It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Something is just odd

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 05:56 AM
link   
I think I've found what's missing:

Hope.

The world is increasingly hopeless.

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 06:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: swanne
I think I've found what's missing:

Hope.

The world is increasingly hopeless.

Lift heavy weights often and date pretty girls, let everything else take care of itself. That's how it should be at age twenty two.

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 07:09 AM
link   
a reply to: CulturalResilience

I think we differ one how it is. I want to die at -1. You guys run around in shorts at -20, with wind sheer.

Oo

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 07:46 AM
link   
Our minds have have isolated ourselves from the global and universal consciousness, something our ancient ancestors and today the remote shamanistic tribes, Hindus, Buddhists and other non Abrahamic beliefs, understood very well.

When you feel this since of things being amiss, it's your subconscious mind clawing at the face of the wall we have put up around ourselves, a wall that once broken down would reveal that everything, you, your expresso machine, an elephant scratching it's bum, to a quasar blinking it's neutrons into the Nether are all one great realm of consciousness.

Your mind knows, listen to it

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 07:47 AM
link   
Ahh minus 20, fresh and piping for the blood.a reply to: savemebarry

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 08:09 AM
link   
Yes it IS odd.
Don't what exactly but sometimes I feel like I'm gonna realize what it is like it's so close like it's on the tip of my tongue aaaand..it disappears.
A very very weird feeling.

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 08:16 AM
link   
a reply to: swanne

True and maybe the best answer/theory so far.

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 09:58 AM
link   
it`s like 2 magnets that repel each other,you can`t see,touch,feel, taste or smell what is causing them to repel but you can clearing see that they are repelling each other.
edit on 23-2-2017 by Tardacus because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 01:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Tardacus

exactly!

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 04:16 PM
link   
nvm - off topic

edit on 23-2-2017 by Morrad because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 09:02 PM
link   
I get that feeling periodically. Given the state of affairs for the last, oh, I don't know, twenty years give or take, I suppose it shouldn't come as a surprise.
I think alot of it is the realization that things just steadily seem on a slope downward. Socially, politically, environmentally, the whole nine yards.
edit on 23-2-2017 by SpeakerofTruth because: Edit

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 12:03 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

Well said, sir. Well said.

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 01:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Whynotman
a reply to: CulturalResilience

22 and i am a male

I felt the same way from about 17-23 (I'm male too) 17 in 1977, in the U.S. things were weird like today. Just in different way.
You are growing out of boyhood and becoming a man.
It is a time of great change and challenge for everyone your age. regardless of the era.
Later you will look back and enjoy the memories of this time and when you are past 50 (like me) bore those around you with stories of your glorious youth!

Enjoy this time of life and all it's weirdness and B.S.!!

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 06:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: CulturalResilience
Ahh minus 20, fresh and piping for the blood.a reply to: savemebarry

Says you after a gallon of coffee

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 06:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: saudi
Yes it IS odd.
Don't what exactly but sometimes I feel like I'm gonna realize what it is like it's so close like it's on the tip of my tongue aaaand..it disappears.
A very very weird feeling.

Whatever it is your sticking the tip of your tongue on, in those cold temps, yes it will disappear. You'll feel it be ripped from your face, but yep.. that thing you stuck it on will keep it..

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 08:16 AM
link   
The weird thing is that it is not that there is some thing missing - it is the idea of things which is clouding the view.
Concepts and ideas, things in general, can fill the sense of being full of fear. Thought may say 'is this it? Surely this isn't it - there must be more!' - and off you go with the belief in that thought - there seems to be something missing, something lacking, something wrong. The stories arising in mind will never fill the sense of lack - more like reinforce it. However being with what is appearing as sensation - colour, sound, etc nothing feels lacking.
Look around, see and hear what there actually is. Is there anything missing?
The need to fill the sense of lack makes one needy and greedy and this can could result in consumerism.
Here is a fascinating look at the sense of lack most humans feel.

Some thing is odd - there has been an idea implanted that there are things - really there is just what is happening and there are no things.
edit on 25-2-2017 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join