It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Six men jailed for exhuming a 'vampire' to eat his heart

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2005 @ 03:06 PM
link   
This was so crazy, I just had to post it. I didnt realize that eating a vampires heart was a form of protection, I always thought just staking it was protection enough.

SIX Romanians have been jailed for digging up the corpse of a cancer victim, ripping his heart out and eating it because they thought he was a vampire.

The men, who have each been sentenced to six months in jail, waited for seven weeks after the 76-year-old former schoolteacher died before exhuming the corpse and mutilating it.

After cutting the deceased’s heart out they burned it, mixed it with ash and water to make a "meaty drink". They told the court in the southern Romanian town of Craiova they all felt "much better" afterwards.

The six men all came from the remote village of Marotinul de Sus and told the court it was "well known" that such a remedy was the only protection against the undead.

All were sentenced for violating a grave. All claimed that they acted in self-defence from "a well-known vampire".

Romania, which encompasses Transylvania, was the setting for Bram Stoker’s Dracula novels.

Link

posted on Jan, 31 2005 @ 06:29 PM
link   
We got some crazy people in the world...but hey, it might just be true. All six people...hmm...sounds "fishy".

posted on Jan, 31 2005 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Hmmmmmmm... what a "hearty" meal...

But seriously.. there ARE some very messed up people in this world. Especially with all these legends and folklores.. can drive people to do pretty crazy stuff.

It sickens me, though...

[STAY COOL)
-prophetmike

posted on Jan, 31 2005 @ 08:33 PM
link   
and the guy was dead so really we are just talking about desecrating a corpse. Disrespectful, but at least they waited until he had died.

It's been a long time since I read anything on vampire legends, but I remember different regions, countries, etc. had different methodologies for killing vampires. Some believed that the heart had to be removed and burned. Others called for cutting off the head of the suspected vampire and stuffing the mouth with garlic or rose petals or placing the head upside down in the coffin.

This is the first time I have ever heard of consuming the heart of a vampire. Most legends give the impression that the vampire is unclean (spiritually). In eating the heart wouldn't that make the vampire a part of you?

Really odd but interesting
B.

posted on Jan, 31 2005 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Wouldn't ya'll agree that this is some people's ignorance at its best?

But I don't see how consuming the heart would be protection. Maybe it was supposed to give off some signal that tells a vampire who is one and who isn't? Anyways...I don't think vampires can die "natural deaths" like us. lol

[edit on 1/31/2005 by hatchedcross]

posted on Jan, 31 2005 @ 09:32 PM
link   
I wonder if they embalm people in Romania? Yukkie on the meaty drink. I think drinking vampires heart would make them part vampire...yukkkkkie!

Maybe they lied and they were really trying to become a vampire???

[edit on 1/31/2005 by Cherish]

posted on Jan, 31 2005 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cherish
Maybe they lied and they were really trying to become a vampire???

[edit on 1/31/2005 by Cherish]

Its possible...I've read stories that people, confused and ignorant I might add, kill others and eat their heart, brain or drink their blood in hopes of becomming a vampire, but then they also admit to wanting to becoming one...so who knows?

posted on Jan, 31 2005 @ 10:36 PM
link   
these guys grew up in vampire country. if they honestly believed this man was a vampire,oh well.
hey...we dig up thousand year old corpses everyday and do "mummy" autopsies and put them in museums.
so why should these guys be punished?

posted on Jan, 31 2005 @ 10:44 PM
link   
shouldnt that read "Sick men jailed for exhuming a 'vampire' to eat his heart" ???
I dont care what they beleive, desecration of graves is not on!

posted on Jan, 31 2005 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by psychosgirl
these guys grew up in vampire country. if they honestly believed this man was a vampire,oh well.
hey...we dig up thousand year old corpses everyday and do "mummy" autopsies and put them in museums.

Bit of a difference i think!

posted on Jan, 31 2005 @ 10:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by psychosgirl

So you think putting mummies on display in the Egyptian Museum is the same as some freaks digging up some guy to eat his heart?

BTW we dont ''dig thousand year old corpses everyday'' scientist dont just chop up mummies anymore they have things like X-ray and Cat scans because they are scientist.

Scientist or Vampire wannabes yeah thats the same thing

posted on Jan, 31 2005 @ 11:04 PM
link   
1. desecration of a grave where no one remembers who the whole nation truely was and the desecration of a grave where the family is still in the area, grieving over him, yeah, there's a huge diffrence.

2. A bit off topic, my brother had a friend from Transylvania. His canines were naturally elongated.

posted on Jan, 31 2005 @ 11:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by William One Sac

All claimed that they acted in self-defence from "a well-known vampire".

Romania, which encompasses Transylvania, was the setting for Bram Stoker’s Dracula novels.

Did they say why they thought the victim was a well known vampire, i wonder? Also, was the victim supposed to be a vampire before bariel or while still living or what?

posted on Feb, 1 2005 @ 10:00 AM
link   
i could really care less if they ate some dead guys heart..whatever gets them off......i'm trying to figure out how a vampire died of cancer though......when the government created cancer, did they do it to kill vampires? was it heart cancer?...can someone get cancer by eating a 5 pound cancerous tumor?...if so i'd like to see this done and documented

posted on Feb, 1 2005 @ 11:13 AM
link   
dont get me wrong; i Do NOT believe in vampires But...

what if it was a Real Vampire they did this too?

WHat IF?

they would be innocent men prosecuted for Saving lives by destroying the vampire

they should be awarded a medal, in that case

keep in mind im just saying What If
because everyone here acts like they know the hard facts or something
none of you know if it was a real vampire or not
we just assume because
we dont believe in vampires

how arrogant of us

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 12:40 AM
link   
Come on a real Vampire

And one that died of cancer no less. I think if he died of cancer we dont have to worry about him comming back to life.

I dont think we are arrogant for not thinking Vampires are real the hard facts suggest they are not.

posted on Feb, 4 2005 @ 04:24 PM
link   
grave desecration is all the same..regardless if they died yesterday or 1500 years ago.

posted on Feb, 4 2005 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Hello! If he was dead doesn't that disqualify him from being a card carrying member of the un-dead?

posted on Feb, 4 2005 @ 04:30 PM
link   
they probably thought they could keep him from "waking" back up by distroying his heart.

posted on Feb, 4 2005 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bleys
and the guy was dead so really we are just talking about desecrating a corpse. Disrespectful, but at least they waited until he had died.

my first response was to say the same thing, at least they waited till he was dead and didn't murder him for his heart.
And this is a first for me in vampire lore, never heard of eating a heart for protection.

Maybe they secretly wanted to become vampires and thought eating his heart would make them ones?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join