It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fifty Shades of Lucifer

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 11:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Noncents

originally posted by: worldstarcountry
The commonly revered deities seem to demand complete mental and physical submission; their counterpart which is often taught to be hated and avoided and fought usually encourages the liberty to live as you choose.

And that's one of the main reasons I hail Eris!

She doesn't want submission, or tithes, or prayer. Actually it's probably better to not pray to her at all, least she notice. It's a relationship of unacknowledged acknowledgement. We've got bad translations and saints, a total lack of bigotry, mysticism, 203 sheep erasers and five tons of flax. All without being condemned or made to feel bad once.

Judging by how cuckoo for cocoa puffs this thread has gotten It seems like her presence is manifesting right before our eyes.
edit on 19-2-2017 by SolAquarius because: I am going cuckoo for cocoa puffs

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 11:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Whatsthisthen

Right on, I get that. What about the commonly held belief that the Devil/Satan/Lucifer/The Dark one, Prince of lies man this guy has more names than Allah.... anyways the belief that he/it/she seeks to make a deal for your soul??? Like my query is, at what point can we trace back where it is mentioned or was translated that it seeks to conduct what is barter or a financial transaction for your soul??? I am not too well versed in he bible, is it written in the bible???

it would be interesting to study the conditions and treatment of citizens in a particular region where this first translation was made or interpreted as such. For all we know, somebody who fit the description was actually in town trying to enlighten and empower a broken and suffering submissive population, much to the derision of the local ruling elite who would have the authority to have the record say what is most favorable to their interests??

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 12:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Noncents

Eris?

. . . . but Wood-Nymphs have the much prettier backsides.

For nature spirits they are truely god-tier behinds.

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 12:05 AM
link   
a reply to: SolAquarius
I thought that was evident from the Ephias Levi introduction about the intellectual Lucifer followed directly by a turn of the century newspaper and very Discordian-ish pseudo-clip-art.

I jest, hopefully eisegesis gets that and returns with his proof of "real magic". I'm looking forward to that. Until then, as they say: The fat man walks alone.

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 12:15 AM
link   
I was eager to see the new B&B movie until I visited this thread. Now I'll never look at Prince/Beast the same.

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 12:29 AM
link   
I'm tired, and need to sleep.

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 12:46 AM
link   
I know the wacky Vatican have a telescope named Lucifer.

A new instrument with an evil-sounding name is helping scientists see how stars are born. Lucifer, which stands for (deep breath) "Large Binocular Telescope Near-infrared Utility with Camera and Integral Field Unit for Extragalactic Research," is a chilled instrument attached to a telescope in Arizona. And yes, it's named for the Devil, whose name itself means "morning star." But it wasn't meant to evoke him, according to a
spokesman for the University of Arizona, where it is housed.

Popular Science

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 12:47 AM
link   

Pics still, right?

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 12:58 AM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

I'm not a scholar either.

anyways the belief that he/it/she seeks to make a deal for your soul??? Like my query is, at what point can we trace back where it is mentioned or was translated that it seeks to conduct what is barter or a financial transaction for your soul??? I am not too well versed in he bible, is it written in the bible???

Adam and Eve perhaps? But that was not quite the full transaction.

it would be interesting to study the conditions and treatment of citizens in a particular region where this first translation was made or interpreted as such. For all we know, somebody who fit the description was actually in town trying to enlighten and empower a broken and suffering submissive population, much to the derision of the local ruling elite who would have the authority to have the record say what is most favorable to their interests??

I like your thinking.

In the OP it is quoted:

"There is a significant difference between the two Tantric paths, that of the right hand and that of the left hand (which both are under Shiva's aegis). In the former, the adept always experiences 'someone above him', even at the highest level of realization. In the latter, 'he becomes the ultimate Sovereign' (chakravartin = worldruler)."

Now let's put aside the idea of "duality" for a moment; the left and right.

The right hand path is a hierachy; a "thing", therefore limited. The left hand path is therefore everything outside the hierachy.

A change of perspective . . . .

Now the god Pan was a lookalike for the devil. Goat below human above with horns and a beard.

Pan is a nature god "everywhere at once" I think the Findhorn folk described him as.

Perhaps what you wrote above in the second quote is so; that to walk out of the collective gate into the world of nature was to sell out to the devil (Pan).

edit on 20-2-2017 by Whatsthisthen because: removed my own duplicate statement for brevity.

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 01:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: SolAquarius

originally posted by: OneGoal
a reply to: Noncents

Picture games? Fun!

Reminds me of Yaldabaoth.

You know whats interesting? You replied at 11:11 according to ats and the guy that drew the pic from my previous post was born on 11/11.

Also, the image i posted isnt the original. The original had 777 on the forehead, no apple above him, and jesus on a cross on the right side. I simply mirrorwd the left side and now we have that. Notice the black circle and pi symbol on my previous post? On his forehead.
edit on 20-2-2017 by OneGoal because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 01:29 AM
link   
a reply to: OneGoal

1111 how crazy.
I kept noticing that Noncents has 23 flags in his profile and of course Skunkape 23 posted a Bob pic I keep expecting 23 syncronicitys to pepper this thread.
23 chromosomes in human sex cells
Earth tilts 23.5 degrees
23 Skiddoo
Hail Eris!

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 02:10 AM
link   
a reply to: eisegesis

Cheers for a great post. I have often wondered if Lucifer and the Devil are meant to be seperate entities. The name Lightbringer has never sat right with me as a name for the lord of darkness. for a while (late teens) I thought the Morning Star and Light Bringer was the Sun (after all, that is the Star that brings us light in the morning).

Did you know that the Morning Star not only refers to Venus? It is also a name attributed to Sirius and Mercury...

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 02:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: PerfectenemyWait a minute Satan equals Santa. Holy nutballs i knew i it. Never trust someone with a sack full of toys who creeps into childrens bedrooms.

Well Santa is Saint Nicholas, the Devil is Old Saint Nick and Nick is an abbreviation of Nicholas, this is something else that has bugged me since my teenage years...

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 02:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
Lucifer is a hell of a good TV show that comes on Monday night.

Read the Lucifer Graphic novels, the TV show really does it an injustice, that being said, I am enjoying the show by disassociating it from the character created by Neil Gaiman...

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 02:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: djz3ro
a reply to: eisegesis

Did you know that the Morning Star not only refers to Venus? It is also a name attributed to Sirius and Mercury...

Seems someone else is also the Morning Star .

"I, Jesus, have sent my angel to give you this message for the churches. I am both the source of David and the heir to his throne. I am the bright morning star."
Rev 22.16

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 03:08 AM
link   
Lucifer, it is said, was damned to spend eternity on Earth. Satan was created to rule Hell. Allegedly different "people"

Lucifer is only mentioned once in the KJV Bible

According to the Book of Enoch, there is a segment when the arch angel is showing Enoch around, when he sees a pit full of people and asks "Who are they?" the Angel wants to know why he is so bothered and says "They are the Satans awaiting punishment"

Since reading over and over the Book on Enoch, I've come to believe that Satan means someone who has done wrong not the Devil as stated in the King James Bible but as the KJV Bible has been edited modified and generally buggered about so much, misinterpretation and omissions have occurred. Quite why anyone follows this version of their Holy Book is beyond me! But not once are any of the fallen Angels (those that lay with human women and created the Nephilim) referred to as Satans. Again in the Book of Enoch it says that Lucifer or Lumiel was cast down to rule the earth but he was not depicted as the human-tempting evil sob that we have been lead to believe, in fact it is possible according to Enoch that it was his brother Shemyaza who was bound to live under the earth after he was arrested by Arch Angel Michael. Curiously it is said Shemyaza was Lucifer's twin. As Lucifer was promised a return to the Heavens and redemption of his former power provided humans achieved spiritual evolution, its unlikely that Lucifer would be the Devil, sent to lead us all astray, it wouldn't be in his interests

edit on 20-2-2017 by PhyllidaDavenport because: missed a bit

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 05:16 AM
link   
a reply to: eisegesis May I edit what Mr. Levi accuses Lucifer to be...
He states that Lucifer is the intelligence of the universe.
Wrong, wrong, wrong.
Lucifer is the intellect of the universe, he is intelligence reversed. People should a start to make difference between this two things. We can see this juxtaposition best portrayed in the Norse mythology. In the sagas, Intelligence would be Odin, and intellect, or Lucifer is Loki the deceiver.

edit on 20-2-2017 by Argentbenign because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 06:32 AM
link   
There is ABSOLUTELY no "Lucifer" in the Bible.

The single occurrence of "Lucifer" is a Latin mistranslation of the Hebrew "Heylel Ben Shashar".

The "Lucifer" mythos is an invented doctrine of the Christians and Satanists alike. Both belief-systems are in error for following this mistranslation.

edit on 2/20/17 by Sahabi because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 07:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Noncents
a reply to: intrptr
Nein, re-read my post, man. First sentence.

What, how many names is (insert pronoun) called by? You missed my point.

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 09:40 AM
link   
From Morals and Dogma, regarding the 32nd Degree of the Ancient & Accepted Scottish Rite helps explain what I have put forth in greater detail...

Magism was the Science of Abraham and Orpheus, of Confucius and Zoroaster. It was the dogmas of this Science that were engraven on the tables of stone by Hanoch and Trismegistus. Moses purified and re-veiled them, for that is the meaning of the word reveal. He covered them with a new veil, when he made of the Holy Kabalah the exclusive heritage of the people of Israel, and the inviolable Secret of its priests.

This is where the concept of Lucifer begins to be introduced to the initiate...

It was the remembrance of this scientific and religious Absolute, of this doctrine that is summed up in a word, of this Word, in fine, alternately lost and found again, that was transmitted to the Elect of all the Ancient Initiations: it was this same remembrance, preserved, or perhaps profaned in the celebrated Order of the Templars, that became for all the secret associations, of the Rose-Croix, of the Illuminati, and of the Hermetic Freemasons, the reason of their strange rites, of their signs more or less conventional, and, above all, of their mutual devotedness and of their power.

Notice that Pike states, "scientific and religious Absolute. All faiths are allowed to enter and practice until they reach the higher degrees and it is revealed that Lucifer is the Absolute.

To the guy who wanted a "real magic" show...

There is magic all around you. Not what many would call "conventional" magic, but magic in the form of understanding how to apply the Absolute scientific laws of Nature that govern our existence, physical and beyond.

I'll let Uriah Heep explain, as their lyrics are steeped in allegory.

Ok, more about that later. (I've got surprises)

The point of the thread was not if Lucifer was being worshiped unknowingly, but to question whether Lucifer and Satan (in all their various forms throughout history) are one in the same. I'm under the impression that they are not.

My educated guess is that Lucifer is the Absolute and the knowledge that can be gained has the ability to ALLOW through FREEWILL, whether to be good or bad, angelic or satanic. Satan may be a manifestation of sin and/or a mindset that contributes to the Left-Hand path of the Tantra.

It appears that this "magic" is what makes kings out of ordinary men. This power has the potential to serve both good and evil, depending if you allow yourself to become magnetized by sin. Sin may represent another god altogether, which is confusing because the entity can also represent knowledge (lacking wisdom).

Magic is the science of the Ancient Magi: and the Christian religion, which has imposed silence on the lying oracles, and put an end to the prestiges of the false Gods, itself reveres those Magi who came from the East, guided by a Star, to adore the Saviour of the world in His cradle.

Tradition also gives these Magi the title of "Kings;" because initiation into Magism constitutes a genuine royalty; and because the grand art of the Magi is styled by all the Adepts, "The Royal Art," or the Holy Realm or Empire, Sanctum Regnum.

This next paragraph should dispel any doubt of Freemasonry's connection to Lucifer unless Pike was talking out of his rear. I'm still open to interpretation from actual "esoteric" Freemasons on ATS.

The Star which guided them is that same Blazing Star, the image whereof we find in all initiations. To the Alchemists it is the sign of the Quintessence; to the Magists, the Grand Arcanum; to the Kabalists, the Sacred Pentagram. The study of this Pentagram could not but lead the Magi to the knowledge of the New Name which was about to raise itself above all names, and cause all creatures capable of adoration to bend the knee.

I'll leave you with this...

Thus there is an Absolute, in the matters of the Intelligence and of Faith. The Supreme Reason has not left the gleams of the human understanding to vacillate at hazard. There is an incontestable verity, there is an infallible method of knowing this verity, and by the knowledge of it, those who accept it as a rule may give their will a sovereign power that will make them the masters of all inferior things and of all errant spirits; that is to say, will make them the Arbiters and Kings of the World.

edit on 23-2-2017 by eisegesis because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join