It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The cat with no name!

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 02:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: reldra

originally posted by: trollz

originally posted by: Cloudbuster
a reply to: reldra

Why are you de clawing a cat, that's down right cruelty.

This. I hate people who declaw cats. It's like cutting a person's fingers off. It's completely unnatural and unnecessary. If you don't want the cat to scratch the couch, give it a scratching post, don't cut its fingers off.

It's not unnecessary, the front claws. if you have an indoor cat there is no reason not to. Ask a Vet. It is not like chopping fingers off.

I have scratching posts for my cats. They use their back claws and pad on it with front feet and'toes'.

Cruelty? You are going a bit far.

It is cruelty. Someone is going too far, and it's not the one stating declawing is abhorrent.

I can't even believe people still do this. wow

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 02:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: peppycat
my suggestion is 'darling sweety precious darling baby darling...
what beauty!
congrats!
hello there new cat....hello OP, my name is peppy and i noticed you as well as the cat....

I like Bob.

But he is orange, so maybe Don.

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 02:37 AM
link   

a reply to: trollz

You can stop trolling, since front declawing has been found to be safe and useful, unless the cat is an outdoor cat. It is also safer in a multi cat home.

I bet you dock your dogs tail too, makes it easier to put his fancy dress outfit on to parade your item around for smiles and laughs.

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 02:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Miracula2
He is an Alex if I ever saw one.

Little Alex, no doubt
given your profile pic.. hehe

Viddy well, oh my brother.. viddy well..

No more of the ol' in-out-in-out for you is there, in a right horrorshow act of tolchocking yer yarbles.. right right right?

I'm meowing in the rain, just meowing in the rain....

*moves on*

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 03:01 AM
link   
I suspect also it was the kids cat, but that is beside the point.

I bought an old farm house a couple years ago, spent a couple months working on it before we moved in. I would see this big black cat out in the woods and field. He would never come close though even though I tried many times.

One very rainy morning I looked out my door and there he was, he came in and has never left, well except to go outside, sometimes for days at a time.

We named him Rowdy. Shortly after that he brought his pregnant girlfriend home, wife named her Orange peel. We kept 2 of her kittens, Ben and Jerry, which have become Benjamin Buttons and myJerry both fixed now and love going outside.

Got pregnant again kept 4 kittens, Injun Joe, Fake Rowdy, SilverBack and my favorite little guy Lefty. All are fixed now and I have a house of cats. They are all learning to love going outside except Lefty, only on a leash. She only weighs 6 lbs and ill be 1 year old soon. But fastest cat in Eaton Co. lol

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 06:43 AM
link   
I could never declaw a cat, our sofa is basically a testament to our cats, our passed away one would literally go round and round the sofa using his claws as grip on the floor, neutering is one thing but cutting off their toes is quite another.

Generally i've found cardboard boxes great for cats to get their claw fix done and normally you can get them for free so everyones happy so long as you don't mind collecting shredded cardboard up.

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 08:49 AM
link   
WhoDat09

I had a cat a long time ago that looked almost exactly like that one. He was one of my favorite animals. I named him Canyon. Miss that guy.. he was a really good cat.

Best luck to you and your new friend!

blend57

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 09:50 AM
link   

a reply to: WhoDat09

Do you have other animals?

You'll have to get him fixed, vaccinations. Front declawed. Only brand name food, male cats are susceptible to stones. Watch the door. I would have a screen door, my own, even on apartments when I had young cats.

Cheap flea drops are on ebay, better than walgreens, cheaper than the vet. A cat this young must play. Like 1/2 hr a day with you and a toy. The rest just toys you buy or catnip. A box with a sweatshirt thrown over it is enough for the cat to sleep in when they want to sleep alone.

Never buy litter that looks like sand, they hate it.

My cats are both over 3 and still eat Purina Kitten Chow. They love it and has the right nutrients. I brush the maine coon, the tortie handles her own stuff and she likes it that way. Oliver is short haired, so it will we up to oliver if he likes brushing.

This cat will love you for life.
please don't get him declawed. It's like losing you finger tips at the knuckle.

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 10:24 AM
link   
I'd be tempted to call him/her Noname (put caps wherever you like).

I had to take my Mum's cat (who turned up in her garden one day & never left) to the vet a few years ago. They asked me her name I had nothing. I just blurted out "Cat" I almost added "with a 'K'", but I opted not to - why complicate things?

Awesome looking cat by the way. They are my favourite creatures in the whole world.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join