It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

hoping to be welcome to join in

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 08:43 AM
link   
Hi all,
Like so many others I've been a long time lurker who has recently joined ATS, I absolutely love the site and many of its topics, I love to read a post about something I have little knowledge on and watch the back & forth debates between you all & learn so much, I usually end up agreeing with one theory or I'm left wondering more (which I don't see as a bad thing) other times i read something that requires so much knowledge or education of a certain area I can't follow & my brain hurts lol, which brings me to the reason why I wanted to join & also the reason I didn't want to join.
As my username suggests I am a curious soul who loves to learn & have many times wished I could of asked a question during a topic, on the flip side I would be very nervous about the reaction of some members as some times members have come across as highly intelligent but with no time to spare talking with people who have their opinion but are not educated enough, so I am a bit concerned about being talked down to or giggled at.
However I've seen this rarely and most members seem to be very friendly especially in the health & wellbeing threads that I think my first post will be as I have numerous health problems. & conspiracy theorists are sometimes frustrated that in general people are blind to a lot of what is going on & don't really want to learn the truth so to that I say "hi I find a lot of truth in subjects bought up here & I have a lot more questions than answers" it's very nice to meet you all & I hope to learn a lot from being able to ask questions during topics

edit on 18 2 17 by Staycurious because: Spelling

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 08:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Staycurious

Welcome to the curiosity rabbit hole... more the merrier!

Just what is needed around here... questioning everything and answering nothing. I look forward to reading your thoughts...

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Welcome to ATS!🤗

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 08:50 AM
link   
I lurked for about 7 years before I joined, welcome!

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Howdy!

Welcome to Wonderland. Only a few of us act like the Queen of Hearts.

Have fun.

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Hello and Welcome to ATS earthling..

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Good to see another join in the convo. It seems most people lurk for a while before joining. I think it helps people get a feel for what this site is all about. What sort of crazy are you into?

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 09:12 AM
link   

so I am a bit concerned about being talked down to or giggled at.

If your in the health and well being forums you should be pretty right , some smart cookies in there . And welcome .
edit on 18-2-2017 by hutch622 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Welcome!

I too have health problems and I too used to feel highly intimidated posting here, don't be!

Most of us are reasonably friendly

Look forward to seeing you on the boards.

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Welcome to the site. It's usually not all about Trump here, that is a new thing and I hope it blows over soon.

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 10:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: ttobban

Welcome to the curiosity rabbit hole... more the merrier!

Just what is needed around here... questioning everything and answering nothing. I look forward to reading your thoughts...

Generalization at it's finest.

edit on 18-2-2017 by Dnied because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 10:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Dnied

I feel no need to climb up to the top of the pyramid, dust off the cap stone so it looks pretty... all the while, the foundation is in poor health. I will always stay down at the bottom, re-pointing cracks in the foundation... generalizing specifics into easy to think through folders through methods of funneling. I witness people above me getting involved in specifics... constantly repairing affects instead of cause, and continuously having to come back down to the bottom for supplies to keep things looking pretty.

Not generalizing is too stressful and not sturdy. I have a ladder, but don't trust what was built above me to break it out for use yet... it sits in standby until the foundation stronger.

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Thank you guys for being so welcoming

The crazy I am in to ? Hmm well I have come to believe that there are definitely shady characters behind the scenes controlling almost everything from government to msm to our health. Maybe it's illuminati or this soros character that I'd like to look into more but I'm sure there's much more aside from him. Aliens I believe are more likely to be demons I definitely believe in the supernatural. But who knows I like to keep an open mind, religion wise I identify as a Christian I believe in God & I believe in Jesus but denomination wise I'm unsure, there are many religious conspiracies & I believe people have abused their power & probably still do, i find the saying (the more I learn the less I know) with a lot of things,
As for trump I believe he is going to be either great for America or terrible I guess I'll just have to wait & see, I do believe Hilary Clinton is a bad character & there is something in the conspiracies surrounding her although I believe the whole thing was hijacked & diverted to make the truth hidden in wild conspiracies so everyone would be overwhelmed by the amount of revelations some of them fake making the truth look fake too, I think this whole fake news thing was orchestrated to save her butt & if it's thrown so hard at trump & even he's losing it & declaring fake news is rampant why would the people against Hilary (a good amount trump supporters) look into the accusations about her now. I think that was a very clever move & we're all left confused. & instead of attacking Hillary they're all defending trump & not many people now believe anything they hear. I'm trying to investigate a lot into what is affecting our health as I suffer from fibromyalgia & ideopathic hypersomnia a sleeping disorder also hypothyroidism & im finding connections between them & how so many are suffering & doctors just prescribing more pills I want to be knowledgeable about what's causing this (I believe many things are and its hidden & so are the treatments & cures) this is all to do with big business & profits I think. Wow I'm rambling on there's so much more I question. I look forward to participating and then In the future making a thread about my health problems & hopefully people will share the knowledge they have gained so I can start to help myself.
edit on 19 2 17 by Staycurious because: Spelling

top topics

join