It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

United States Could Join The British Commonwealth As ‘Associate Member’

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 06:36 PM
link   
a reply to: the2ofusr1

We already have antifa hooligans, what do we need football for?

posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 06:41 PM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss
Football hooligans have probably got better songs.

posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 06:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Semidemigod
a reply to: dianajune

The Queen doesn't really do that much other than appear on our cash .... a lot of people think the house o Windsor are just a drain on our resources. ..

Or as my pal says blood sucking leeches ....

It was my understanding that the Civil List was abolished a few years ago. HM the Queen has private income from her estates, along with the Privy Purse and Sovereign Grant. The Queen does pay taxes but as far as I know her net worth has not been made public.

The Duchy of Cornwall provides funds for the Prince of Wales and his family, and the Duke of Edinburgh receives a certain amount from the gov't every year. Other than that I am not familiar with how much it costs to maintain the Monarchy, but what about all the money it brings in every year because of the tourist industry?

If this "union" comes about it could be economically beneficial for the U.S. and Britain.

I think it's safe to say that I support the Monarchy, but how would this proposal impact its future (if at all)?

But that's a topic for another thread.

posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 06:51 PM
link   
a reply to: LABTECH767

Thank you for the links!

posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 06:54 PM
link   
a reply to: the2ofusr1

Of course!

posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 06:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: GraffikPleasure
Funny thing is... We would have millions of people that are not even citizens voting if it were up to a vote.

What does an associate member entail?

Agreed.....we had many illegal voters during last year's election. One could imagine how this would turn out if this were up to a vote and non-citizens took part.

I'm not sure what being an associate member would entail, but I don't think HM the Queen would be head of state. I think this would be primarily an economic union of sorts.

I wouldn't mind being able to travel to Britain w/o having to get another passport.

posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 06:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: DISRAELI
You're going to have to learn cricket. That's obligatory.
You'll soon pick it up. It's like baseball, but with only two bases, and higher scores.

I don't do cricket. But I am willing to learn polo and attend Royal Ascot!

posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Back to the fold??? wow! God save the Queen..hmm unlikely tho.

posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 07:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: dianajune

originally posted by: smurfy

originally posted by: dianajune

I suspect that Brexit may be one reason this idea came about. Thoughts, anyone?

It probably is..an automatic British passport, all American citizens will be able to step over the the immigrant bodies at the airports ...etc.
I'll read it again in case Breibart it's an old Mlio story.
Just to add Nigel Farage is in the mix somehow....now he is a joke.

This would be an interesting alternative to the European Union. If this comes about, the powers-that-be in the EU won't be very pleased as it would give Britain and the U.S. many economic benefits. Brexit is still taking forever. The EU doesn't want to let go of its prized possession.

Farage is an interesting character. A "joke?" Not imo, but very interesting.

He is a joke, and a hypocrite, he said in May 20i6 that a 52-48 win for the Remain side in the EU referendum would be “unfinished business”. A week or so ago he was on BBC news calling the 'remain camp' sore losers...did you know that?
Besides that, right afer the referendum he walked away from it all, looking for a job in Trump's cult, besides that, he is still ensconced in Brussels, and still taking his MEP salary...do you know that?
Besides that, and immediately after the Brexit vote was known he sat down to a morning TV interview and admitted that the famous £350million EU money payment, a myth on it's own anyway, would not go to the NHS...did you know that?

However, as you say Farage is,

posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 07:24 PM
link   
a reply to: smurfy

Did you know the £350 million myth as you call it wasn't even the campaign Farage was in so what are you on about.Typical remainder propaganda and of course he still takes his e.u. salary,he is still an m.e.p.
Would you work for nothing?
This man did more than anyone to educate the masses on how dodgy the whole e.u. set up was, without him we would never even have had the chance to leave the e.u.

edit on 26/2/2017 by glen200376 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 08:09 PM
link   
I'd be cool with it. sure.

posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 08:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: DISRAELI
You're going to have to learn cricket. That's obligatory.
You'll soon pick it up. It's like baseball, but with only two bases, and higher scores.

Nobody learns Cricket..even Cricket players aren't 100% sure what is going on!

I will learn the get drunk at a pub, wear a traffic cone as a hat, and punch someone aspect of british culture instead.

posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 08:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: glen200376
a reply to: smurfy

Did you know the £350 million myth as you call it wasn't even the campaign Farage was in so what are you on about.Typical remainder propaganda and of course he still takes his e.u. salary,he is still an m.e.p.
Would you work for nothing?
This man did more than anyone to educate the masses on how dodgy the whole e.u. set up was, without him we would never even have had the chance to leave the e.u.

He was part of the leave campaign et al, used the same demographs, (apart from the actual figures of course) and sleeve tugging over the NHS and schools etc and only directly distanced himself from it right after the results.
And of course the biggie, that the referendum in Britain was all to do ultimately with immigration, nothing do to with your dodgy EU in other words. Even my sister, a staunch SE England Conservative, couldn't believe the falseness of the campaign, and also Farage's part in it at the end of the day. And yes, she voted to leave, but now realises she was conned big time. So don't you bull# me.

BTW I see you totally ignored the main thrust of my earlier post exposing Farage as a hypocrite as to the actual voting numbers, and yes there was a site setup in davance to continue the leave campaign, except that it turned out, most of the voters at that site voted to remain.

edit on 26-2-2017 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Here is an idea, how about Britain dropped all that royal stuff and become a state..

posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 09:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Semidemigod

Or as my pal says blood sucking leeches ....

You are far too kind in your description of the most expensive inbred family in the world. Personally I was hoping Canada could get a divorce from this bunch. I really can't understand why Britain would think the US would become an associate member. That's like going backwards to work for your facist boss after you already found a better high paying job where you are your own boss lol.

I think the object of associations is to trade up, not down. Maybe it's different in bizarro world, oh wait, we are in bizarro world.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 10:13 PM
link   
Nice try queen Elizabeth ...
i aint buyin your tea or crumpets

posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 11:39 PM
link   
Interesting...

However the break up was pretty messy and costly...

How about we just remain friends?

On a serious note though if it is a business type setup then there are positives to it. If it comes with the political entanglements like we see with Canada / Australia / UK / Etc then im positive our Constitution would not allow for it.

Remember -
"The sun never sets on the British Empire..."

and thats because God does not trust the British in the dark

edit on 26-2-2017 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 12:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Spider879

Wouldn't save that much the palaces would be there and still need maintenance and along with most of the staff to run them and also the tax man would lose all the money generated by the crown as they hand over control of certain lands to a group of people and in return she gets a 15% cut but its still her land and every monarch is expected to do so.

Plus we'd need an elected president to do formal state visits which would need a lot of rerwriting of the law which could take decades.

posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 05:19 AM
link   
The Royal Commonealth Society is not the Commonwealth of Nations, so best not confuse the two.

The RCS opening in America is their business. As a charity they operate across the Commonwealth area and can extend that to the US if they want to.

The Commonwealth (of Nations) is not a charity and would not allow the US in its ranks because the US is not eligible.

Hope that's clear.
edit on 27/2/2017 by paraphi because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 06:01 AM
link   

Yea I'm not sure why we cant travel as such now anyways... we do everything together internationally. If we were side by side maybe, it's probably because of the flight...

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join