It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ford sticks with plan to open two plants in Mexico

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 07:32 PM
link   
2 factories are coming on line in Mexico this year that will supply engines and trannys to the US. With 3,800 employees and costing $2.5 billion I wonder if Trump is going to put any tariffs on these parts?

While Ford cancelled the 1.6 million $ plant it did not affect 2 other projects that will begin production this year.

Ford without warning last month canceled plans to build a $1.6 billion project in San Luis Potosi, an auto-making area in central Mexico.

Gabriel Lopez, president and CEO of Ford Mexico, said however that this did not affect two other projects it has under way in the country since 2015, which are scheduled to begin production this year.
www.yahoo.com...

These 2 factories coming on line in Mexico will supply engines and trannys to the US, South America, Europe and Asia. The 2 facilities will end up costing about $2.5 billion and employ 3,800 people. Wonder what Trump will have to say about this?

They will supply Ford factories in the United States, South America, Europe and Asia.

The two facilities will cost about $2.5 billion and employ some 3,800 people, Lopez said on Wednesday.

Ford is one of several US companies under pressure from the country's new President Donald Trump.

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Perhaps Ford sees a civil war coming.

The reality of it seems to be edging closer every day.

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 07:42 PM
link   
a reply to: markosity1973

Between who?

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 07:44 PM
link   
The more people employed in Mexico, the fewer who will attempt to catapult over Trump Wall. Right?

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 07:46 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

2 factories are coming on line in Mexico this year that will supply engines and trannys to the US. With 3,800 employees and costing $2.5 billion I wonder if Trump is going to put any tariffs on these parts?

Who pays the tarrifs.. Those that buy the vehicles..?

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 07:46 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Depends on pay.

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 07:47 PM
link   
a reply to: purplemer

Who pays if the jobs are not in the US?

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Nationalists and globalists. Or Conservative / Liberals (They are essentially the same thing)

America was already divided under Obama and now the tensions are reaching boiling point.

And given the amount of weapons your private citizens already have, a civil war will be a bloodbath that makes Syria look like nap time at kindergarten.

Very scary prospect .....

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Liberals are generally anti gun. Now I don't know how that will fold into a make believe civil war.

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 07:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal

Liberals are generally anti gun. Now I don't know how that will fold into a make believe civil war.

They'll go onto the streets and start spitting and shouting at the police and armed patriots.

Then they'll use their clubs and Molotov cocktails.

Then get shot.

War over.

Short one, no do-overs either.

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 07:52 PM
link   
Once every few days, CNN presents a story ACCURATELY. Here's the scoop on the Ford thing..

""Ford got a lot of attention last month when it dropped its plans to build a $1.6 billion assembly plant in San Luis Potosi, Mexico. But the small car production originally planned for the discontinued San Luis Potosi plant is shifting to an existing Ford Mexican assembly plant, not returning to the U.S.

Ford (F) never claimed to be bringing work back, but onlookers could be forgiven for getting confused. On that same day, Ford announced plans for a $700 million investment and 700 new jobs to build electric and self-driving cars at a Michigan plant.""

Full Story: money.cnn.com...

(P.S. Oh.. I see that was from CNN's "Money and Finance" division. It's more balanced, because the readers are of higher intelligence and sophistication than those who only view Woof Blister, Jake "constipated" Tapper, and that racist Don Lemon.)

edit on 2/17/2017 by carewemust because: p.s. added

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 07:56 PM
link   

No ammount of armed citizen is enough to even dent the us military. Any civil war would be put to an end within days.

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 07:56 PM
link   
The average Mexican manufacturing worker makes $2.70 an hour, the average U.S. manufacturing worker makes $19.50 an hour (as of 2014). Of course companies are going to leave the U.S. for Mexico, and of course Mexicans are going to flee their country for the U.S. It's a race to the bottom, and multinationals are always the winner.

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 07:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: TruMcCarthy
The average Mexican manufacturing worker makes $2.70 an hour, the average U.S. manufacturing worker makes $19.50 an hour (as of 2014). Of course companies are going to leave the U.S. for Mexico, and of course Mexicans are going to flee their country for the U.S. It's a race to the bottom, and multinationals are always the winner.

80% import tariff seems like a good idea.

Exception being raw materials needed for US-based manufacturers that aren't plentiful in the US.

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 07:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Ohanka

Lib VS conserv. I would think it would be short like you described.

I liked your commentary.

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 07:59 PM
link   
a reply to: TruMcCarthy

Does the cost of labor in Mexico make the car cheaper?

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Dude i was asking a question not wanting a question in return..

Who pays the tarrifs.. I guess the consumer when they by the car..

Why should the jobs be in the US.. The world is a big place. You going to tarrif eveything thats not made in the US. Only peeps going to loose from that are the people buying the goods..

Bit of a no brianer in my books..

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 08:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Ohanka

Dudes this is just plain daft and imposing a tax on yourselves...

Eighty percent increase...?

So the car that costs 10,000 dollars now cost 18,000 and how exactly is that going to help the average American..

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 08:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
The more people employed in Mexico, the fewer who will attempt to catapult over Trump Wall. Right?

China has built the anti-wall drone to combat Donald Trump's wall plans.

China's single passenger drone

Built to take one person at a time, and can fold up to fit in anybody's garage, or even transported in the back of a small van, this drone can unpack and fly a person over the wall in just a few minutes.

Since the drone is all automated, no pilot skills are required. The person just presses using "touch screen" commands on a map where he'd like to be transported to, and pushes the start button, and the drone automatically takes off and flys him to his destination. Drops him off, and flys back automatically.

I can see the cartel buying dozens of these Chinese CES Drones and providing the transport service to Mexicans wanting to get back into the US after deportation.

This drone will be the end of Donald's wall.

Poor Donald, he want's to take America "back" to what it was at some unknown time in the past, but the future is changing "everything." And he is too old to understand.

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 08:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: AMPTAH

originally posted by: carewemust

China has built the anti-wall drone to combat Donald Trump's wall plans.

China's single passenger drone

Built to take one person at a time, and can fold up to fit in anybody's garage, or even transported in the back of a small van, this drone can unpack and fly a person over the wall in just a few minutes.

Since the drone is all automated, no pilot skills are required. The person just presses using "touch screen" commands on a map where he'd like to be transported to, and pushes the start button, and the drone automatically takes off and flys him to his destination. Drops him off, and flys back automatically.

I can see the cartel buying dozens of these Chinese CES Drones and providing the transport service to Mexicans wanting to get back into the US after deportation.

This drone will be the end of Donald's wall.

Poor Donald, he want's to take America "back" to what it was at some unknown time in the past, but the future is changing "everything." And he is too old to understand.

Problem solved

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join