It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WikiLeaks releases Vault 7!

page: 35
<< 32  33  34    36 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2017 @ 12:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Martin75

I loved that moment!

Such a great actor.

Also can't wait to cut me a slice of that!

posted on Mar, 13 2017 @ 12:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tranceopticalinclined
The bigger thing to think about here is, are these really exploits or just hidden features being built in?

With all the breaches and security issues we see in the media, it's really hard to believe that these " Connected " devices are not being thought about in terms of who can access. The engineers are not idiots, they know these things are there and most likely brought them up in a meeting sometime, only to be told, " oh that's already known and being looked into " which is sidestep for " We know you dumbass, the CIA and such and such paid us to put that there ".

This isn't a wake up call for anyone, we've watched as the " digital age " has turned into the " 1984 age ", if you think these things are just companies being careless, you're a little too naive for this site, there's a data war going on people, and you're the prime target.

Doesn't matter if you don't think you have anything to hid, wouldn't like to be paid when you do work or someone uses your stuff for profit? Well that's EXACTLY what is done with your data, it's collected, organized and sold to marketers and other companies that create profiles on you all just to sell crap to you that you don't need but based on your profile will most likely be interested in buying.

Couple this with the recent genetic testing issue from politicians and companies on employees and I don't think even Phillip K Dick and George Orwell thought it would get this bad.

It's not all bad, the truth is at least out, that it all started with the "Morris Worm" and that little filing system for the Plan 9 OS called "cwfs" - or caching worm file server.

You don't get it, in hacker technical run-time's year zero is all about suddenly being presented with a mathematical problem, such as, we know about the back-door's - trap-doors in other so called secure Operating Systems, some of which can be microcode in size!

It's my PC - hands off NSA & CIA - ANSI-C hating 'n-word's!

posted on Mar, 13 2017 @ 12:59 PM
link   
a reply to: phicoder

I " get it " zero days are big money but both ways, they are left there for big money and they are highlighted for big money.
That part could of been left out I think.

There is always a way to hack something, that's what the word hack means, an alternative way of doing something not originally conceptualized.

These companies hire people to find zero days if they don't they have bounties available for that. I have friends who do nothing but pentesting for bounties, they are just as amazed as I am of the frequency of exploitable systems growing instead of decreasing. People don't learn is one issue another is these are LEFT THERE on purpose.

I mean, here is a great example -

Wireless keyboard / mouse / dongle exploits, they either don't care or they want them there.

I love this guy's Blazer btw.

a reply to: Martin75

Anytime

edit on 13-3-2017 by Tranceopticalinclined because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2017 @ 01:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Tranceopticalinclined
Thanks for that video. I haven't seen that one and it looks interesting!

posted on Mar, 13 2017 @ 01:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tranceopticalinclined

I " get it " zero days are big money but both ways, they are left there for big money and they are highlighted for big money.
That part could of been left out I think.

There is always a way to hack something, that's what the word hack means, an alternative way of doing something not originally conceptualized.

These companies hire people to find zero days if they don't they have bounties available for that. I have friends who do nothing but pentesting for bounties, they are just as amazed as I am of the frequency of exploitable systems growing instead of decreasing. People don't learn is one issue another is these are LEFT THERE on purpose.

Oh trust me, hacker toys are Killer! www.usbkill.com...

Yep your right about the purpose, hence why I've gone back to using trust-worthy stuff from decades ago.. Crufty but works well on a Mac-Mini with PowerPC!

Other old favorites include anything with an Open Source micro-chip.

PowerPC x1
Raspberry Pi x3
Intel Atom x2
AMD Geode x1
MIPS x1

If this is a deceleration of WAR by Microsoft along with a load of fags from the NSA, then I intend to be on the winning side!

Low Powered and Microcode in size - using things like nano OS, plan 9 and icaros Live!
edit on 13-3-2017 by phicoder because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2017 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Very true, and so right,

They WILL NOT create ELYSIUM in our reality while we are still breathing.

Knowledge is power and creative thinking is our weapon of choice, defy us and feel our full brain power combined, more relentless than any tsunami.

We are HUMANE

posted on Mar, 13 2017 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Youtube regarding how the tech companies are responding to the first part of vault 7, I think a lot of them genuinely want to protect their customers now..

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Has anyone else come to start question the validity of WikiLeaks?

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 12:28 PM
link   
I would like help with the idea of Scotland part of the UK becoming a member of states that make up the united states of america The possible strategic gains that could be offered as a state that can and will be a positive member of the united states of America.

Limited funding is offered to the people of America but also the rest of the EU with a direct hub to Europe.

Only considered applicants i,e, Mentors need apply
Thank you for you're time.
Kevin.

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 12:29 PM
link   
sorry for being off message

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Short, worth a watch.

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Some interesting points.

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Meme warfare departments

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Short interview but some great points in this, I know how he feels, it is heartbreaking.

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 02:59 AM
link   
I thought I should write another general reply to this thread as the subject of using electronic devices for spying has become a side topic here. The technology to use power lines as a transmission medium for data has been around as long as the internet (70's). I chanced to read an article about it back in the 90's that was published in a free newspaper in the San Fransisco bay area. I can't remember the name of the publication. It was printed on newsprint paper.

Supposedly they could send data on a carrier wave frequency through power lines. Unplugging your ethernet cable might not be enough, then. You might also want to unplug your device's power cord as well.

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 10:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheBadCabbie
I thought I should write another general reply to this thread as the subject of using electronic devices for spying has become a side topic here. The technology to use power lines as a transmission medium for data has been around as long as the internet (70's). I chanced to read an article about it back in the 90's that was published in a free newspaper in the San Fransisco bay area. I can't remember the name of the publication. It was printed on newsprint paper.

Supposedly they could send data on a carrier wave frequency through power lines. Unplugging your ethernet cable might not be enough, then. You might also want to unplug your device's power cord as well.

Yes these are in the public domain now they are called Powerline Blocks - they can transfer the wifi system around your house using your plugs/electric (useful if the signal is bad).

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 12:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Arrestme

Just FYI, Ed Sheidt is the CIA guy that created the code that is displayed on Kryptos, I've met him several times.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Mar, 18 2017 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Some interesting points.

posted on Mar, 18 2017 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Have the whole of the CIA gone rogue or just some departments?

posted on Mar, 23 2017 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Wiki releases Vault 7 Dark Matter -

Today, March 23rd 2017, WikiLeaks releases Vault 7 "Dark Matter", which contains documentation for several CIA projects that infect Apple Mac Computer firmware (meaning the infection persists even if the operating system is re-installed) developed by the CIA's Embedded Development Branch (EDB). These documents explain the techniques used by CIA to gain 'persistence' on Apple Mac devices, including Macs and iPhones and demonstrate their use of EFI/UEFI and firmware malware.

Among others, these documents reveal the "Sonic Screwdriver" project which, as explained by the CIA, is a "mechanism for executing code on peripheral devices while a Mac laptop or desktop is booting" allowing an attacker to boot its attack software for example from a USB stick "even when a firmware password is enabled". The CIA's "Sonic Screwdriver" infector is stored on the modified firmware of an Apple Thunderbolt-to-Ethernet adapter.

"DarkSeaSkies" is "an implant that persists in the EFI firmware of an Apple MacBook Air computer" and consists of "DarkMatter", "SeaPea" and "NightSkies", respectively EFI, kernel-space and user-space implants.
Documents on the "Triton" MacOSX malware, its infector "Dark Mallet" and its EFI-persistent version "DerStake" are also included in this release. While the DerStake1.4 manual released today dates to 2013, other Vault 7 documents show that as of 2016 the CIA continues to rely on and update these systems and is working on the production of DerStarke2.0.
Also included in this release is the manual for the CIA's "NightSkies 1.2" a "beacon/loader/implant tool" for the Apple iPhone. Noteworthy is that NightSkies had reached 1.2 by 2008, and is expressly designed to be physically installed onto factory fresh iPhones.

i.e the CIA has been infecting the iPhone supply chain of its targets since at least 2008.
While CIA assets are sometimes used to physically infect systems in the custody of a target it is likely that many CIA physical access attacks have infected the targeted organization's supply chain including by interdicting mail orders and other shipments (opening, infecting, and resending) leaving the United States or otherwise.

new topics

top topics

<< 32  33  34    36 >>

join