It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The origin of the "All seeing eye," in my opinion.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 07:15 PM
link   
a reply to: kibric

And now, read it..

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 07:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: kibric
I really like this one
I know theres no eye in the middle
but it really struck me

Oh I absolutely love Alchemical Artwork

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 07:20 PM
link   
a reply to: SolAquarius

me too

:

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 07:26 PM
link   
a reply to: tikbalang

what's with you ??

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 07:26 PM
link   

You might enjoy this video I learned quite a bit from it.

The narrators voice at first can be of putting but there is a lot of information.

Sorry the link don't seem to load at the beggining
edit on 21-2-2017 by SolAquarius because: trying to fix link

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 07:30 PM
link   
a reply to: SolAquarius

Thanks I'll check it out

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 07:45 PM
link   

There are tens of thousands of other references hidden everywhere, it expands all the way from the greatest architects to composers, even modern day artists despite the aesthetic approach.

These are just a few remade and copied over and over again until it loses its meaning, the genius used the instruments he had during his paradigm to tell a story and retold them in another meaning, yet the story is the same.

I can list names of people you never knew nor even imagined being mystics from the past..

If someone can only read the message made by his mentor and the symbols, it most likely mean;" They walk in blind faith believing in a story. " They can only read what their own house makes the reference to..

If you know the meaning, the houses doesnt matter, the culture does not matter, the age does not matter..

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 08:05 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Well yes, but still we live in a world that has nothing to do with "that." I'm not sure if that video includes the portion where he says, (to paraphrase,) "I'm separate now, I have no stake in the game, and I don't care....", but for however others may see the full statement, I say "Comedian? No! Philosopher! "

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 08:07 PM
link   

is meant to represent the eye of God

It's the eye of the owner, to be sure.

In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king.

Now, who do you suppose that could be?

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 08:20 PM
link   
There are multitudes of reprentations of the "single source", if anything, the outer portions of those drawings may represent how the outer portions of a society can be regulated or manipulated by the central power, whether it be religious or political. If anything the degree of "EVERYONE FREAK-OUT!!!" In the US is a symptom. There's an oddball at the wheel. "How did he get there?" In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is KING.

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 09:05 PM
link   
I'm glad to see folks chiming in with perspectives that would be considered, hmm, "not considered representative of American values;" does that sound right? Close enough for me. My original intent for this thread was to point out that as far as conspiratorial images go, the use of the "all seeing eye" was an image that manipulative people could have used as a symbol to imply that they were in control of the local population. Graphic examples submitted by others demonstrated, (roughly, ) the same icon used to represent the "center of power" within a country. So, looking back at what I've said earlier, considering that many citizens were illiterate at the time, does it not make sense that the rulers would get a kick out of printing an all seeing eye on the dollar bill, knowing that almost no one would get the joke? In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is KING.

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 09:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: ThickAsABrick
...considering that many citizens were illiterate at the time, does it not make sense that the rulers would get a kick out of printing an all seeing eye on the dollar bill, knowing that almost no one would get the joke? In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is KING.

You saying people in the 1930's were mostly illiterate?

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 09:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Restricted

is meant to represent the eye of God

It's the eye of the owner, to be sure.

In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king.

Now, who do you suppose that could be?

Ah! The one eye'd monster?

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 09:23 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus
I figured you would know this. The Roaring '20s were followed by the Illiterate '30s.

Why do you think so many speakeasies went undetected? The authorities couldn't read the bar signs...

Seriously though, best laugh I've had on ATS today. Followed by a moment of slight amazement. According to the National Center For Education Statistics in 1930 4.3% of the total US population over 14 years old were illiterate. I wouldn't call 4.3% of the entire population "many".

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Love George's work. Got to see him live once. I told friends years ago: "Today's comedians are yesterday's philosophers. Look at Bill Hicks and George Carlin. One of Carlin's best interviews. "Circling the Drain."

www.youtube.com...

Sorry I was busy elsewhere on here. I just took the time to review that George Carlin video you linked.

Outstanding. +++

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Well yes, but still we live in a world that has nothing to do with "that." I'm not sure if that video includes the portion where he says, (to paraphrase,) "I'm separate now, I have no stake in the game, and I don't care....", but for however others may see the full statement, I say "Comedian? No! Philosopher! "

Yes he does say that.

I've been disconnected for decades.

Better view from here.

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Can u break this picture down ? What's it supposed to mean?
edit on 21-2-2017 by ElOmen because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 11:33 PM
link   
a reply to: ThickAsABrick

The Origin of The All Seeing Eye ?
In the beginning was The Word ( and Numbers too) :

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 11:50 PM
link   
Gotta say thank you all, almost all contributions have been dead eyed straight. You know you're loved. Here's another Waits' Track to prove it.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 11:56 PM
link   
a reply to: RavenSpeaks

Yeah sorry, thATS a human construct.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join