It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New California Compliant AR-15

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 03:45 PM
link   
It is a shame that people have to go to such lengths, but for those poor souls living in the state of California, new compliant AR's!

Foolish Progressives and their restrictive laws, there will "always" be people who will be innovative and outclass you..... Idiots.

www.facebook.com...

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 03:59 PM
link   
.....all that coupled with a 10 round mag.....thank god I don't live in Kalifornia!

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 04:59 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

Well, at least with all the restrictive laws there they have eliminated mass murders in the state.

Oh wait.....

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 05:58 PM
link   
I dont use farcebook .
Any other links ?

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 07:48 PM
link   
what a stupid gun! reason 10,001 why I live in MN. From my cold dead hands guys!!

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Can someone describe what makes this gun different from a stock AR 15. What are the changes needed to make it Cali compliant?

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 08:08 PM
link   
Are you talking about the safe mag system?

It will not make much of a difference to how much damage one can do with the firearm. It will only require someone to practice a bit to become accustomed to the system.

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 08:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: D8Tee
Can someone describe what makes this gun different from a stock AR 15. What are the changes needed to make it Cali compliant?

The mag can only be removed by separating the upper and lower receivers.

There is no manual release.

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 12:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: infolurker
It is a shame that people have to go to such lengths, but for those poor souls living in the state of California, new compliant AR's!

Foolish Progressives and their restrictive laws, there will "always" be people who will be innovative and outclass you..... Idiots.

www.facebook.com...

Are all long guns to be built this way or only evil black plastic "assault" rifles?

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 12:31 AM
link   
I couldn't go out where the hogs get growls with a ten round mag.......out back here.....past my gate is three miles by two miles of lake flood forest...full of wild hogs that think they own the place at night.....if you're a hiker, why they growl till ya go around.

Gotta have 190 rounds to lay out fast, so I can possibly get all the way back home, if I happen to offend a big one.....ya gotta be lookin for which tree to get up in......

Just so we have a Texas point of view of what's proper for the great out doors these days

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 07:03 AM
link   

I'd also like to see a link, thanks!

Fwiw, why would someone looking to go on a shooting spree in Cali not just pick up a real ar and some 30rd mags first? I'm sure they can be had, if not in Cali not far from there. Oh darn, guess I can't murder people, I'd have to break a law about owning something first...

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 07:12 AM
link   
At least it doesn't have the dog ass ugly stock that they make you use in New York.

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 08:17 AM
link   
a reply to: introvert

Certainly looks like it to me.

Certainly a foolish way to go about making the "scary" rifle less scary... With a little practice, it's not going to be appreciably slower. I mean how fast does a mass shooter really need to be?? How many steps are truly being added to the reload process? One, maybe two? Not having seen one personally, and going by the video, it doesn't seem to be all that much difference with a little practice.

For home defense? If the fight lasts longer than ten rounds you've probably got other issues aside from reloading. Which, again, is solved probably with more practice. The gentleman in the video certainly didn't seem to have any issues with fairly quick reloads...

What's that old saying? A penny wise, a pound foolish?

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 08:21 AM
link   
Here's a very short video (just over two minutes) that shows installation, and I assume talks you through it--my speakers aren't working for some odd reason.

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 09:46 AM
link   

I'm sorry... can someone explain to me what the point of that is?

I mean, why buy an AR-15 if you have to go through all that crap? You may as well just get a bloody M1 Garand or a Lee Enfield, if this sort of nonsense is going to be necessary! Its got to be a hell of a lot better than purchasing an AR-15, then having to ruin the thing to make it legal.

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 10:30 AM
link   
I was finally able to watch the (second) video posted, since it's not on friendface...

and I must say, that is an abomination, clearly designed to skirt a law that shouldn't have ever been written.
And no, it won't make any difference with a little bit of practice- but of course it doesn't even begin to answer the "why" of the law in the first place.

A mass shooter isn't going to be stopped by laws. Making more laws only means they'll break more laws. They don't care about the law, so having a "legal" AR in CA is only helpful for the law abiding citizens who want one. Any criminal will just go out and get the one that isn't CA legal- and it will work better than the ones all the legal folks have to defend against it.

It's all a bit backwards, if you ask me.

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 11:29 AM
link   
I've said it before and I'll say it again.

Gun laws only affect people that you don't have to worry about in the first place.

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 11:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit

I'm sorry... can someone explain to me what the point of that is?

I mean, why buy an AR-15 if you have to go through all that crap? You may as well just get a bloody M1 Garand or a Lee Enfield, if this sort of nonsense is going to be necessary! Its got to be a hell of a lot better than purchasing an AR-15, then having to ruin the thing to make it legal.

The changes needed to make it California compliant can usually be undone in 5 minutes with a screwdriver (ARs have always been quite modular in that respect) so it's not ruined, just set up in a different configuration.

Also, some people like to be contrary and buy something specifically because other people are telling them they can't have it. Same reasoning behind a lot of people who buy UK-legal AR15s.

A more interesting variation that I saw recently involved a fixed magazine and a stripper clip system that let them load the mag via the ejection port - a very neat idea, with loading taking about as long as changing mags in a normal setup.

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 12:11 PM
link   
a reply to: EvillerBob

I like the stripper clips- like the old reliable SKS, only the ammo used to come preinstalled on disposable ones.

Great design...

But I'm with JIMC5499 - the law making the standard AR15 non compliant is useless in the first place- and they'll probably create another equally pointless law to ban this new design...

The people who will obey the law aren't the people the laws were written for. *shrug*

Glad this ill conceived way of thinking hasn't spread farther than it already has...

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 12:34 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

This literally makes me want to smack the lawmakers that pass this BS.

<<   2 >>

join