It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Silly question of the day: Why haven't Aliens visited us if they exist?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 08:13 AM
link   
This question is silly and doesn't make much sense. The reason it doesn't make any sense is because in order to ask this question you have to blindly discount every U.F.O. sighting or close encounter that has ever occurred. This is just an excersize in subjective reasoning.

Think about it, when you say why haven't Aliens visited us, this implies that they have visited us and U.F.O. sightings confirm this.

When you say this, you're determining how an Alien race will visit us. If they're not visiting us with U.F.O.'s and probes like 2 of the 3 U.F.O.'s I have seen, then how will they visit us?

We send out satellites, probes and rovers and eventually they will be equipped with artificial intelligence. So we may send a probe equipped with A.I. to Trappist-1. If we sent New Horizons which travels at 32,000 mph to Trappist it would take 817,000 years. The star is believed to be 500,000 years old which makes this a young system. We could eventually send probes there to look for life or to jumpstart life and seed the planet.

So again, if some U.F.O.'s aren't extraterrestrial then how would an Alien Race visit or monitor this planet? Why couldn't they find us the same way we have found Trappist-1e or Kepler 22b?
edit on 27-2-2017 by neoholographic because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 08:18 AM
link   
They may well have sent probes and it may have taken thoysands of years for those probes to reach us. How would we ever know?

Why haven't they visited us? Because the technology doesn't exist to do so.

Entities seen on this planet have always been here, they are not visitors.

posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 08:21 AM
link   
They have better things to do than deal with a lifeform thats the galactic "here , hold my beer .. " jokes .

posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 08:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Nexttimemaybe

You said:

Look, you can't limit technology that other civilizations may have based on our understanding. That's just too egocentric. The whole universe isn't limited to the knowledge and technology of our planet.

There may be more Earth-like planets than grains of sand on all our beaches

Actually, if the estimates of 40 billion Earth-sized planets in habitable zones of sun-like or red dwarf stars in the Milky Way and the estimate of the 100 billion to 200 billion galaxies in the universe are accurate -- and if the average galaxy has roughly the same number of Earth cousins as the Milky Way, then the chances that we are the only planet with life are more like one in 6 sextillion.

www.cnet.com...

And this is an article before the Trappist-1 discovery which would increase these estimates.

posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 08:30 AM
link   
I think that life in our Galaxy is very common, that there is so much life that we become insignificant to other space traveling species.

They might have scouted our planet/solar system, but don't really care about us, because of our early stage technology wise and destructive behavior .

posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 08:33 AM
link   
Humans consider themselves "advanced" but, just like our scientists if they had the technology,, "They" would study us from a distance, monitor our communicatons and watch us through probes.
"They" are no different than "We" when it comes to that......or at least that's my opinion. I really hate when people say stuff like "I am a Watcher" or claim they are in frequent contact with aliens and other nonsense, but when you ask for proof, you get nothing but excuses.

"Sure pal, the Human race has been looking for proof of alien life for thousands of years and we should have just asked you."

posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 08:34 AM
link   
being we're stuck out at the end of one of the arms of a spiral galaxy,
they might consider up the redneck bumpkins of the galaxy

posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 08:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Mianeye
I think that life in our Galaxy is very common, that there is so much life that we become insignificant to other space traveling species.

They might have scouted our planet/solar system, but don't really care about us, because of our early stage technology wise and destructive behavior .

Excellent points,

This is what I mean by egocentric view of the universe.

We're a type 0 civilization and simply primitive in our technology when you look at the Kardashev scale. We're on the brink of some serious technological breakthroughs that will help transition us to type 1 status.

posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 08:38 AM
link   
a reply to: neoholographic

Maybe life elsewhere in the galaxy/universe does in fact exist (and I think it does), but interplanetary travel it is very very very difficult.

Intelligent life could be a lot of places, but all isolated by the virtually impassable space between them.

posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 08:38 AM
link   

Perhaps we are not standing on their menu ...

posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 08:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nexttimemaybe
They may well have sent probes and it may have taken thoysands of years for those probes to reach us. How would we ever know?

Entities seen on this planet have always been here, they are not visitors.

So we took to flight in 1903 in KittyHawk NC
and then landed on the Moon 66 years later.
If a civilization was a VERY conservative 10,000 years ahead,
on that trajectory, Faster than Light travel would be conquered with
9000 years to spare ? Now how about a very doable
2 million years ahead ?
If they are out there, they can get here .

edit on 27-2-2017 by UnderKingsPeak because: paragraph

posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 08:40 AM
link   

I never said I was basing it on our knowledge of technology. No aliens have ever visited earth. That is highly likely due to the fact we know you cannot travel faster than light. Nothing can.

If you think bending space will ever become a reality, for any civilisations, then I suggest you stop taking sci-go films so seriously.

posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 08:42 AM
link   
I don't think it's a matter of them not visiting us.
I think they've always been here and have never left
We're just not advanced enough to recognize things that are right in front of our faces.

posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Distance , technology and level of intelligence are all barriers with distance being the main barrier.
There may be other intelligent species out there who do know or suspect we are here but they could be limited to their own Solar Systems as we are.

The TRAPPIST-1 system may contain a planet or maybe more that is host to life but if that life is like the majority of life on this planet they have no way to either contact or visit us.

posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 08:47 AM
link   

That is highly likely due to the fact we know you cannot travel faster than light. Nothing can.

That's just Human ego talking.
When someone says "We" know such and such, I always mentally add "As far as we know". We are making new breakthroughs all the time. Who is to say that a civilization thousand or millions of years ahead of us, hasn't figured it out?

First airplane...

Roughly 100 years later....

Now...imagine what They might have.
edit on 27-2-2017 by DAVID64 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 08:47 AM
link   

That makes no sense.

Why would we have to bend space to send probes equipped with A.I. to Trappist-1?

In fact, I doubt if humanoids travel like we see in sci-fi shows. It's humanoid robots or probes equipped with A.I. Like I said, we could send a probe to Trappist-1 today that travels at 32,000 miles an hour and will get there in 817,000 years.

Let's say in 817,000 years, planet Trappist-1e has developed primitive life forms. If they see our probe they will see it as a U.F.O. We can do this and we're a type 0 civilization. Imagine what we can do in 50-100 years from now.

posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 08:48 AM
link   
why do we observe wild beasts from the safety...and why so often we dont show ourselves to animals we observe ?

posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 08:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: MarioOnTheFly
why do we observe wild beasts from the safety...and why so often we dont show ourselves to animals we observe ?

So they don't eat us.

Are you saying we would eat the space aliens if they were coming here?

posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 08:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: MarioOnTheFly

This.

posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 08:52 AM
link   
Also:

If they're not visiting us with U.F.O.'s and probes like 2 of the 3 U.F.O.'s I have seen, then how will they visit us?

When I hear people say U.F.O.'s aren't evidence of extraterrestrial visitation, I have to ask, how would they visit us if not through probes and engineered lifeforms?

We may one day 3D print a more durable lifeform that could withstand long space travel.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join