It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Agenda driven garbage - Moonlight wins oscar

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:
(post by fusiondoe removed for a manners violation)

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 11:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: fusiondoe

originally posted by: Tiger5

originally posted by: fusiondoe
Ok garbage is maybe a little strong,

OK You are not a racist but you are quick to avoid that appellation - why?

What is your real agenda seeing that you are great at spotting the agenda of others.

Have you seen all of the Oscar - nominated films? Sorry, but that is the best way to ascertain the validity of your cinematographic knowledge. I frankly do not have the time to view all of the films that are nominated and quite often the films that I really love are not nominated to Oscars generally. I am a Sci fi buff and like indie films , both genres are not well received by most critics be it books or films.

Quick to avoid it because people like you write 'what is your real agenda'?? I have no agenda other then to state that the film was not worthy of an Oscar as it was not very good. Simple as that really.

So please stop before you even start

You have to agree that it was at least an original story. There are very little films made about the black gay experience.
BTW the Chiron as an affliction theme is interesting.

Here are the Best film awards by title and year.
2015 Spotlight
2014 Birdman
2013 12 years a slave
2102 Argo
2012 The Artist
2011 The King’s speech
2010 The Hurt Locker
2009 Slumdog millionaire
2008 No Country for Old men
2007 The Departed
Did every film have an agenda? Did you think every film deserved the award? Have you seen every film? I have not. But then I am not so peeved as to start a whole thread over this. But then I have no re agenda? I do not whinge is white people win Oscars for great, so-so or even mediocre films.

I can choose what I wish to watch.

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 02:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: six67seven
a reply to: fusiondoe

You sir are a brave soul...for admitting on ATS that you watch the Oscars

In all seriousness, you'd be better off watching CNN...nope... QVC for 4 straight hours. Alternatively, you could carve your eyes out with a spoon, and be better off.

It's true!

i watch them every year and i always enjoy them
guess it helps to me a movie buff.

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 02:01 PM
link   
OMG! an All Black cast dealing with LGBT+ issues 'Muh Amerikkka"
edit on 2-3-2017 by XAnarchistX because: (no reason given)

edit on 2-3-2017 by XAnarchistX because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 02:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tiger5

Here are the Best film awards by title and year.
2015 Spotlight
2014 Birdman
2013 12 years a slave
2102 Argo
2012 The Artist
2011 The King’s speech
2010 The Hurt Locker
2009 Slumdog millionaire
2008 No Country for Old men
2007 The Departed

ive seen all those except the artist. enjoyed them all.
the departed is the shizz. hurt locker was awesome too.

kathryn bigelow deserved the best director and im glad she got it. pretty sure that was the first time for a woman.
she also directed strange days, zero dark thirty, and one of the best movies of all time point break

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 02:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears

originally posted by: six67seven
a reply to: fusiondoe

You sir are a brave soul...for admitting on ATS that you watch the Oscars

In all seriousness, you'd be better off watching CNN...nope... QVC for 4 straight hours. Alternatively, you could carve your eyes out with a spoon, and be better off.

It's true!

i watch them every year and i always enjoy them
guess it helps to me a movie buff.

Thank you! However there seems to be an odd hatred of anything even remotely connected with the entertainment business lately here on ATS... imo...a spin off from the "fake news" meme, courtesy of the Orange Jesus.

The irony is; the people ragging on the movies, news, Oscars and media in general, will turn on the TV for their bread and circus thinking that somehow all that moving imagery is just magically created. No thought of the many fine people that bring them the content thru their hard work; that offers them relief from their banal, tedious, and unhappy little lives. Is it any wonder there crops up a little jealously directed to those of us "livin the dream"....

Just turn the TV off, don't see the films, if you are triggered by the content. It's that simple.

edit on 2-3-2017 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 02:32 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

yeah man.
its quite the trend lately to bash hollywood and move stars. its like super cool to bitch about how they live in gated mansions and such and how they are out of touch. i get off on those comments cause those same people come to the defense of the orange one when it comes to how much he is costing taxpayers due to his trips to mar a largo and the cost of protecting melania and baron in new york.
i mean this man lived(s) in a #ing 100 million dollar penthouse. his pre teen kid has an entire floor of the building to himself.
they will defend that # but boy if a movie star has a gate around their property........watch out

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Funnily, I was talking to a friend of mine at work this week (who happens to be a black Muslim man who shares the same passion for cinema I do), and we spoke about the fake manufactured outrage at the Oscars last year regarding how no African American actors/actresses were nominated, and agreed it was completely ridiculous - it's as if those who kicked up a fuss don't recognise that African Americans represent a small percentage in terms of the number of actively working actors out there, and despite that fact, African Americans are still nominated for their achievements in cinema all the time, and not just with the Academy Awards either (i.e. Denzel Washington, Chiwetel Ejiofor). It's just this fake outcry as if anyone actually lost any sleep about it.

Regardless,we both agreed that Moonlight was a good movie, by any meaningful standard that you can rate a movie. It might not have been everyone's cuppa' tea, but it was certainly a well crafted film with great performances.
edit on 2-3-2017 by DeusInAbsentia because: Grammar

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 04:08 PM
link   

I agree. No real conspiracy; just entertainment of various types. No need to get het up over it; just find another film! This is why I keep asking some for an Agenda. Frankly every year comes around the my personal best film NEVER gets an Oscar. John Sayles never got an Oscar! Last year I saw "Hell or high water" Did it get an Oscar Hell No! Am bothered a bt bt I just tell people about a great movie. There still is no conspiracy!!

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 05:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Tiger5

The Conspiracy is thinking LA LA land deserved to win, and this is coming from someone who Loves musicals

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 07:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Tiger5

A conspiracy and an agenda are two different concepts that cannot be used interchangeably.

Your desire to pass them both off as far-away. intangible possibilities makes me question your motives in this thread. You want the idea of an overall conspiracy to seem ridiculous, as well as those with an agenda that supports the conspiracy to look like they have no clue about which they are speaking.

posted on Mar, 4 2017 @ 05:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok
Here is my idea for a movie.

A black confused gay , transgender is brought up in a repressive Christian republican family.

He discovers he is a Muslim

He runs off to join ISIS

He becomes disabled in the war

He returns home and is arrested cruelly persecuted by the evil Trump administration for having joined ISIS

While he is in prison he discovers he is both gay and transgendered.

Two lesbian lawyers work on his behalf to get him released and his transgendered rights in prison recognised.

They lose the case but a new democrat government comes into power and they heroically release our main character on appeal.

He lives happy ever after on welfare.

The end.

Sounds like the perfect premise for Idiocracy 2!

posted on Mar, 4 2017 @ 05:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears

yeah man.
its quite the trend lately to bash hollywood and move stars. its like super cool to bitch about how they live in gated mansions and such and how they are out of touch.

Hillary using them (celebs) only hurt her more for her run for presidency. Who are those overly high paid entertainers to tell people who to vote for? LIke really. People are fed up by them. And then we have all those who pledged to move to Canada if Trump won. How many left? None. They are way too happy in America, being overpaid and all. They deserve all the hate they can get for what they are trying to do.

And lets not get into the whole Oscar's REAL thing: Its all being used for politics and other related bs.
edit on 4-3-2017 by Jungian because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2017 @ 05:41 AM
link   

There are very little films made about the black gay experience.

Really? Even so, does that automatically qualify it to Oscar? Is there something about that experience that everyone needs to know about? Do you have something you want to get off your chest? ^

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join