It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Attorney General Sessions to speak amid backlash over Russian communications

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 06:45 PM
link   
a reply to: luthier

I don't like public employees unions in their current form while I do support the police.

The problem with unions is that they have gotten larger than the entities they bargain against. For example, two (?) major teachers' unions and how many school districts? How have they not become a monopoly power? I can see a union bargaining on equal footing, but we've gone beyond that in a lot of areas.

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 06:48 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I fully support the police but I want good ones. Unions protect bad ones.

I have martial arts friends who are cops. They hate lazy cops too. It does nobody any good to protect dead wood.

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 06:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
He's going to recuse himself! Yes!

I had a different read on the recusal. Granted, I only listened to it on the radio, but his speech sounded to me like damn near everyone was telling him to do it. He mentioned numerous past laws and advisors telling him he should. If he were innocent he wouldn't have had to go into those details.

There's bipartisian calls for him to resign, and pretty much everyone who isn't calling for a resignation is calling for him to recuse himself, with most wanting a special prosecutor.

I don't think he's going to be the AG for long.

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 06:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: deadlyhope
a reply to: gortex

Tell me, gortex, what were you doing at 10:53 am, exactly six months ago to the day?

Why would this man be expected to have an impeccable memory, and be able to answer the question I just asked you?

His speech made it clear that meeting with ambassadors is very common, so it'd be like asking you what you had for lunch some months ago

I remember exactly what I was doing on 9/2/2016 at 10:53 am, but I guess I lead a pretty routine life, I could even go as far as to pick out precisely what I was wearing that day. Just imagine if I had a secretary and official schedule I could look back on and reference?

For the record, at 10:53 I would have been sleeping, since my alarm on Fridays at that time was set for 11 am.
edit on 2-3-2017 by Aazadan because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 07:04 PM
link   
US politics is finding it's way into a New Era.

There will be casualties on both sides.

The old order will fall.

New blood will prove itself.

Liars will be replaced by those who can defend the Truth.

Sessions is expendable.

We need a better future.

He might not have a contribution to make.

Let the reason he failed be a lesson for his replacement.

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 08:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan

You would have been or you were?

You remember your normal routine from that time, but that is different from remembering exactly what you did on that day.

What if you were questioned under oath and you said you were sleeping and then someone produces video timestamped appropriately that shows that one that particular day, you actually woke up to take a piss at that time.

Uh-oh! You just perjured yourself.

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 08:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: Aazadan

You would have been or you were?

You remember your normal routine from that time, but that is different from remembering exactly what you did on that day.

What if you were questioned under oath and you said you were sleeping and then someone produces video timestamped appropriately that shows that one that particular day, you actually woke up to take a piss at that time.

Uh-oh! You just perjured yourself.

I would answer with my schedule and say that I was probably sleeping.

I can give him leeway that he might not remember his schedule perfectly, or even what ambassadors he's met with. I'm sure only the more important ones come to mind. What's really key here isn't that he said he didn't have meetings with the Russians when he clearly did, but rather what was said in those meetings.

Either nothing was said, in which case there's nothing to remember, or something important was said, and if so that will hopefully come out by assigning someone to the case.

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 09:43 AM
link   
a reply to: deadlyhope

Tell me, gortex, what were you doing at 10:53 am, exactly six months ago to the day?
Why would this man be expected to have an impeccable memory, and be able to answer the question I just asked you?

Because unlike myself Jeff Sessions was part of Presiden Donald Trump's team 6 months ago so I would expect he would have a diary or written record of meetings he had scheduled.

a reply to: SlapMonkey

Meh...remembering small details on the fly like this during a press conference is difficult to do. Hell, it's difficult to do for many people, period.

Hardly on the fly , he called the press conference plus he's had plenty of time to prepare.

The response "I don't recall" is political speak for No comment.

edit on 3-3-2017 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 10:48 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

So what if the Russians recorded the entire conversation and can use it as blackmail? Even just to make the liberal media go crazy. Or worse he mentions the campaign?

It does no one any favors to assume a politician is telling the truth because they say so. Even if it's your party.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join