It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Univ of Alaska is turning HAARP back on this Week under Civilian Control

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 10:01 AM
link   
The High Frequency Active Auroral Research Program in Gakona, Alaska was abandoned by the military 3 years ago. Scientists at UofA at Fairbanks Geophysical Institute felt is was a waste of taxpayer funded resources to dismantle the equipment, so they have fundraised to repair and use the facility for continued research. That research begins this week according to Scient ific American.

The facility is also going to be generating artificial aurorae. At full power, HAARP’s transmitter can produce a glowing plasma high in the sky that, although not as bright as the natural aurora borealis, is visible to the naked eye.

The success of these initial experiments will be critical in demonstrating the long-term viability of HAARP to the agencies funding the efforts along with the navy: the National Science Foundation and U.S. Department of Energy.

The University will support experiments for about 2 years. They hope heating the ionosphere, using it as a plasma lab, will yield results to experiments that will justify continued support and attract new financial sponsors, for future experiments.

It's back. One of the conspiracy world's favorite topics.

edit on 2/22/2017 by Olivine because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 10:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Olivine

At full power, HAARP’s transmitter can produce a glowing plasma high in the sky that, although not as bright as the natural aurora borealis, is visible to the naked eye.

Good thing 'full power' can't hold a candle to the real thing.

And since the real thing hasn't fried us yet, I think we're safe.

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 10:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

And since the real thing hasn't fried us yet, I think we're safe.

Me too.

I just wanted to post a thread that wasn't political, for a brief respite.
Thanks for posting.
edit on 2/22/2017 by Olivine because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 10:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Olivine
The High Frequency Active Auroral Research Program in Gakona, Alaska was abandoned by the military 3 years ago. Scientists at UofA at Fairbanks Geophysical Institute felt is was a waste of taxpayer funded resources to dismantle the equipment, so they have fundraised to repair and use the facility for continued research. That research begins this week according to Scient ific American.

The facility is also going to be generating artificial aurorae. At full power, HAARP’s transmitter can produce a glowing plasma high in the sky that, although not as bright as the natural aurora borealis, is visible to the naked eye.

The success of these initial experiments will be critical in demonstrating the long-term viability of HAARP to the agencies funding the efforts along with the navy: the National Science Foundation and U.S. Department of Energy.

The University will support experiments for about 2 years. They hope heating the ionosphere, using it as a plasma lab, will yield results to experiments that will justify continued support and attract new financial sponsors, for future experiments.
It's back. One of the conspiracy world's favorite topics.

So its not just civilian then, the Navy will have some input, it doesn't say how much.

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 10:16 AM
link   
a reply to: smurfy

My understanding of that part of the article makes it sound like the Navy Research lab is taking advantage of the facility being turned back on to do a few more experiments. Sort of, "since it's on", kind of thing.

You are right, though, I wonder where exactly the fundraising money came from.

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Sadly, even knowing that the system has been shut down for the past few years and it will now be run by civilians, those who "know" it's controlling the weather and ....chemtrails..... will still ignore anything you try to explain.

It's the equivalent of telling a Christian God doesn't exist.

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 01:14 PM
link   
After reading the article I couldn't find out what other apparatus and equipment data will be used again.

Does anyone know if the following instruments and data will become available to view again:

Induction Magnetometer
Waterfall Spectrum
Digisonde?

I used to follow the induction magnetometer frequently and there were data that correlated to magnetic field activity around the time of earthquakes. and coincidentally there were interesting data appearing on the graphs that aligned with the use of equipment used in tracking near earth objects.

Its unclear reading the article whether any of the data is going to be viewable by the public.

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Oh great, we are now going to have a bunch of college students playing with our weather. I suppose I should invest in a bigger snowblower, my 80 inch one might be too small.

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 03:13 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

Probably time to get a dozer....

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 06:34 PM
link   
a reply to: smurfy

Experiments are scheduled through the end of the month at the High Frequency Active Auroral Research Program or HAARP facility. It’s the first time science is being conducted at the ionospheric research station in Gakona since the University of Alaska Fairbanks took it over from the Air Force in 2015.

Mitchell said HAARP is being operated on a pay-as-you-go basis, similar to the Poker Flat Rocket launch facility it runs for NASA. She said HAARP is expected to be on line for less than a day during this first run of projects because it’s costly to operate.

“The rate for running HAARP runs about $5,000 an hour,” Mitchell said. “The generators are very expensive. It’d take a lot of fuel to run per hour, so that’s the main cost.”

Agencies funding this month’s HAARP research projects include the National Science Foundation, The Los Alamos National Laboratory and the Naval Research laboratory. UAF-based researchers are involved in the projects.

AlaskaPublic.org (tv and radio) - HAARP schedules first experiments since UAF takeover.

The article says the generators push out to a 3.6 MW transmitter. The cost is mostly for fuel to turn them. So, have a few 5K bills to burn? You too can fire a plasma bubble into the atmosphere ("50 - 600 miles up" - same source).

They said the first experiment is to create an "artificial aurora" which will be invisible (thanks guys!). They also say to sign up their Facebook page for updates!

#TEOTWisNOW, #HaarpAK, run everybody!

edit on 22-2-2017 by TEOTWAWKIAIFF because: formatting

top topics

join