It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

For the love of God can someone explain the Russia thing?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 02:11 PM
link   
I don't get it.

Russia is the big bad guy of the modern world for some reason... Why do so many people use the word Russia synonymously with the word evil and bad?

Because they have a country ran by allegedly corrupt politicians under the name of "communism" (even though they aren't anymore) rather than corrupt politicians operating under the guise of capitalism?

Because Putin has had his questions about the United States "
police of the world" mentality and doesn't just sit down and shut up?

I'm not understanding it.

It seems as if politicians and the media just want to grasp at straws - someone has to be blamed when things don't go their way, right?

[snipped] If someone could help me understand, I'd be grateful - preferably someone that doesn't have a bias towards Hillary Clinton, thinking she cannot do wrong, or only does wrong. I don't find as much validity in ones opinion if they are bound to protect their point of view, and only care for that. Can a neutral person help me out?

Deadlyhope
edit on 6-3-2017 by deadlyhope because: (no reason given)

edit on Mon Mar 6 2017 by DontTreadOnMe because: moved from the mud pit

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 02:14 PM
link   
a reply to: deadlyhope

Forever boogeymen it was lucrative during the cold war.

So why not now.

Remember kids only communist file share.
edit on 6-3-2017 by Lysergic because: reds under my bed

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 02:14 PM
link   
The IC says think they think Russia hacked Podesta to have Trump win the election. It is a confidence assessment. There is no evidence.

bgr.com...

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 02:15 PM
link   
There is this super secret site that you've probably never heard of that is great for questions like this...it's called google.

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 02:28 PM
link   

You're looking at the situation logically....

That's why it doesn't make sense.

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 02:32 PM
link   

They say Russia hacked the elections, which isn't even remotely true. When pressed they'll say they didn't actually hack the elections, but hacked the DNC. There is zero proof of that. They'll say "all the intelligence agencies agree," which is also not true. It's a deflection, much like a kid getting busted with hiding weed in his room, and how he would be mad at his parents for invading his privacy... or a guy getting busted for cheating by his girlfriend when he left his phone unlocked... or more accurately set the password as "password." Beyond that? Just because Russia is supposed to be the bad guy I guess. why does it matter whether someone may have talked to someone else about something they can't prove happened in the first place? Good question! You'd think they'd be spending more time focusing on the issues that lost them the election, not trying to convince everyone that the other guy is worse. Nevermind that there is actual proof that Obama did the very thing they're accusing Trump of doing. They just assume no ne remembers that for whatever reason. Maybe because the MSM didn't really report on it for some odd reason...

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 02:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Berns23

The mentality of Russia being the terrible bad guy was around long before Trump won the election.

It's why there's such a bandwagon effect, in my opinion. Something bad happens, and there's zero actual evidence it was Russia - but because Americans have been taught to think Russia is the bad guy, we just agree with it without thinking more about it.

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Uhm... Russia ain't communist anymore... it's crony capitalism run by mafia/ oligarchs... sorta like what the USA is moving to.

I recommend dreaded mainstream media to help sort it out... try the NYT .

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 02:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Baddogma

Right, I will put the word communism in quotations - ensuring its shown that its not their actual system, but still the system we over here demonize.

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Quick question.

How do you know that is Soros in the pic? Where did you find it, what is your source?

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 02:46 PM
link   
a reply to: ColdWisdom

Where did I ever mention soros?

Are you posting in the right thread?

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 02:52 PM
link   
a lot of it is probably holdover from when some of us were kids.
i turned 39 today. i remember as far back as 1st grade or so 1984-1985 ish....
cold war going on...the ruskies were going to blow us into oblivion

we had safety drills for if they dropped a nuke on us....all we had to do was get under our table and cover our heads...

that might be why russia is so bad to a lot of people....it was big # back in the 80's man...
we were 'right on the verge' of nuclear war..

thats what they told us anyway

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 03:02 PM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

Hmm that would make sense. I'm in my twenties and as far as I know the sins of Russia are no worse than the sins of America... Not to mention we've actually utilized a nuclear bomb against a population when they haven't so...

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 03:05 PM
link   
"Russia being the bad guy" is reasonable enough. Apart from the Cold War, Russia has been attempting to exercise control in western affairs since the middle of the eighteenth century, when it was offering to "guarantee the constitution" of Sweden and Poland and even the Holy Roman Empire. It was the Russians who got to Paris first when Napoleon was brought down in 1814. Leopards and spots.
No, what is really wierd now is Russia being the bad guy for the left.
In the old days it was straightforward. Russia was an example of extreme leftness. The right thought Russia was evil, the left thought Russia was wonderful. A man like Reagan could be attacked as likely to cause nuclear war by being too hostile to Russia.
Now the left are adopting both viewpoints at the same time. They are taking the old McCarthyite line that Russia is evil and a friend of Russia must be evil too, but they can't let go of the old anti-Reagan line that a right-wing President is likely to bring on nuclear war.
So they are committing themselves to the view that Trump is going to bring about nuclear war ("his finger's on the button!") by being too friendly with Russia. They may not have thought that through properly. I'm not sure how it would work.

You must admit that there is another puzzle. What on earth was Putin up to? If he really wanted Trump to win, why was he making it so blatant? He should have realised the danger that it might rebound and the reaction would benefit Hillary. Before the election, the logical options seemed to be that Putin was stupid (seems unlikely) or that benefitting Hillary was his real intention (seems unlikely). If Putin's aim was to "run" Trump, then common-sense would surely tell him to be more discreet about it.

edit on 6-3-2017 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 03:09 PM
link   
You do realise more countries world wide consider the USA the bad guy rather than Russia?

edit on 6-3-2017 by muSSang because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 03:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: DISRAELI
You must admit that there is another puzzle. What on earth was Putin up to? If he really wanted Trump to win, why was he making it so blatant? He should have realised the danger that it might rebound and the reaction would benefit Hillary. Before the election, the logical options seemed to be that Putin was stupid (seems unlikely) or that benefitting Hillary was his real intention (seems unlikely). If Putin's aim was to "run" Trump, then common-sense would surely tell him to be more discreet about it.

I don't think Putin cares who is president. Russia has Su-35S, Su-30SM, Su-34, Su-25M3, Il-78, Il-38N, Tu-154R, Tu-160, Tu-22M3, Tu-95SM, T-14, Yasen, Borei, improved Kilo, Mi-28N, Ka-52, S-400, Admiral Gorshkov. America don't dare fight Russia in Syria. So why should Putin care who is president?
edit on 6-3-2017 by Berns23 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 03:11 PM
link   

They're the scapegoat for Obama/Hillary/CIA/NATO war crimes, and then that scheme played out as the perfect dovetail to railroad the election results and declare mass Internet censorship (modeled after Communist Chinese censorship ironically enough). It's pretty much as simple as that.

www.abovetopsecret.com...
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 03:11 PM
link   
a reply to: DISRAELI

Okay so another post about the sins of the past.. And the sins of our great great... Etc.. grandparents past. I still don't understand the modern mentality against them.

Yeah it is very odd how things are switching sides a bit. The left now demonize Russia, and the right now defend them. The enemy of my enemy is my friend, I guess. Pretty hypocritical of the right, and petty of the left to suddenly adopt the point of view so suddenly because Russia isn't great friends with higher ups on the left side of things.

Who knows what he was up to, all I know is we have bigger fish to fry. People on the inside are corrupt, we can worry about other nations later.

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Well...here goes;

Russia supposedly has some good blackmail material on our sitting president...including some salicious behavior, some hacking, and conversations that allege Trump will ease sanctions or look the other way towards Russia, if Russia doesn't use those items as blackmail against the sitting President.

Are those allegations true? We don't know. We won't know until the allegations are investigated thoroughly by an independent party.

Are those allegations worthy of mention? Certainly, because if there is any compromising material on a sitting Head of State, like a President, it might impair otherwise impartial judgements.

For a direct link to the dossier: click here

Worthy of a read...but until the allegations and sources are investigated, not worthy of much else.

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 03:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Berns23
Before the election, the Russian side got to the point of saying "You need to elect Trump to avoid a war, which is pretty inevitable if you elect Hillary". So at least he was expressing a preference. That''s the kind of intervention which I would have expected to rebound to help Hillary.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join