It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The cat with no name!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 09:15 PM
link   
Hi, everyone!

So last Friday afternoon I get a knock on the door, I live in a large complex there are like 100+ apartments in this building, anyway someone knocks on the door, I answer it. There was a little boy outside and he said "excuse me is this your cat, it's been outside your door" there was a kitten looks to be about 4-5 months old at his feet, I looked up at him and said no it is not, then feel the kitty rubbing on my leg. I picked the cat up, and the boy's brother yells to him "mom said to leave it we don't want a cat", so I told the boy to leave him here, I'll make signs. I close the door and put the cat down, he looked around a bit ... meowed at me then jumped up on the couch and curled up and went to sleep!

I make the signs put them in the mail rooms for the complex, so far I have gotten no calls, and the signs keep getting taken down!! I used all the ink in my printer for the signs and I'm on my last ones. This cat is very, very friendly, he acts like he has lived here his whole life. Took him to a vet yesterday who checked him for a chip, he didn't have one, he had a collar on, no name tag or anything, and he is not fixed. He was dirty like he had been outside for a while, he has a couple scrapes or scratches on him and he was very, very hungry, and he is very skinny.

So tomorrow night or when my last signs disappear, I am sure they will be gone my morning....... scratch that my husband just went outside and they are gone now. I have made 15 signs, and they have all gone poof! I have decided we will keep him, but I need a name!

My son started calling him Oliver the day he showed up, and I have been telling him don't name him, he is not ours! Well, my son wants to call him Oliver, my daughter doesn't, my husband wants to call him Riddick, and I don't, well nobody else wants to call him that either LOL ....... so I need a name for this cat! He is very sweet, loves to be held, loves to talk, plays with the dog and our other cat, he is very friendly, and he walked in here likes he owns this place. So I ask you guys what should we call him?

Here is the cat with no name....

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 09:24 PM
link   
Looks like Oliver to me! Such a nice looking cat, you are lucky. I would say domestic short hair, but there is something else there too.
edit on 5-3-2017 by reldra because: (no reason given)

There is a little Siamese there and a bit of Tabby. Easy to take care of, affectionate, won't shed much and smart!

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 09:25 PM
link   
a reply to: WhoDat09

Master.

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 09:29 PM
link   
a reply to: reldra

Worry about this cat opening cupboards. lol

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Do you have other animals?

You'll have to get him fixed, vaccinations. Front declawed. Only brand name food, male cats are susceptible to stones. Watch the door. I would have a screen door, my own, even on apartments when I had young cats.

Cheap flea drops are on ebay, better than walgreens, cheaper than the vet. A cat this young must play. Like 1/2 hr a day with you and a toy. The rest just toys you buy or catnip. A box with a sweatshirt thrown over it is enough for the cat to sleep in when they want to sleep alone.

Never buy litter that looks like sand, they hate it.

My cats are both over 3 and still eat Purina Kitten Chow. They love it and has the right nutrients. I brush the maine coon, the tortie handles her own stuff and she likes it that way. Oliver is short haired, so it will we up to oliver if he likes brushing.

This cat will love you for life.

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Yes, we have another cat and a dog, names are Awesomesauce we just call him Sauce
and the dog is Jinx.

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Well, sorry for all the extra advice.

Oliver may want some privacy for awhile. You know, feedings separate. If they aren't merged slowly enough, they will fight for a year.

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 09:46 PM
link   
The cat is so beautiful. Master suggested by someone is good, my daughter suggested Master Snuggles. Our cat is called Butterball Brown after a cat in a kids book.
Got to love a tabby.

Fox
Bisket king
Sir cat.

You could try writing all names on bits of paper and see which one the cat destroys or not destroy could be his name.

What lucky humans you are to be chosen by this cat.

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Why are you de clawing a cat, that's down right cruelty.

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 09:48 PM
link   
Tic Tac

Looking at her paws pads.

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 09:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cloudbuster

What lucky humans you are to be chosen by this cat.

That is true! Most of my cats chose me. 3 I rescued, but they seemed to like where they were going. That is over time, I have had a lot of cats. Only 2 now.

One is a rescue, one belonged to my friend Angela, who died of an overdose. As so many humans seem to do in the past couple years. Their pets will need homes.

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 09:51 PM
link   
Yeah, he's about the right age for someone to have dumped him.

He's past the cute kitten stage. It's sad, but that's how some people roll. Whatever you decide, I hope you do the honorable thing for the poor little guy and don't just boot him out. He was used to being someone's pet, and he's counting on you to set him on the right path whatever you do.

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 09:56 PM
link   
Apparently cats like names that end in a Y sound.
Lucky, olly, kitty etc etc.

And congrats

Cats arent stupid, if he chose you it means your place must have a lovely vibe to it.

My suggestion for a name is Morty, only because Im currently obsessed with Rick and Morty.

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 10:14 PM
link   
a reply to: IkNOwSTuff

That is sort of right. My cats are Moxie and Chloe.

I the past though, I have had Tory (the one I miss most), Bijou, Biscuit, Squirt, Angel and a couple others I can't remember the names of.

Tory was the first that was my cat as an adult in my own place. A Siamese. Bijou and Angel were in her first litter. Biscuit was an accident, the child of Tory and Bijou..I had no idea they did that.

Squirt was a rescue advertised by 10th chance rescue, I picked him up a Pet Smart, about 25 people were around his cage wanting to adopt him when I showed up, but I had adopted in advance. Siamese cats are in demand. But he had a congenital respiratory defect, they told me he had about 2 years. He actually had 1 year, but I enjoyed that year with him.

A FB friend I barely knew advertised a 'Tuxedo cat' she 'needed picked up' as she had too many kids and a small apartment. By the time I showed up, the kids had changed their mind as to which cat they wanted rid of. I left with a beautiful (and terrified Tortie), I got the better end of the deal.

Then my friend Angela, was in poor shape and had hitchhiked to Colorado. Odd, people in poor shape seem to want to go there. She called me and asked me to take her female cat from her mom who lived in a tiny apartment with 5 male cats who were injuring Moxie. I took a bus, 2 busses. Animals that aren't service animals aren't allowed on city busses, so I put her in a gym bag and sat in the back. It worked. Anglela probably wanted her cat back at some point, but she overdosed.

So here I am with Moxie and Chloe.

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 10:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Cloudbuster

I would never declaw a cat. About 6 years ago my SIL gave us a cat who was declawed, the cat would be sweet and seconds later turn on you, like evil, straight up evil! She was used to going outside because my SIL would let her go as she pleased so try as I might she NEEDED to go outside, I didn't like the idea because she didn't have front claws but this cat was EVIL, and persistent! She ended up going outside and then being hit by a car speeding down our street and needed to be put down. It wasn't till a couple years later that I discovered she had "phantom paw" syndrome. I would never get a cat declawed.

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Lol. Cats are pets and should NOT be outdoor cats. That phrase really makes no sense.

But if you feel you will not be able to keep a cat inside or have decided a cat is indoor/outdoor, then the front claws MUST stay on. That is their protection against predators.

Your SIL should not have declawed a cat that goes outdoors.

So, in rare cases, this is true. If it is an indoor cat though, it should be front declawed unless you want destroyed furniture.

None of my cats have exhibited 'phantom claw' and all probably 12 of them over time have been front declawed.

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 10:23 PM
link   
Awwww, it seems your rescue made himself right at home. I have a Siamese named Kya right now. I have had cats most of my life and loved them all. Good luck with naming him. You can look online for pet names or even exotic names.

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 10:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

Kya is a good name.

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 10:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

I like the name Kya! I don't think it would work for him tho!

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 10:30 PM
link   

I am pushing for Oliver!

Call him Oli.

I call moxie all sorts of names and she comes. One is meenie meenie. Why, I don't know. It is like little pet names I had for my daughter when she was a toddler, like LaLa and Poppo.

Later, I learned that UNIVERSALLY Lala and Poppo are things mothers call babies. I bought a toddler cup from china that has popo written on it. I then researched it and found Lala and Popo to be names women call their babies other than their actual name, pretty much worldwide.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join