It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New California Compliant AR-15

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 12:40 PM
link   
a reply to: EvillerBob

I'm pretty sure that TB was talking about the functionality and it's designed function was being ruined, which it is--the AR platform was never designed or meant for the upper to have to be separated from the lower in order for the magazine to eject.

Regarding your video--I guess that we know what will be up next on the things-to-make-illegal block in the California legislature sometime soon. That's a pretty nice work-around for the fixed-magazine issue, though. Get 'em before they're outlawed!

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 12:45 PM
link   
a reply to: SlapMonkey

You are not alone in that.

Only one among many, many reasons I'd never live in California. Great place to visit, most of the time, but live there? Never.

I've watched this video, and several others, and still don't see the point of it all. Useless. It slows nothing down, nor does it prevent rapid reloads... I'm having real trouble understanding what this accomplishes, other than pissing people off. that and wanting to be seen doing something!!

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 01:15 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

I think that's the point, though--California legislators are all about the attention that some of their laws brings to the liberal agenda, and sometimes nothing more. Plus, they know that they have a liberal appellate court if a law is challenged, so it will be on the books for a while.

But I think that they know what they're doing--if they can make something that they see as the devil into something so cumbersome to use that it just pisses people off, they'll quit purchasing or using it. It's relatively similar in design to the long-term tactics used to make marijuana illegal way back in the day...or fully-automatic weapons today would be a better comparison, I guess, with all of its illegal manufacturing and costly licenses and whatnot.

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 01:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: SlapMonkey
a reply to: seagull

I think that's the point, though--California legislators are all about the attention that some of their laws brings to the liberal agenda, and sometimes nothing more. Plus, they know that they have a liberal appellate court if a law is challenged, so it will be on the books for a while.

Too true. Ninth circuit will probably support it, however, the Supreme's in all likelihood, will not. Give it a year, or two, would be my guess.

But I think that they know what they're doing--if they can make something that they see as the devil into something so cumbersome to use that it just pisses people off, they'll quit purchasing or using it. It's relatively similar in design to the long-term tactics used to make marijuana illegal way back in the day...or fully-automatic weapons today would be a better comparison, I guess, with all of its illegal manufacturing and costly licenses and whatnot.

But the truly amazing thing is, it doesn't appear to slow anything down appreciably. Doesn't look all that cumbersome...

That was, it's fairly easy to see, the intent of this law. To make it difficult, if not impossible, for regular folks to deal with the changes necessary to own an AR-15. It's easy to install, and uninstall, it doesn't slow down reloading by enough to matter save perhaps in a fierce fire fight, though given the speed of reloading that some are capable of, not even then. Rather a large fail...imho.

Who ever thought this travesty up, is to put it mildly, a micro-cephalic idiot.

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 05:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull

Who ever thought this travesty up, is to put it mildly, a micro-cephalic idiot.

Death by a thousand teeny-tiny papercuts is the preferred way of eroding civil liberties these days, and it seems to be working. They're not idiots - well, they are, but that's for another thread - but they are patient.

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 08:29 PM
link   
a reply to: EvillerBob

Yes they are.

I call them idiots, and they are, but their masters are, most definitely, not.

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 09:44 AM
link   
a reply to: JIMC5499

This, in a nutshell.

Using gun control laws to combat mass shootings and urban violence is about as stupid as using sodomy laws and gay marriage bans to combat pedophilia.

It only ends up punishing harmless law-abiding individuals because they choose to partake an an activity tangentially related to something that criminals do.

Shall. Not. Be. Infringed.

I can't wait for the new Supreme Court to tear some of these AR bans and ridiculous may-issue CCW permit state laws to shreds.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join