here.....

and it occurred to me:

How many billions of people have fallen for this pile of bullcrap they call "Holy Texts" yet? HOW MANY?

How many virgins got thrown into the volcanoes? How many 'witches' burned at the stake? How many women had acid thrown in their faces, or --- or, got shot in the head by a fundie who got on her school bus? How many working professional IT engineers need to be shot in a bar by some misguided toothless uneducated trashy white guy who looks twenty years older than he is?

HOW MUCH IS ENOUGH?

jeezus !!!!!!!

edit on 3/13/2017 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2017 @ 08:10 PM
link   
I just see typical left/right # slinging...

All i can say to both sides....

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 05:02 AM
link   
a reply to: WilliamtheResolute

Well I am confused as to how Revelation can have any valid commentary on Islam.

Xtianity arose in the 1st century CE and Islam arose in the 7th. The book of Revelation was compiled during the reign of Domitian (AD 81 to 96). developed from the 7th century CE. Does revelation have anything to say about fluoridation? LOL.

When it comes to your comments on fundamentalism I am writing in the context of religious fundamentalism, as I believe that the article mentioned in the OP does. I am not sure how your comment address this point.

When it comes to identities I have many. I am a man. I am a parent. I am now a grandparent. I am black I am an American. I am Brit. I am hetero. I am an old guy! I am a live and let live liberal I think you get my drift.

Above all I am supremely at ease with every ne of my identities. I would urge that all my friends and foes to be at ease with theirs. I just do not feel the fear that some people seem to have. Is it because I have seen combat? IDK.

edit on 14-3-2017 by Tiger5 because: edit

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 05:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Cancerwarrior

So whites now have a monopoly (that means sole ownership in this context) of rural fundamentalism???? Look at Uganda, Nigeria, and rural west Indies. Are you serious?

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 05:07 AM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

Yes but it is the future Witchhunts tht bother me! The Bible Says.....

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 05:12 AM
link   

Radical Islam follows it own brand of equal opportunities. They do not discriminate. They are after everyone who does not follow their twisted form of Islam. Thy kill Moslems.

I am not scared of fundamentalist Xtianinty. I may not like them because of their ignorance and underachievement but I am not scared of them. I more pity them.

Man I just watched the YouTube clip I lasted a minute and a half. That guy is sick! But this is the savage heart of religious fundamentalism. I ask this creep only one question. Where is your GOD". I thought that we grew out of this ignorance and animosity. I am frankly disgusted by Xtianity and the Abrahamic religions.

edit on 14-3-2017 by Tiger5 because: Add in more text

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 08:24 AM
link   

I think you are being disingenuous or unaware of Xtian fundamentalist history. The KKK espoused Xtian fundamental values and the killed. White supremacy is predominantly linked to the Xtian right and against the Xtian left. However as this is ATS some other intellectual gymnast may just mention the Odinist white power activists but they are a minority.

On the other hand do you know the Jehovah Witnesses? They are also a Xtian fundamentalists . One of their views is that the bible states that blood should not be consumed. JWs interpret "Consumption" to mean that their followers should refuse ALL blood transfusions. There are many other Fundamentalist organisations that hold similar views like the Xtian Scientists. How many people have died because of this false doctrine? Am I being PC to mention which gender suffers disproportionately from this ruling? Well I had better not. Anyway those who have C -Section births can and have died from rejecting Medically advised blood transfusions.

However your implied point is valid. Lots of xtian fundamentalists do not plant bombs or throw gays off of roofs.

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18 >>

join