It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

GOP wants to eliminate shadowy DOJ slush fund bankrolling leftist groups

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 09:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

originally posted by: c2oden
a reply to: Gryphon66

Why are you so quick to defend and deflect?

With what has been presented, do you think it is possible that the Obama adminstration funneled money to activist organizations?

It is a yes or no question that can you answer without rhetoric.

Defend and deflect???

I linked actual sources that speak to the topic. Do some reading and get back to me.

This is the response I expected.

Yes or no?

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 09:14 PM
link   

You can double speak all you want. The fact of the matter is that a lot of these large settlements with banks were made with a wink and a nod. We don't prosecute you and you donate millions of dollars to our particular cause. Some of those banks are the reasons behind the Great Recession. Instead of Obama and his cronies going after them for the crimes they committed they agreed not to prosecute if they donated money to Liberal causes. You could stick your head in the sand or do your best sleight-of-hand try to hide those facts but those are the facts. Was it illegal at the time? That's questionable some people say that it is. Some of those people are distinguished lawyers. But no matter who you ask it is unethical

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 09:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Arizonaguy

You can double speak all you want. The fact of the matter is that a lot of these large settlements with banks were made with a wink and a nod. We don't prosecute you and you donate millions of dollars to our particular cause. Some of those banks are the reasons behind the Great Recession. Instead of Obama and his cronies going after them for the crimes they committed they agreed not to prosecute if they donated money to Liberal causes. You could stick your head in the sand or do your best sleight-of-hand try to hide those facts but those are the facts. Was it illegal at the time? That's questionable some people say that it is. Some of those people are distinguished lawyers. But no matter who you ask it is unethical

Double speak? What in the heck are you talking about?

I have LINKED the Senate Report on this and QUOTED parts of it for you.

I've stated clearly twice now that, although DOJ didn't send any Federal money or recovered funds anywhere, coercing the banks to donate funds to community development groups is really questionable.

You can keep desperately trying to make this about me and justify your prejudices toward me.

It wasn't illegal, CBO weighed in on it.

Finally the "liberal organizations" listed are indeed community services/development groups. I know "La Raza" sends some folks over the moon ... and I'm sure it doesn't occur to you and your fellows here that perhaps, this was one way to get money back to folks who lost their homes ... but of course, I have no proof of that.

It doesn't always have to be a battle with your "side" winning, AZ.

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 10:35 PM
link   
It would be nice if they would supply a full list of where the money went. Maybe big banks or corps. donated to the charity owned and run by a relative of the CEO of the corporation or a charity run by a relative of a judge or possibly a radical movement.

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 10:56 PM
link   

I'm well versed in Demolition, and I work for free so...

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 10:57 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Well, I'm already hired by Soro's, Hillary, Obama, Putin, Bannon... who else is left?

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 03:51 AM
link   
This needs a full investigation and if it is found that the previous administration was covertly funding liberal activist groups then the people responsible should be punished.

I can only imagine the uproar if the Trump administration was secretly finding ways to fund the NRA.

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 09:28 AM
link   
Good one! cut off the money to that scum, now go after the lamestream media, they've been lying to Americans for too long....

top topics

<< 1   >>

join